Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ha, bought a winter coat which was shipped to Dublin so it will be waiting for me when I get home. Its one for wet and windy weather and I could probably use it snow boarding. Then I got a cosy jacket in Hacketts at the weekend.

I really want a pair of wooly mittens with a string ala Keven from Home Alone but in adult size.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have ordered a winter coat online- the difference in prices between Ireland and the UK is actually scandalous.
    I'm hoping it turns out to be The One but if not, my quest will just have to continue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Posy wrote: »
    I have ordered a winter coat online- the difference in prices between Ireland and the UK is actually scandalous.
    I'm hoping it turns out to be The One but if not, my quest will just have to continue!

Are you ordering using parcel motel or similar? I saw a pair of shoes in next that I want for £32 or €47 depending on which country you're ordering from :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yup, I had to use parcel motel. Free delivery to the UK or €17 to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Got some Santa bits in smiths today. So the most important person is sorted more or less now Really tempted to buy one of the expensive beauty advent calendars but think I will hang onto my money,just very tempting.

I bought an expensive Advent Calander last year and don't regret it as i have been using the products all year and have loads left. If you are buying one research what is in it. My mother was gojng to buy the Clarins one this year but much of the contents woulf not suit her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Attention Elves:

I bought my first Christmas thing today! (I just typed thong instead of thing. Rest assured that I will not be updating you on any [unlikely] thong purchases!)

There's up to 25% off Fisher Price things in Smyths so I bought my nephew's present.

100557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I got my Christmas day dress, it's a present from my girls so I didn't technically buy it! I also got them some adorable christmas swing dresses, cannot wait to try those on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I bought the 2016 Lego advent calendar last weekend :)

My six year old will love it. She saw it a few weeks ago in the shops and spent ages just looking at the box. She never asked for it though because she knows that mum and dad don't buy things just because she wants them. Can't wait to see her face when Advent rolls around :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Cookoo clock Newbridge decoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I bought the Lego Christmas train which was just released.

https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Winter-Holiday-Train-10254

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought some cellophane that's 3 rolls now hopefully it's enough to get me through the season

Was in Dunnes today bought two tins of sweets I need one as a thank you for someone I will keep the other for the tree decorating in November,

I was tempted by Dunnes Christmas slices 2.99 I don't like Christmas cake and either does himself but these seem like Christmas pudding to me with marzipan on them, I've bought them every year very tasty but I held off buying them today, I won't hold off buying for too long though because they did run out of stock before one December

Seen Mince pies too, they also had Christmas cushions and candles in stock too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up an Oxford Lunch cake today.
    I'm not keen on Christmas cake; I find it too heavy but I ADORE Oxford Lunch and I notice some supermarkets only have huge ones in stock at Christmas time, so I picked up a medium-sized one today.
    Love it with a cuppa.

Gonna start doing my online shopping next week, I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Arthur.beaker

Villeroy and Boch Christmas tree candle and a Paperblanks 2017 diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

SarahLil wrote: »
    Bought some cellophane that's 3 rolls now hopefully it's enough to get me through the season

Was in Dunnes today bought two tins of sweets I need one as a thank you for someone I will keep the other for the tree decorating in November,

I was tempted by Dunnes Christmas slices 2.99 I don't like Christmas cake and either does himself but these seem like Christmas pudding to me with marzipan on them, I've bought them every year very tasty but I held off buying them today, I won't hold off buying for too long though because they did run out of stock before one December

Seen Mince pies too, they also had Christmas cushions and candles in stock too

Can i ask where you bought the cellophane? I'm on the lookout for some myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I bought some in Tiger

I picked it up in my local book shop the book station it's called, I find the nearer it gets to Christmas it's almost sold out everywhere, try the bookstation online they may have it, it's a great little local shop of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Great I'll take a look, thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I got a tin of Cadbury's Biscuits and a tin of Victoria biscuits in Tescos for 5 euro each! Long dates on them too - up to June 2017! Thanks to the deal in Dunnes a few weeks ago on sweets, that's all the sweet stuff bought for our house! Need to get cracking on getting the ingredients for my puddings though. Think I'll treat myself to new pudding bowls this year! :P

Tesco also seem to have deals on toys - I got two doctors sets for my nieces for 6.99 each. Woot! Must mark them off my list now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I have been buying lots and lots of tubs of sweets and biscuits... If we get locked in wit a snow storm (please snow storm :pac: ) we won't starve anyway hahah

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I have been buying lots and lots of tubs of sweets and biscuits... If we get locked in wit a snow storm (please snow storm :pac: ) we won't starve anyway hahah

I'm the same! LOL! I have them all hidden away. Will need to buy some coke (baby on board so no vino for me this Christmas) and some pringles for himself - he's not a chocolate fan.

• Advertisement

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I'm the same! LOL! I have them all hidden away. Will need to buy some coke (baby on board so no vino for me this Christmas) and some pringles for himself - he's not a chocolate fan.

Think coke was on offer 5 bottles for 5 euro in tesco ! I picked up a few :pac:

Think coke was on offer 5 bottles for 5 euro in tesco ! I picked up a few :pac:

Unfortunately, I'm both equal parts coke snob and addict! :o It tastes much nicer out of the can and with a can, I can limit my consumption. A 2L bottle is just too much temptation for me! :o:p:p

Unfortunately, I'm both equal parts coke snob and addict! :o It tastes much nicer out of the can and with a can, I can limit my consumption. A 2L bottle is just too much temptation for me! :o:p:p

Oh u have found your soul sista hahah I was a total coke addict :p but haven't had a can in about 3 months trying to eat cleaner.

I can totally relate to your snobbiness :D about 2 years ago I used to buy tins because that is what I prefer and it cost me a fortune. Tins weren't finished people got them mixed up so I said nope ! Buying bottles for visitors cousins kids etc and tins for myself and mr glitz ! Everybody is happy :) plus I hate the taste of a glass of coke after an opened bottle has been in the fridge it's just not the same !

You've a valid point! I might buy a bottle or two for visitors. No point in wasting precious coke on them :P

You've a valid point! I might buy a bottle or two for visitors. No point in wasting precious coke on them :P

I know it sounds awful bit I swear that year I cracked if one more child came to me with an almost full Tin they didn't want in case some other child drank from :pac: plastic cups and 2L bottles all the way now problem solved !

I know it sounds awful bit I swear that year I cracked if one more child came to me with an almost full Tin they didn't want in case some other child drank from :pac: plastic cups and 2L bottles all the way now problem solved !

It's a pet hate too of mine I hate cans going to waste, I always have a few cans of coke hidden in the event of a hangover it's the only thing that will sort me out and it has to be a can of coke

I'm so tempted to stock up on sweets but only have one to spare so far I really need to clean my kitchen presses and my mams too for her then I can begin picking up foodstuff and goodies

I'm on the can band wagoon for coke, although it needs to be in a pint glass with ice. Best hang over cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Of topic but 6 cans in lidl fir 1.74 this Saturday

Bought a decoration in deals today for my daughter with her name on it :)

Bought a German Shepherd tree dec as its our first Christmas with the GSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up some cute shelf decorations in Penneys today, as well as stocking fillers and some great LED lights for the kids room. Was showin my eldest and of course she was not listening to me and broke one, the pain is real!

Advertisement