Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

TIGGER

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe it's time to put Tigger back on my ignore list.......................

crosstownk2
    Nopeare 1
    Barney92 1

we should lynch one of these tonight if the post count is still low

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I think I'll be up for the next game too, depending on when it is. At the very least I want dead room access. I'd also like to co-mod a game in future. :)

Its funny this game can become quite time consuming, the whole time on my Jayo quest I was thinking if im obviously wrong the dead thread will be calling me all sorts.. But so far so good..

I read the wolves thread and while I was close ish to being munched a few times which I wanted I fell for all thier plans I think :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Where's the threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Where's the threads?

They're hidden so I can't see them
    Pm someone and they'll give you the link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Its funny this game can become quite time consuming, the whole time on my Jayo quest I was thinking if im obviously wrong the dead thread will be calling me all sorts.. But so far so good..

I read the wolves thread and while I was close ish to being munched a few times which I wanted I fell for all thier plans I think :(

We all thought jayo was a wolf at some stage so you werent the only one

I thought if i could make the wolves believe i was shooting jayo i might have survived if he was a villager, they did talk about it but decided to much me for the guaranteed kill

Sorry jayo :o

andy125 wrote: »
    We all thought jayo was a wolf at some stage so you werent the only one

I thought if i could make the wolves believe i was shooting jayo i might have survived if he was a villager, they did talk about it but decided to much me for the guaranteed kill

Sorry jayo :o

Sigh thats kinda what I was thinking me saying to you that the Vig should shoot Nopeare and you agreeing might have swayed the decision to munch you, I also thought asking you who the vig should shoot called you out but at least I know thats not the case

Also sorry mods for pushing for thr reveal the day of trits save just thought it was unfair we got andys reveal and not trits I kinda get he was peeked but it was by the wolves so would kinda make more sense it if by the seer or maybe it was for both. Just found it confusing.

Also grrr Mollys husband :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ah Trigger, Trigger, Trigger, what will we do with you at all at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

trigger-warning.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Sigh thats kinda what I was thinking me saying to you that the Vig should shoot Nopeare and you agreeing might have swayed the decision to munch you, I also thought asking you who the vig should shoot called you out but at least I know thats not the case

Also sorry mods for pushing for thr reveal the day of trits save just thought it was unfair we got andys reveal and not trits I kinda get he was peeked but it was by the wolves so would kinda make more sense it if by the seer or maybe it was for both. Just found it confusing.

Normally, I don't think the munch targets saved by the GA are revealed, I only revealed Andy name so you could get a hint that he was peeked and that he could give you a little guidance. I was lolling when Andy was asking for a bullet, because without it he probably might have survived at least one extra night as an ordinary villager. He was asking for a death sentence when he asked for the bullet.

I did bring his case to the dead room, but it was slightly wierd, having to make his case as well as my own.

I am impressed that I argued his case so well, that he beat me :p

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Normally, I don't think the munch targets saved by the GA are revealed, I only revealed Andy name so you could get a hint that he was peeked and that he could give you a little guidance. I was lolling when Andy was asking for a bullet, because without it he probably might have survived at least one extra night as an ordinary villager. He was asking for a death sentence when he asked for the bullet.

I did bring his case to the dead room, but it was slightly wierd, having to make his case as well as my own.

I am impressed that I argued his case so well, that he beat me :p

Look 100% no fault but I was looking for every little piece of info I could get and I didnt understand why no reveal.

I think I having read some games before got the Doc and GA as the one charcter but obv I got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Look 100% no fault but I was looking for every little piece of info I could get and I didnt understand why no reveal.

I think I having read some games before got the Doc and GA as the one charcter but obv I got it wrong.

No worries. Read your rambling post in the dead room. Quite interesting and added a point to it. I am really interested in seeing what direction the game will go from here as there was a lot of differences from the 1st to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Could you use the poll feature of boards for votes? You could set a deadline so people can switch their votes until it closes - that way it would be easy to see who had voted for whom without having to trawl through pages and pages of "VOTE A", no "VOTE B", etc.
    The possible downside would be that non-players might add their names, but I wouldn't expect there would be many, and you could just ignore them from the final count.
    I think a thread-starter can re-set a poll as often as they wish? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I posted one... if ever... hmm...

More importantly, I've done quite a bit of reading this evening and while I can't remember all of it, I must say that accusing Tigg of cheating was not cool. I, too, might very well have gone apeshit (and that's starting from a relatively sane point to begin with) had I been accused of cheating just because I was playing well. And yes, the implication was definitely there.

As to his alleged "mis-use" of the Seer room by inviting un-checked players - it was a brave play, but by no means a bad one. And while rules might seem "obvious" to the gamesmasters, it's worth bearing in mind that there are a lot of rules here, and it's best to be very clear about things, for the benefit of those of us who are less experienced in these matters:
    WerewolfGM 1: "Also, you can invite any live player you like to this chat. Be warned though. Any player invited will know your power and could potentially expose you."
    WerewolfGM 2: "The Seer room is meant to be a haven for peeks that the Seer makes that are not werewolves. It is so that they too can start to build up an alliences.
    It was not meant for tigger to add who ever he wanted as he only ever peeked WW's. But since the rules didnt state the obvious we let it go.
    "

And to people citing "statistics", to support their conviction - if your opening line runs approximately "I'm not very good at statistics..." perhaps you should stop there, instead of ploughing ahead regardless and using these alleged "statistics" to suggest that Tigg guessing 3 wolves correctly was less likely than getting struck twice by lightning after winning the lottery as a coconut fell on your head causing you to drop your toast which fortunately landed butter side up on the carpet.
    Sure, he was a little bit lucky, but the odds were not so high as some would claim - and that's before taking into account that he's a pretty good player. I hope the unfortunate episode in the middle of this game won't prevent him coming back.
    That said, if I'm ever a wolf, he'll be eaten the first night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ficheall wrote: »
    Could you use the poll feature of boards for votes? You could set a deadline so people can switch their votes until it closes - that way it would be easy to see who had voted for whom without having to trawl through pages and pages of "VOTE A", no "VOTE B", etc.
    The possible downside would be that non-players might add their names, but I wouldn't expect there would be many, and you could just ignore them from the final count.
    I think a thread-starter can re-set a poll as often as they wish? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I posted one... if ever... hmm...

More importantly, I've done quite a bit of reading this evening and while I can't remember all of it, I must say that accusing Tigg of cheating was not cool. I, too, might very well have gone apeshit (and that's starting from a relatively sane point to begin with) had I been accused of cheating just because I was playing well. And yes, the implication was definitely there.

As to his alleged "mis-use" of the Seer room by inviting un-checked players - it was a brave play, but by no means a bad one. And while rules might seem "obvious" to the gamesmasters, it's worth bearing in mind that there are a lot of rules here, and it's best to be very clear about things, for the benefit of those of us who are less experienced in these matters:
    WerewolfGM 1: "Also, you can invite any live player you like to this chat. Be warned though. Any player invited will know your power and could potentially expose you."
    WerewolfGM 2: "The Seer room is meant to be a haven for peeks that the Seer makes that are not werewolves. It is so that they too can start to build up an alliences.
    It was not meant for tigger to add who ever he wanted as he only ever peeked WW's. But since the rules didnt state the obvious we let it go.
    "

And to people citing "statistics", to support their conviction - if your opening line runs approximately "I'm not very good at statistics..." perhaps you should stop there, instead of ploughing ahead regardless and using these alleged "statistics" to suggest that Tigg guessing 3 wolves correctly was less likely than getting struck twice by lightning after winning the lottery as a coconut fell on your head causing you to drop your toast which fortunately landed butter side up on the carpet.
    Sure, he was a little bit lucky, but the odds were not so high as some would claim - and that's before taking into account that he's a pretty good player. I hope the unfortunate episode in the middle of this game won't prevent him coming back.
    That said, if I'm ever a wolf, he'll be eaten the first night.

Just on the voting thing, The reason it is played out on thread is so that people can see while posting who has voted, what time and when they change. As you seen there were questions of why XXX? etc and as the night came to a close people panicked and jumped about. Not sure, but I think it may be harder to keep visible with a poll?

On Tiggs. Yes he got 3 out of 3, but he actually got 6/6 as he only invited villagers to his room. That is pretty awesome statistics.

But what was found, was anyone could put the quicktopics into google, and add werewolf or take stabs at the room name and rooms come up. I think that is what made it suss.

Here is a quick room I googled. So apologise to Tigger for suspecting him, but in the grand scale of things you can't blame anyone as there were extra ip addresses in the wolf room and the google thing. I admit I was worried when it was pointed out and that is why I googled.

I would also recommend any WW mods in future make obscure names for their rooms as it is too risky now we know you can google

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/jagNMSufZccCB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Yeah he got shouted at for that. But in fairness to him, I had thought you were a wolf since the dazzler lynch so it would've looked wolfy as hell for me to flip flop over to a random low poster like cross or crow at the last minute. So had we survived that round the suspicion would properly be on me and we would've lost anyway when ye lynched me. I can't see how we could've won. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah he got shouted at for that. But in fairness to him, I had thought you were a wolf since the dazzler lynch so it would've looked wolfy as hell for me to flip flop over to a random low poster like cross or crow at the last minute. So had we survived that round the suspicion would properly be on me and we would've lost anyway when ye lynched me. I can't see how we could've won. :(

Pretty much as you say there Molly. I think the whole Tigger thing maybe cost us a bit in terms of coming back less focused and maybe with a more entrenched position. I mentioned confirmation bias in the dead room and i think we may all have had a bit of that. Its funny reading back over posts knowing the truth, you read perfectly innocent posts that at the time just screamed "sneaky wolf". I know i was guilty if that both for yourself and sullivlo. Its probably part of the reason the wolves could stay low too since we used maybe 3-4 days creating a wall of noise. Funny thing is once it built momentum i dont think anyone could have blinked without being lynched as a wolf .

That said, the wolves played really well i think. It would have been hard to catch them even without two camps of villagers forming. Their strategy of looking like ho-hum villagers was very clever and worked really well. They also read the game beautifully. I figured theyd peeked Andy and they really were paying attention. The only one who sneeked under radar for most if the time was GA and Yoss managed to hide from everyone, well pkayed Yoss

Yeah the game makes you so paranoid that I would be writing a post or a response and then reading back over it to make sure it didn't sound too "wolfy". Lol.

Yoss had a really good game coz I had about 4 different people pegged for the GA at different points but I never thought it was him. Looking back, I don't think there was anything there in the wolves posts that could've led us to identify them so really well played too.
    And as someone mentioned in the dead room (mahama I think), whilst Tigger blew it out of the park getting us the first 3 wolves, it actually also screwed us up coz we had absolutely no one that we could trust at all. And we were the instruments of our own downfall then because we couldn't trust anyone. I'd say me trusting Jayop was about as close as I came to 100% trusting someone and even then I had my doubts. I was sooooooooooooo relieved when he was revealed as a villager.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Ah Trigger, Trigger, Trigger, what will we do with you at all at all
    Tigger wrote: »
    trigger-warning.jpg

Sorry, it was my task.. for entry into the next game :cool::pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd say me trusting Jayop was about as close as I came to 100% trusting someone and even then I had my doubts. I was sooooooooooooo relieved when he was revealed as a villager.

I was pretty sure, or at least hoped, that Jayop was a villager too. I thought him a bit wolfy the first two days, but pretty convinced he was a villager after that, with his statistics about Village numbers versus Wolf numbers and how vital it was to get a 100% confirmed wolf in Nopeare. That's what did it. I have to say, after he was lynched, and his role was announced, I gave a MASSIVE whoop reading it!

But I can understand those who thought Jay was a wolf too. A newbie, or a relative newbie acting so villagery would just lead you to think them a villager. But somebody so experienced like Jay, you're over-thinking it and seeing everything he posts as a wolf bluff.

Like I said in the DR ... I'm not sure there is a perfect way to play the game. Mostly you're relying on guess work and a bit of luck (like who gets peaked at, or protected, etc). A seemingly innocuous statement like commiserating Shatter on another early exit could have been interpreted as genuine disappointment, or as wolfy bluffing. Just like the mistake I made in suspecting Uriel just because he didn't know there was a much on Monday morning. Genuine confusion, or wolfy bluffing? There's no REAL way of knowing except best guess. And like Mick and Trit both said, once you latch on to an idea, your confirmation bias goes in to overdrive and you see wolfy behaviour in EVERYTHING that your target does.

quickbeam wrote: »
    I was pretty sure, or at least hoped, that Jayop was a villager too. I thought him a bit wolfy the first two days, but pretty convinced he was a villager after that, with his statistics about Village numbers versus Wolf numbers and how vital it was to get a 100% confirmed wolf in Nopeare. That's what did it. I have to say, after he was lynched, and his role was announced, I gave a MASSIVE whoop reading it!

But I can understand those who thought Jay was a wolf too. A newbie, or a relative newbie acting so villagery would just lead you to think them a villager. But somebody so experienced like Jay, you're over-thinking it and seeing everything he posts as a wolf bluff.

Like I said in the DR ... I'm not sure there is a perfect way to play the game. Mostly you're relying on guess work and a bit of luck (like who gets peaked at, or protected, etc). A seemingly innocuous statement like commiserating Shatter on another early exit could have been interpreted as genuine disappointment, or as wolfy bluffing. Just like the mistake I made in suspecting Uriel just because he didn't know there was a much on Monday morning. Genuine confusion, or wolfy bluffing? There's no REAL way of knowing except best guess. And like Mick and Trit both said, once you latch on to an idea, your confirmation bias goes in to overdrive and you see wolfy behaviour in EVERYTHING that your target does.

The early days of a game (especially day 1) are pure random guess work from what I can see, and some innocuous throwaway remark has the potential to get you lynched... of course, if the seer is on the ball, like Tigger, then you may get some "developed luck" early

The early days of a game (especially day 1) are pure random guess work from what I can see, and some innocuous throwaway remark has the potential to get you lynched... of course, if the seer is on the ball, like Tigger, then you may get some "developed luck" early

Fair point. Maybe its the ones who dont slip up at that point who we should watch :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

crowseye wrote: »
    So wait Valeyard is claiming to be the guardian angel then?
    Hmm gonna stick with my current pick can't see myself changing unless Valeyard comes up with a very convincing argument
    One of the reasons I assumed Tigger came out as seer was because the votes seemed to be leaning towards lynching him before he did
    Only it makes no sense for either of them to be the assassin because he'll only get to kill someone on the third day right? Whatever way it goes now both tigger and Valeyard will probably be dead by day three
    Think I'm going to stick with my original vote {B} The Valeyard {/B}. I won't be around again until after the vote so hope we are right!

For those curious .....

Well done crowseye!!

Would never in a million years have noticed that. Snakey!!! :)

Would never in a million years have noticed that. Snakey!!! :)

the only problem now we'll spend future games mulling over every misspelling, grammatical errors and looking for patters all over the place...

Might need to call in John Nash....

the only problem now we'll spend future games mulling over every misspelling, grammatical errors and looking for patters all over the place...

Might need to call in John Nash....

Jesus i spent some of this game doing it, just ask Sullivlo

Major cringe moment for me to look back on :pac:

Mick, none of us has a clue what kind of task the Assassin got so looking back at your posts isn't going to help unless its blatantly obvious. None of us figured out nopeare was the alpha from the task he did so I don't think its much of a defence.

:mad:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wp you sneaky fecker

tritium wrote: »
    Jesus i spent some of this game doing it, just ask Sullivlo

Major cringe moment for me to look back on :pac:

ah we all have those moments... sure I was convinced jayop was a wolf... :o

in fairness, the last two wolves played a stormer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

ah we all have those moments... sure I was convinced jayop was a wolf... :o

in fairness, the last two wolves played a stormer
    I was 100% convinced jayo was a wolf. It's a game that messes with your head and makes you question every judgement call you've ever made.

I love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement