Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Looks like they're off! it's very warm there today so hopefully all targets are adjusted accordingly.

Tang through 5k in 22:36

Mbar through 5k in 24:56

Tang trough 10 k in 45.14

Probably talking to myself in here with the usual suspects in ballycotton!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Burning the candle at both ends, AM! Fair play to you. Thanks for the updates.
    They both look to be bang on target so far. I'm off for my MP miles now but will rejoin later.

• Advertisement

Mbar 10k 49:44

Both through 15k now

Tang 1:07
    Mbar 1:14

Hope the other boardsies are going well too, hard to know with no bib numbers

Tang through 20k in 1:30

Through half now in 1:35:23 average pace holding well around 4:32/km

mbar trough halfway in 1:45:05

tang through 25k in 1:53

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

JP thru half way in 1:44 and picking up the pace

• Advertisement

mbarr through 25k in 2:04:22, finish time has gone over 3:30 for the first time since the start but hopefully just a minor wobble

tang through 30k in 2:16:22 paced slowed a bit too now, I'd imagine it's very hot by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Was watching a good live stream on the official site, some run by "Pacer" to win, he said in his interview he knew he'd win after 2km, nice day there too.
    Lovely city, make you think Dublin would be so much better if ran during good weather.

They are also claiming to have retaken the 4th biggest marathon in Europe crown from Dublin, time for Jim to speak to the Gardai again.

JP thru 30k in 2:26, on for a big PB and neg split (the last 15k 6min quicker than first 15k)

mbar through 30k in 2:29, I would have expected to see tang through 35k by now though...

Mark through 35k in 2:54

No split for tang at 35 but still moving on the tracker and at 40k or thereabouts it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

tang is either skipping around the mats to make things dramatic for us, or something has happened. mbarr is close enough to 3:30, will need a strong finish to get under.

Singer wrote: »
    tang is either skipping around the mats to make things dramatic for us, or something has happened. mbarr is close enough to 3:30, will need a strong finish to get under.

I wouldn't mind but I warned him to make sure his chip would work to the end after last years drama!!! The distance is still going up when you click into it so hopefully he is actually still moving... saying 41.7km now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

C'mon tang you stubborn boll1x☺

martyboy48 wrote: »
    C'mon tang you stubborn boll1x☺

The app says he's finished but no split times for 35 or 40k and no finish time either but I'm also getting a message saying 'last update 8 mins ago, live tracking may be less accurate'

Looks like we'll have to wait for word from the lads themselves, again :rolleyes: I'm off to walk the dog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Cannot get tracker working. On seat edge in Neros. C'mon lads. Grateful for reports.

The app says he's finished but no split times for 35 or 40k and no finish time either but I'm also getting a message saying 'last update 8 mins ago, live tracking may be less accurate'

Looks like we'll have to wait for word from the lads themselves, again :rolleyes: I'm off to walk the dog!

Typical of tang leaving us in suspense ☺ I hope everyone had a good day out there....
    Enjoy the beers guys ☺

mbarr over 40k in 3:23:43, lost a few minutes in the last 5k.

Mark is still showing on the tracker and gone through 40k in 3:23, unfortunately tangs race is over, he's okay though.

C'mon Mark, last few k - it's very hot now.

Mark is still showing on the tracker and gone through 40k in 3:23, unfortunately tangs race is over, he's okay though.

C'mon Mark, last few k - it's very hot now.

3:36:29

mbarr finished in 3:36:29, well done Mark, looks like a tough day at the office.

Well done to JP, has ran serveral marathons and could never break 4hrs, with 4:06 his best. 3:29 today and a negative split, not sure what he was doing the last few 100mtrs though.
    Congrats on the 37min PB you sand bagger!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Congrats to all. Now, if any of you fact a real test and can play a bit of football, the Barcelona Gaels train at 16.45 on Montjuic. You'll never have known physicality like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Collapsed at 30k, medics wouldn't let me go on, probably smartest thing. Just to warm for me, I sweat at the thought of a run let alone running in the heat of Barcelona today. Sorry folks.

• Advertisement

tang1 wrote: »
    Collapsed at 30k, medics wouldn't let me go on, probably smartest thing. Just to warm for me, I sweat at the thought of a run let alone running in the heat of Barcelona today. Sorry folks.

You're ok and that's the main thing. These things happen... Keep the head up and go for a few beers, and top up the tango tan ☺ take on some water too ☺

You have absolutely nothing to say sorry for ☺

Advertisement