Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fionnuala McCormack Kilomarathon - 10 Sep 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just registered for this. Nicely placed in calendar to suit those in marathon training at the moment.
    More details here:
    https://www.wicklowhospice.ie/our-events/

There's a small pacing team at this event also for anyone looking to incorporate this as an MP run targeting sub 3:00/3:15/3:30/3:45/4:00.
    The plan will be to run 2 miles easy / 10 miles at MP / 4+ miles easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Fionnuala McCormack Kilomarathon
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    There's a small pacing team at this event also for anyone looking to incorporate this as an MP run targeting sub 3:00/3:15/3:30/3:45/4:00.
    The plan will be to run 2 miles easy / 10 miles at MP / 4+ miles easy.

Eel pie and mead available every twelfth furlong?

Hope to make this one BB, will turn over the weekly hourglass as a reminder ;)

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Eel pie and mead available every twelfth furlong?

Hope to make this one BB, will turn over the weekly hourglass as a reminder ;)

Sounds like you've had too much mead :pac:, don't hope JFDI

Sounds like you've had too much mead :pac:, don't hope JFDI

I JFD, look forward to it! Hic! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Is there registration available on the morning of this?

• Advertisement

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    I JFD, look forward to it! Hic! ;)

Excellent, you giving it a lash or jumping in with an MP group for 16.1 kms?

sideswipe wrote: »
    Is there registration available on the morning of this?

From 8am going by the flyer

13612297_1035928806483405_6673595494472102221_n.png?oh=4df8f0f5ffda8a88945155f87fb17662&oe=58805210

Excellent, you giving it a lash or jumping in with an MP group for 16.1 kms?

Just content to trot around dry and bikeless
      for 26.2k, the Porter/Beepbeep/Slogger triumverate is a good seal of approval, and its a very nice route.

1. Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I hope to give the 10k a lash. I'm following a P&D plan for DCM so this is timed nicely for one of the tune-up races. It'll be my first time racing since March so I expect it to come as a bit of a shock to the system.

2. Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If it's good enough for Kurt Godel, it's good enough for me. I'm in..

My plan is to run the first 120 furlongs at marathon pace (15.4 feet/second), and then just try to hang on for the remaining 2,112 yards.

3. Advertisement
    4. Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Is this the same event as the "old" Moone Kilomarathon?

TbL

5. Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is this the same event as the "old" Moone Kilomarathon?

TbL
      The Moone Kilomarathon is no more. The organizers are hosting an event this year, but are just focusing on the 10k distance (also taking place next Saturday). This event is organized by the Wicklow Hospice Foundation fundraising team and is taking place in Wicklow, near the Beehive pub, taking in an anti-clockwise loop near Brittas.

6. Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

The Moone Kilomarathon is no more. The organizers are hosting an event this year, but are just focusing on the 10k distance (also taking place next Saturday). This event is organized by the Wicklow Hospice Foundation fundraising team and is taking place in Wicklow, near the Beehive pub, taking in an anti-clockwise loop near Brittas.

Ah ****e, I enjoyed it the last time I did it, can't do this one as I'll be away.

Those kilo marathons are great for marathon paced runs.

Tnx Krusty

TbL

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Signed up for this. Looks like a testing route. Was going to to the 10k but think I'll give the longer run a lash and test out the marathon pace.

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Great race this morning. We'll organised on a challenging course. Hopefully it becomes an established race in the future as the timing is perfect for Autumn marathons.
      Would have struggled to do the planned 12 miles @ PMP on my own, ended up hitching a ride on the sub 3:15 pace train at the end to get in under 2 hrs for 13 miles @ PMP. Good to meet some familiar faces from these parts too.

9. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

sideswipe wrote: »
      Great race this morning. We'll organised on a challenging course. Hopefully it becomes an established race in the future as the timing is perfect for Autumn marathons.
      Would have struggled to do the planned 12 miles @ PMP on my own, ended up hitching a ride on the sub 3:15 pace train at the end to get in under 2 hrs for 13 miles @ PMP. Good to meet some familiar faces from these parts too.

Tidy finish well done

10. Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Great day for it. A good value race. Decent turn-out by the looks of it. The 2nd half had a few bumps in it. Managed to stay ahead of the pacer group, so I was happy with my morning.

One suggestion for improvement. If you are going to put water out, put it on a wall or something that is convenient for a runner going by. Some of the water bottles was still in its cling wrap on the grass on the opposite side of the road. Made one question yourself as to how much you wanted the water, to interupt your running flow to get it. Some of the water stops were manned which was a relief.

11. Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Results up on Athleticstiming. http://www.athleticstiming.com/results.html

Fionnuala shown in kilo results. Thought she was only running 10k. Probably decided to take a longer training run :)

12. Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Krusty win it did he?

Good one lad.

13. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Results up on Athleticstiming. http://www.athleticstiming.com/results.html

Fionnuala shown in kilo results. Thought she was only running 10k. Probably decided to take a longer training run :)

Did you get chicked :P

14. Advertisement
    15. Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Did you get chicked :P

Ha. Ran at my own pace. Would happily take being beaten by an olympian.

Advertisement