Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slovakia v England - Big Sam's England Debut

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭DenMan

"It wasn't impressive from England. No imagination, no creativity, same old." - Chris Waddle (BBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

ricero wrote: »
    Looked to me more of a man relieved he wont be getting a slating by the papers in the morning.

Never seen sam that worked up before in a league game

That's total made-up nonsense to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I thought Allardyce was the only man England could conceivably give the job too.

The problem is that he's only ever managed one club where there there was an expectation to win. Newcastle. And that was a disaster. This could easily become that.

If he's to come into his own it won't be until England are underdogs. The thing with Allardyce is I don't think England will give away the stupid goals they tend to in major tournaments.

Qualifying may be a chore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I really like Lee Dixon as a pundit. Doesn't take things too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

SlickRic wrote: »
    Qualification is all over. This was their hardest game on paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

DenMan wrote: »
    "It wasn't impressive from England. No imagination, no creativity, same old." - Chris Waddle (BBC)

Can't argue with that. Sums up the game pretty well.

Nah, they are the second seeds, so that should be the toughest game, on paper. The games against Scotland will be very tough though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I thought Allardyce was the only man England could conceivably give the job too.

The problem is that he's only ever managed one club where there there was an expectation to win. Newcastle. And that was a disaster. This could easily become that.

If he's to come into his own it won't be until England are underdogs. The thing with Allardyce is I don't think England will give away the stupid goals they tend to in major tournaments.

Problem is in 'easy' groups in tournaments they will get equally dour teams who will do his schtick as well as he would. Iceland, Hungary, Portugal, Poland and a number of South American sides, even Costa Rica in the last World Cup. They'll put up a greater challenge than Slovakia and they barely got past that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anybody who says England didnt deserve to win should have a good look in the mirror and ask themselves do they know anything about the sport.

Advertisement