Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

No shopping today plenty of browsing though check Dunnes Stores out online http://www.dunnesstores.com/christmas-view-all/christmas/fcp-category/list#productsPerPage=49&page=0

Picked up Boots Christmas gift guide I love browsing that, I Seen on Facebook too that Penneys will be getting some hand towels in that are grey with penguins on them they will so go with my bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

SarahLil wrote: »
    No shopping today plenty of browsing though check Dunnes Stores out online http://www.dunnesstores.com/christmas-view-all/christmas/fcp-category/list#productsPerPage=49&page=0

I love this cushion from Dunnes! Definitely picking a couple up! (Unless Penneys has cheaper ones!)

7708584_red.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Kavanaghs post some Christmas stuff on Facebook today, they had nice cushions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Over the weekend. In Christy's in Killarney bought a few bags of Cinnamon Spice. I just love that spicy aroma around the house.

p_3_2_2_322-thickbox_default-Country-Petals-&-Pods-Christmas-Spice-Cottage-400x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

In Heatons today , a Christmas spice room fragrance sachet and an owl decoration for my tree, I have a bit of an obsession with owls .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I finally got my remote control sockets ! No more scratches from my tree this year trying to turn on the lights !
    I was also in debenhams and they had lovely food gift ideas. It shamed me into trying to be more creative. I have my shopping done so im going to use the time to make up some hampers again ! Now just to pick up the supplies :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I finally got my remote control sockets ! No more scratches from my tree this year trying to turn on the lights ! :)

Best purchase you'll make this year. I was delighted with mine especially as last year our new tree was so big there was no room to crawl underneath it or behind it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love this cushion from Dunnes! Definitely picking a couple up! (Unless Penneys has cheaper ones!)

Dunnes has this kind of stuff already?!!.....:o

OMG, I checked their website....they really do!!!

7708580_red.jpg

I'm going to town on Saturday and I'm soooo buying some Christmassy stuff!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Raided lidl for some candles this morning, got some gorgeous ones. Also got all my santa wrapping paper, they have the same as last year so I can use the leftover one as well. Picked up some santa chocs for their Christmas eve boxes

Loughc wrote: »
    Best purchase you'll make this year. I was delighted with mine especially as last year our new tree was so big there was no room to crawl underneath it or behind it :D

Can't wait to use them now Loughc! Thanks for the info on them !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up the wireless sockets today my local Lidl had plenty
    Picked up 2 candles in Heatons on behalf of my mam as gifts she doesn't get out much so I have always done her shopping for her with my late aunt, il cellophane them with nice ribbons and pick up some gift bags too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Where is the best place to get duvet covers in town? I am home for a few days so don't want be running around. cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

I bought lights. And a lot of them!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get duvet covers in town? I am home for a few days so don't want be running around. cheers

Penny's, Dunnes and Michael Guineys are your best bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Got a set of Julia Donaldson books for our little girl & a set of "the worst witch" books for both of our 7 year old nieces! Good deals on the bookpeople but rage, the website won't give me free delivery even though I'm shipping to Newry. Guy from Customer Service rang me and told me to send him a mail & he'll refund me. He was very nice! Another two off the list now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I picked up a Christmas Tree (articifical obviously) today (our first as a married couple), fir smelling sticks for it (to give some sense of realness :pac:), an angel for the top of the tree, a christmas welcome mat (for the front door) and these christmassy bedclothes - ah Christmas shopping, how i've missed thee

51-8A70ytsL.jpg

Uriel. wrote: »
    I picked up a Christmas Tree (articifical obviously) today (our first as a married couple), fir smelling sticks for it (to give some sense of realness :pac:), an angel for the top of the tree, a christmas welcome mat (for the front door) and these christmassy bedclothes - ah Christmas shopping, how i've missed thee

51-8A70ytsL.jpg

^^^^^
    WHERE did you get that??!!!

leahyl wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    WHERE did you get that??!!!

Amazon

Price seems to have gone up by €8 since I ordered it last week.
    Arrived today, and I like the look of it though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Amazon

Price seems to have gone up by €8 since I ordered it last week.
    Arrived today, and I like the look of it though :)

Love, love, love the colour! And am totally disgusted that they don't do it in Super King size! It's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Uriel. wrote:
    I picked up a Christmas Tree (articifical obviously) today (our first as a married couple), fir smelling sticks for it (to give some sense of realness ), an angel for the top of the tree, a christmas welcome mat (for the front door) and these christmassy bedclothes - ah Christmas shopping, how i've missed thee

That is absolutely stunning. Wow!

• Advertisement

51-8A70ytsL.jpg

That duvet set is so cute !! And perfect foe adults too ! I need it like yesterday !

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That duvet set is so cute !! And perfect foe adults too ! I need it like yesterday !

Yep, I need this in my life too.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Love, love, love the colour! And am totally disgusted that they don't do it in Super King size! It's beautiful!

If helps I'm totally envious of the fact that you have super king sized bed :)

Amazon have other Christmas themed bed clothes too... With santa and winter scenes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Was in dunnes today and they were putting out Christmas decorations. I couldn't resist so I bought three fantabulously (yes its a word), sparkly, glittery decorations for the tree. A reindeer, a lovely little house with snow covered roof that lights up the windows and a ballerina oooh soo nice I want to put them up now!!!

I bought the elf pjs as a treat from me to me !!! :D and also a large tin of quality street for Mr glitz

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm going to Penneys on the way home from work. Hopefully they'll have the pjs!

These pjs may as well be the official Christmas Forum uniform! :D

Kajemo wrote: »
    Was in dunnes today and they were putting out Christmas decorations. I couldn't resist so I bought three fantabulously (yes its a word), sparkly, glittery decorations for the tree. A reindeer, a lovely little house with snow covered roof that lights up the windows and a ballerina oooh soo nice I want to put them up now!!!

Definitely going there tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

leahyl wrote: »
    Definitely going there tomorrow!

awh do the stuff was gorgeous.. so Christmassy... I had to be dragged out by the hubby or I would have bought tonnes more!!! :-)

Advertisement