Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm talking about a forum only for the wolf den and such like that has to be off site. The games themselves would still be hosted here on the new forum if we get it.

It's just so much nicer and more secure than using QuickTopic. You have all the boards members that play register there, all the forums will be hidden to everyone apart from the people the games mods want to see them. We did it before for another forum I was on and it worked brilliantly. QT's are just too much hassle to read.

Wouldn't be too hard to do, will look into it more if we get our own section here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

andy125 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too hard to do, will look into it more if we get our own section here

Yeah it's just doing it free gratis is the thing I'm more interested. Not sure if it's possible to do it 100% free but we can look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

I'm talking about a forum only for the wolf den and such like that has to be off site. The games themselves would still be hosted here on the new forum if we get it.

It's just so much nicer and more secure than using QuickTopic. You have all the boards members that play register there, all the forums will be hidden to everyone apart from the people the games mods want to see them. We did it before for another forum I was on and it worked brilliantly. QT's are just too much hassle to read.

Ah yeah, i get that alright Jay. I meant a wolfs lair sub-forum within a main werewolf forum. Not sure if the rules on boards allow something like that or if its flexible enough though

tritium wrote: »
    Ah yeah, i get that alright Jay. I meant a wolfs lair sub-forum within a main werewolf forum. Not sure if the rules on boards allow something like that or if its flexible enough though

Would require a massive amount of work from the staff here to set it up for every game. You'd also need site admin permissions and access to things like the forum tree's and user permissions.

It's not really anything that's likely or possible I don't think.

Yeah it's just doing it free gratis is the thing I'm more interested. Not sure if it's possible to do it 100% free but we can look into it.

have you ever used or heard of proboards?
    seems to have all the features we would need and is free

• Advertisement

have you ever used or heard of proboards?
    seems to have all the features we would need and is free

I had set up a forum there prior to the first game but I don't think I was able to edit permissions enough to completely hide certain forums from certain people. I'll do it again and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

https://www.phpbb.com/

I set a forum up using this software, it ran similar to Vbulletin so none of you would have any issues

Suffering Golfer, did you actually contact Tom Dunne re the forum request or did you jut set up the thread?

http://boardwolf.boards.net/board/1/general-discussion

Can a few of you register an account on there. I want to try to set up a few forums and see if I can manipulate user permissions enough to have this as a viable non QT alternative.

Done Jayop

• Advertisement

Thanks MrsFD!

So at the moment I just created a forum for all the WW stuff. I'll delete the Gen section as we won't need it.

YOu should currently have permissions to see everything. I'm now going to only allow you to see the dead room.

Thanks MrsFD!

So at the moment I just created a forum for all the WW stuff. I'll delete the Gen section as we won't need it.

YOu should currently have permissions to see everything. I'm now going to only allow you to see the dead room.

I can see dead, wolves and mod at the minute

I can see dead, wolves and mod at the minute

Yeah it's weird, I have set up members groups twice now but it's not saving them and when I go to edit board permissions it's only giving me the default options.

Yeah it's weird, I have set up members groups twice now but it's not saving them and when I go to edit board permissions it's only giving me the default options.

Can you ban users from an area?

Just signed up there, I am getting you don't have permission to view this forum in dead room and wolves den

I am not able to view any of the 3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'm up for modding, will co-mod if you want Jayop.

The current game I'm in has one player with zero posts on day 3, and one with about 5. Both are home visiting family, one has a role, one hasn't. Sometimes the timing just doesn't suit, giving hassle helps no one

Ah lad!!

Only see the dead forum now Jayop

Gimme 2 secs.

OK, so now MrsFD should only be able to see dead. Andy should only be able to see mod and Yosser should only be able to see Wolf iirc.

• Advertisement

OK, so now MrsFD should only be able to see dead. Andy should only be able to see mod and Yosser should only be able to see Wolf iirc.

I see dead people :)

i see mod

Nice one. So that's a perfect option.

I'll remove the conditional access for now and allow everyone to have a look around and give some feedback. We'll have to customize the board too.

can you all post in your respective forums, want to see can i see recent activity, i have posted in mods

Also jayop can you hide active users online?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Depending on the outcome of the forum request, we could ask for sum forums to be set up (dead room, seer room, moderators, wolfs den etc) and then add/remove access to posters based on their roles. It would mean having a dedicated account for modding, so perhaps the warewolfGM account which changes hands based on the current mods.

I can put the feelers out in the moderator section?

I posted in dead ok

I posted in dead ok

i cant see that in your recent activity so thats good

i cant see that in your recent activity so thats good

http://boardwolf.boards.net/user/2

You can't see in recent threads/posts?

http://boardwolf.boards.net/user/2

You can't see in recent threads/posts?

nope, nothing

• Advertisement

I can still see that other members are online but I can't see their posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement