Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mazda b2500, engine from Ford Ranger?

• 04-09-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all just wondering can anyone tell me would a 2002 ford ranger engine fit in a mazda b2500 of the same year both are 2.5 diesel I broke a piston in the mazda and am having trouble getting a replacement at reasonable money but there seems to be more ford ranger ones around any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Hi all just wondering can anyone tell me would a 2002 ford ranger engine fit in a mazda b2500 of the same year both are 2.5 diesel I broke a piston in the mazda and am having trouble getting a replacement at reasonable money but there seems to be more ford ranger ones around any help much appreciated

Cannot see why not...there should be an engine code/number usuall stamped into the block so you could compare....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are different bhp options in the ranger, but I'd imagine the engine itself would probably be the same either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shootingmad

Thanks lads il try have a look at a ranger engine the an check

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

I have an 02 mazda engine available complete E600 co. clare.

pmg007 wrote:

How many miles is on it

• Advertisement

pmg007 wrote:

How many miles is on it do ya no

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

.210k. one owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

The engine is a 2.5 diesel 2499cc which was also used in the old mazda mpv around 1995/96,and i think the mazda bongo.

bigroad wrote:
    The engine is a 2.5 diesel 2499cc which was also used in the old mazda mpv around 1995/96,and i think the mazda bongo.

Cheers might have a look for one of the so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

As far as I know they're identical. I have a B2500 of similar vintage and all Ford bits I've used are a perfect match, from body parts to bearings etc etc... . A good port of call for parts is Milner Offroad in the UK, quality OEM parts for buttons compared to here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement