Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a credit card authorization code

Options
  • 04-09-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I have recently made an order online and the company are looking to get the "Authorization Code" for the transaction to confirm the credit card belongs to me. Logged into my online banking account and i dont see anywhere that i can find this value. They said it should be a 6 digit, alpha-numeric value that is assigned to the transaction. When i checked the transaction all i see is the date and the name of the company that the payment was sent to. Do i have to get a printed statement to get this value? They have given me 3 days to provide it before the order is cancelled. Can i ring up and get it quicker if it needs to be a printed statement?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi dano1066,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

The authorisation code for a transaction does not appear on your account statement, however, a representative can retrieve this info for you. If you're registered for Banking 365 Online, you can submit your query via 'Online Service Desk' and 'Ask a Question' and a representative will be happy to help. 

Alternatively, you can request this information by calling Card Services on 1890 251 251. Reps are available 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm Saturday and 10am - 5pm Sunday/Bank Holidays. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dano1066

Thank you, i was able to obtain the data. On a side note, the phone number was incorrect. They redirected me and said i should have called [font=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]0818 200 365[/font]

Advertisement