Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pushpush

mbarr wrote: »
    Name|Bib No:|PB|Target|Finish Time
    tang1|1644|3:24:44|A PB|
    mbarr|3326|3:34:20|3:29:xx|
    The Davestator||3.48|3.39|
    magooly||3.50|3.45|
    chris85||None|4.10|
    JPlinders|TBA|4.06|3.59.59|

It's a great Marathon
    As long as it's not to warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Should be nicely drunk this time next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

tang1 wrote: »
    Should be nicely drunk this time next week!!!
    And by now probably asleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

table]Name|Bib No:|PB|Target|Finish Time
    magooly||3.50|3.45|
    chris85||None|4.10|
    JPlinders|TBA|4.06|3.59.59|[/table][/QUOTE]
    kiloecho15|8985|3.57|3.45.00

magooly||3.50|3.45|
    chris85||None|4.10|
    Kiloecho15|8589|3.57|3.45.00|
    JPlinders|TBA|4.06|3.59.59|Sorry for making a balls of the table, fixed now. Temperature for Sunday 11 in morning to 18 in afternoon. Good luck to everyone running. Where is everyone going for a few scoops after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Looks like the breakfast run on Sat am is miles away so will probably give it a miss.

If anyone wants to do it and didn't register, let me know via PM.

Pity, as I was looking forward to running into the Olympic Stadium. (Unless they lower the qualification times for Tokyo, it would have been my last chance to run into an Olympic stadium. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

good luck to you all. Have a great run.

Looks like the breakfast run on Sat am is miles away so will probably give it a miss.

If anyone wants to do it and didn't register, let me know via PM.

Pity, as I was looking forward to running into the Olympic Stadium. (Unless they lower the qualification times for Tokyo, it would have been my last chance to run into an Olympic stadium. ;)

The start of the Breakfast run is beside the finish line of the marathon. And the finish of it aint too far away. It kind of goes around some roads so the finish in the stadium is like 750m walk back to the start line at the fountain. Doesnt seem that bad. I am registered for it and will probably run is slow with the wife who is over to support me on the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

yeah, the Olympic stadium is very close to the marathon finish line

(very close horizontally, but there's plenty of vertical distance too! :pac: )

RayCun wrote: »
    yeah, the Olympic stadium is very close to the marathon finish line

(very close horizontally, but there's plenty of vertical distance too! :pac: )
    Yeah uphill on way to the stadium but downhill on way back... I like downhill!!!!

• Advertisement

Great - I checked google maps and it was bringing me to a place an hours walk outside barca?

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Great - I checked google maps and it was bringing me to a place an hours walk outside barca?

Thanks very much

Olympic Stadium

You see the roundabout above and to the left a bit? The finish line is on the road from that roundabout towards the stadium.

RayCun wrote: »
    Olympic Stadium

You see the roundabout above and to the left a bit? The finish line is on the road from that roundabout towards the stadium.

Brilliant. Thanks for that. Reckon I'll do it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

For any of you running the marathon and doing the breakfast run, up Montjuic to the stadium is pretty bloody steep. Short but steep. Might not be advisable with the marathon the following day

For any of you running the marathon and doing the breakfast run, up Montjuic to the stadium is pretty bloody steep. Short but steep. Might not be advisable with the marathon the following day
    Yeah plan to run it slow or walk parts of it id say. Cant turn down a free breakfast :)

Weather should not be warmer than normal. Perhaps some light rain on Sunday evening. Hopefully this doesn't come a bit earlier.

chris85 wrote: »
    Yeah plan to run it slow or walk parts of it id say. Cant turn down a free breakfast :)

Weather should not be warmer than normal. Perhaps some light rain on Sunday evening. Hopefully this doesn't come a bit earlier.

Bit of rain during the marathon would be lovely!

Reckon me and my friend will be in Shenanigans afterwards if anyone is around.

You can buy a coffee and a croissant almost anywhere in the city for €1.50!

Up Montjuic is gorgeous though and you get an absolutely fabulous panoramic view of the city. Enjoy everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

kiloecho15 wrote: »
    magooly||3.50|3.45|
    chris85||None|4.10|
    RegisteredMise||None|3.59.58|

Best of luck to everyone travelling over for this run.
    Fingers crossed it goes well!!
    Regardless, after the race I'll be enjoying a few Imperial Ice Cream Sweet Stouts in this place: http://www.abirradero.com/
    Mr.Tang mentioned it earlier in the thread and as it happens its close enough to our hotel.

You can buy a coffee and a croissant almost anywhere in the city for €1.50!

Up Montjuic is gorgeous though and you get an absolutely fabulous panoramic view of the city. Enjoy everyone!
    Yeah in fairness its more about running in the Olympic stadium. Breakfast is a bonus. Coffee and croissant for €1.50??? Really?

group from east of Ireland marathons heading to George Payne afterwards meeting at 8pm. Rain during the marathon would welcome.

• Advertisement

Yeah in fairness its more about running in the Olympic stadium. Breakfast is a bonus. Coffee and croissant for €1.50??? Really?

Pretty much every little bar (the nondescript, typical bars rather then the more gentrified kind) you come across will have a coffee machine and a selection of little pastries. You'll find none of them on Montjuic though - if you're down at Espanya, walk down the Gran Via or Parallel a bit into town. Any number of them about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

magooly||3.50|3.45|
    chris85||None|4.10|
    RegisteredMise||None|3.59.58|

Best of luck to everyone travelling over for this run.
    Fingers crossed it goes well!!
    Regardless, after the race I'll be enjoying a few Imperial Ice Cream Sweet Stouts in this place: http://www.abirradero.com/
    Mr.Tang mentioned it earlier in the thread and as it happens its close enough to our hotel.

+1 to abirradero, my first port of call for a few beverages post marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

tang1 wrote: »
    +1 to abirradero, my first port of call for a few beverages post marathon.

I'll hopefully be about 25 mins behind you!

Breakfast run this morning was very good fun and brilliant atmosphere. Running into and around the stadium was awesome. Resting up now in the apartment for tomorrow. Hope everyone is taking it easy

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Good luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Best of luck everyone, especially JPBlinders. Smash it dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Anybody got a link to a tracker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Singer wrote: »
    Anybody got a link to a tracker?

looks like you can only do it using an app

here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

looks like you can only do it using an app

here

May bien, perfecto! Stalking the **** out of our runners tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

See you then :D

Advertisement