Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Well played Wolves, only not getting a chance to post after my death and read the dead room. Was out Saturday and busy all day yesterday, I'll go back and read the last days events now.

One thing I will say though and I'm not sure if it was mentioned was that I was disappointed the two final wolves had such a low post count after getting to the end of the game. none of the wolves had more than 52 posts and in total they had just over 8% of the posts in the game to their names. It's almost impossible to catch sleeper wolves and as days roll on it's just not possible to risk lynching them with no evidence when there's other people with hundreds of posts who are clearly going to have a better case made against them.

Not sour grapes, just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Jayop wrote: »
    Well played Wolves, only not getting a chance to post after my death and read the dead room. Was out Saturday and busy all day yesterday, I'll go back and read the last days events now.

One thing I will say though and I'm not sure if it was mentioned was that I was disappointed the two final wolves had such a low post count after getting to the end of the game. none of the wolves had more than 52 posts and in total they had just over 8% of the posts in the game to their names. It's almost impossible to catch sleeper wolves and as days roll on it's just not possible to risk lynching them with no evidence when there's other people with hundreds of posts who are clearly going to have a better case made against them.

Not sour grapes, just an observation.

Its a valid tactic all the same, that is why i always try to target the low posters early as there is normally a wolf hiding there

andy125 wrote: »
    Its a valid tactic all the same, that is why i always try to target the low posters early as there is normally a wolf hiding there

Valid to a point but there should be limits. I don't know does there need to be a minimum post per day put in.

Are you running the next game Andy or do you want me to run one?

Are you running the next game Andy or do you want me to run one?

wont have the time till late October to run one, i think Digital solitude said he wanted to mod one if you want to play again,

Should we wait to see if we get our forum request accepted or just go for a 3rd here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Valid to a point but there should be limits. I don't know does there need to be a minimum post per day put in.

It not just a wolf thing though. A lot of villagers with roles do the same though. Yoss did the same thing as GA, Andy was quieter as the Vig and that how the wolves spotted him.

It just a natural trend that those with roles are quieter as they are too busy try to read/observe the play. Nothing can be done.

Not sure if min post is a great idea, as it will just encourage more nonsense style of posts so to post for the sake of posting. Don't forget RL stuff also, you really don't wanna read various posters apologising for not posting due to RL XYZ stuff. In fact I think there should be a rule for not making any RL references. Either you post or you dont and that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm up for modding, will co-mod if you want Jayop.

The current game I'm in has one player with zero posts on day 3, and one with about 5. Both are home visiting family, one has a role, one hasn't. Sometimes the timing just doesn't suit, giving hassle helps no one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    It not just a wolf thing though. A lot of villagers with roles do the same though. Yoss did the same thing as GA, Andy was quieter as the Vig and that how the wolves spotted him.

It just a natural trend that those with roles are quieter as they are too busy try to read/observe the play. Nothing can be done.

Not sure if min post is a great idea, as it will just encourage more nonsense style of posts so to post for the sake of posting. Don't forget RL stuff also, you really don't wanna read various posters apologising for not posting due to RL XYZ stuff. In fact I think there should be a rule for not making any RL references. Either you post or you dont and that it.

Maybe a third Co mod to quality control everyone's posts... Minimum three posts per day approved as quality posts... Half the village mod killed on day 1 :)

Im joking btw

I had less posts because i didn't need to explain the rules as much as the last game which is were half my posts from the last game came from, or something :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I don't think enforcing minimum post counts is a good idea at all. We've already seen what happens when you hassle people for not posting enough. If you want to keep quiet that's a legitimate approach. It's up to the opposition to peek you, root you out, race you off, or whatever. In fairness, in this game it was completely the villagers' own fault that they left the low posters to their own devices while they squabbled among themselves. And Jayop, you and Mick were the main culprits in that. :P

As long as people are turning up for their lynch votes they're still participating in the game.

• Advertisement

I don't think enforcing minimum post counts is a good idea at all. We've already seen what happens when you hassle people for not posting enough. If you want to keep quiet that's a legitimate approach. It's up to the opposition to peek you, root you out, race you off, or whatever. In fairness, in this game it was completely the villagers' own fault that they left the low posters to their own devices while they squabbled among themselves. And Jayop, you and Mick were the main culprits in that. :P

As long as people are turning up for their lynch votes they're still participating in the game.

True but when we went after low posters half the village walked out :D people seem to get a little touchy when pulled on it to

I'd say the forum request will be no problem, that's what was hinted at by Tom a few weeks back. Probably best to wait a few weeks before starting the next one but you could start a sign up thread.

If we're going to do it as Co mods then I'd love to try a few different things to keep it fresh.

andy125 wrote: »
    I had less posts because i didn't need to explain the rules as much as the last game which is were half my posts from the last game came from, or something :cool:

Are you sure it wasn't because you had a role and didn't want to stand as too villagery/helpful and as such a big target for the wolves :p

I'd say the forum request will be no problem, that's what was hinted at by Tom a few weeks back. Probably best to wait a few weeks before starting the next one but you could start a sign up thread.

If we're going to do it as Co mods then I'd love to try a few different things to keep it fresh.

Request to join dead room so can heckle you guys :p

Note to self: cut down on smilies.

True but when we went after low posters half the village walked out :D people seem to get a little touchy when pulled on it to

Yeah I agree, and I think some of those reactions were a bit weird tbh. It's just as much a valid tactic to go after the low posters as it is to be one. I don't see the point in walking away from the game; carry on being a low poster and let them lynch you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Just a thought but i think quite a few players (myself included) noted they were drained after that one. Would a break of a few weeks be sensible? Maybe wait on the forum request.

Not trying to force it either way though, give me a week to recover and ill probably be dead keen to play again :)

tritium wrote: »
    Just a thought but i think quite a few players (myself included) noted they were drained after that one. Would a break of a few weeks be sensible? Maybe wait on the forum request.

Not trying to force it either way though, give me a week to recover and ill probably be dead keen to play again :)

Yea I think we will wait till we have a nice new den to hang out

Suppose that depends on the level of interest trit. We don't all have to play every game. If we get a board of our own then once there's enough players and people to mod, a game can start. If there's enough people involved you could have one kicking off every week or two with a different roster.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.

With a new improved system?

Hmm, time to go back to my actual account.

• Advertisement

I think one game per month should be the limit.

Maybe we could coincide it with the next full moon...?

The real question is who is going to mod the Halloween special game....???

:p

I think one game per month should be the limit.

I'd say that's about right... I suspect that because a lot of people (including me) were so new to it that they'd sign up immediately after game 1,but if most of the originals stay involved I suspect the interest would wane if games are back to back without some down time. Obviously hopefully we'll pick up new players along the way

Uriel. wrote: »
    Maybe we could coincide it with the next full moon...?

The real question is who is going to mod the Halloween special game....???

:p

My vote is for Tigger.

My vote is for Tigger.

We might all end up in a padded cell...

With a new improved system?

Hmm, time to go back to my actual account.

Maybe....

*looks around shiftily.....*

(I'll try to make a better play of whatever i come up with next time though. All that work to try to lynch villagers :p)

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a forum? I think we need a dedicated outside forum in place of the QT's. It would only be used for the purpose of these games, planning, dead room and wolf den.

I am an admin of another forum and have good experience with Xenforo permissions and setting up forums once it's all in place but I've never sorted hosting or domain names etc.

I've a Web domain and hosting where I could potentially set something up, time permitting. But I wouldn't want to firmly commit to that right now. :)

Does anyone have any experience of setting up a forum? I think we need a dedicated outside forum in place of the QT's. It would only be used for the purpose of these games, planning, dead room and wolf den.

I am an admin of another forum and have good experience with Xenforo permissions and setting up forums once it's all in place but I've never sorted hosting or domain names etc.
    Could you have a restricted sub forum that mods grant access to (kind of like the soccer forum) or is that too messy?

• Advertisement

Could you have a restricted sub forum that mods grant access to (kind of like the soccer forum) or is that too messy?

I'm talking about a forum only for the wolf den and such like that has to be off site. The games themselves would still be hosted here on the new forum if we get it.

It's just so much nicer and more secure than using QuickTopic. You have all the boards members that play register there, all the forums will be hidden to everyone apart from the people the games mods want to see them. We did it before for another forum I was on and it worked brilliantly. QT's are just too much hassle to read.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement