Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROK cordless drill

Options
  • 04-09-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi folks,

I was just looking on the Woodies website and saw that a ROK 14.4v NiCD cordless drill was on offer for €30

I was just wondering if anyone had used this drill or one similar to it, and what are your thoughts on it? I'm a hobbyist woodworker, would the NiCad battery be a major issue do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Shaunicus wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I was just looking on the Woodies website and saw that a ROK 14.4v NiCD cordless drill was on offer for €30

I was just wondering if anyone had used this drill or one similar to it, and what are your thoughts on it? I'm a hobbyist woodworker, would the NiCad battery be a major issue do you think?

Those things are rubbish, junk, I wouldn't bother with it. A lithium-ion drill from Lidl would be far superior and only cost you 20 or so quid extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

I bought one, as the batteries in my existing cordless, several years old, (not a roc) were starting to fail.
    The batteries in the new roc were worse, low capacity and a full charge would dissipate within a couple of days so unless you kept them on charge all the time they were useless.
    The Aldi and Lidl offerings, although not top quality, are great value for the money, and quite adequate for general diy.

Advertisement