Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2016: What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2rdggle.jpg

I got these in the weekly shop yesterday. Proudly displaying them already. Operation sneak Christmas in is a go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Operation sneak Christmas in is a go!!

Love it. :D

I bought a couple of prints from here today. It's an Irish-based company.

https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/CoraBeeCreations?ref=l2-shopheader-name#items

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I came home from a LONG day out and after dinner and a bit of cleaning, I took a glass of wine into the bedroom, whipped out my laptop and bought loads of DVDs, a fishing gadget and books for my other half, DVDs for my parents and some slippers for my sister, all from Amazon.

I'm not finished shopping yet; I still have to hit the actual shops, BUT it felt so good to get so much done in one sitting.
    I felt like a weight had gone from my shoulders getting them all in one fell swoop.

I spent roughly €100 whereas if I'd have bought the same things on the high-street, we'd be talking €250-€300.
    Bloody LOVE Amazon!

Now I can't wait to pick up some nice wrapping paper and make a night of getting all my presents looking pretty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I ordered my Christmas cake yesterday can't post a photo cos im on my phone but its so cool, red velvet cake in the shape of a Christmas bauble! (Like actual football shape!) Can't wait to pick it up December 23rd :-) :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I bought my first gift a Newbridge teapot and it was on sale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Alicat wrote: »
    It was smashed in the shop when they brought them out to me (I ordered online and picked up from the store) so she had to refund me :( They sold out that day so there were no replacements.

Did you get your PJs in Penneys? So many there!

Awh that's a pity you might get a deal
    Around Black Friday on Yankee
    Yeah really cute pjs in Penneys, I love Penneys was there today they had some late late toy show stock out, picked up a dress for myself in Penneys it's Christmas party looking ive a Christmas night the end of November

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thrilled to get these today

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I ordered my Christmas cake yesterday can't post a photo cos im on my phone but its so cool, red velvet cake in the shape of a Christmas bauble! (Like actual football shape!) Can't wait to pick it up December 23rd :-) :-D

oh sounds so nice even without seeing a picture. Where did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Crazychick - I ordered it from Kake Kreationz on Facebook! She's based in Sligo! (Trying to attach a photo but not sure how successful I will be :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Christmas shopping all done. :) ok I was done a while ago but the danger of having the shopping finished early is that I always see small things I want to pick up as stocking fillers. But I'm absaloutly totally done ! I promise :pac:

But I did buy the roll of cellophane to start making up my hampers ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Picked up someone's favourite today "Black Magic Chocolates" large box its part of their present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Got a 3ft tree in Tesco today, complete with lights, for 7quid. Box is very thin so I'm not expecting much but it'll do the hall. If it's really terrible, I'll stick it in our bedroom :P

I've also realised that I have a cookbook that I've never even looked at which can be re-gifted to the sister in law - happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

I got two really cool tshirts for my girlfriend on sports direct online :) First time having a proper look on the sight, there is a serious load of rubbish on it, but some great deals too. Both those t-shirts were franchise related and I've priced them before arounf the 30quid mark, got them both for 10 in the sale today :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I picked up this fab throw in dunnes today. It's reversible. And I got a Santa Claus lounge set in Tesco. Delighted with myself. Haha.

169p1g4.jpg

2a4u8vt.jpg

34qlohi.jpg

ightlu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

So my tree topping angel arrived today.
    I'm delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Premier do some nice decorations!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,917 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ordered the fabric to make a Christmas present for my parents today. Going to be super busy in the run up to Christmas this year, I'm discovering that this year's presents seem particularly labour intensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bought my lovely wife the Boots No. 7 advent calendar, seemed pretty decent value at €54, and not all trial size things like that other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I bought like half of the Dealz on my shopping spree yesterday.

Honestly, they had everything that I saw online a while back and wanted!
    I got those cute Christmassy pillows that were advertised and for only 1.50!
    I got some cute 'Ho Ho Ho' glasses, a gorgeous 'Welcome Winter' sign that'll fit nicely above the fireplace, candy canes for my hot chocolate (yum!) and lots more little bits and pieces that I'm just too excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Chocolate Mikado's,Roses,Quality Street and a bottle of punch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Can't wait for Sostrene Grene to open in Cork next week - their Christmas catalogue looks like they have some lovely and reasonable bits & pieces! Danger danger!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bought some nice things today on home store and more, will try to post pics on Monday

Saw some great stuff in home store too. Trying to hold off to see what they will do on offer for next month. Think last year, it was half price Christmas tree lights. Did see they were doing some of the large Yankee candles - two for €35. Only on certain ones though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got some Christmas lights today in Homestore and More. :)

oGcafee.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Posy wrote: »
    Got some Christmas lights today in Homestore and More. :)

Jealous! That's a lot of lights

Jealous! That's a lot of lights
    wpid-screenshot_2014-12-13-09-10-58-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Did quite a bit of shopping:
    Mulled wine spic bags x3
    Personalised Nutella Jars x 2
    Silly light up Christmas tree glasses x 3 all from the BT's Christmas Shop

I got a great fury stocking x 2
    A nativity set (Those two from stock as recommended by another poster)

Two personalised Moleskin diaries. A cool reindeer hoodie from Tesco for the Mrs.
    BB8 remote control toy and light saber as a pressie. That's all I can remember at the moment.

Quick few days home, so much more to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I've started prepping the boys christmas eve boxes from jingles the elf. I told mr glitz in my effort to enjoy all things christmas this year I was not going to make my own that this year he shud make it up for me and stop escaping his christmas contributions :pac:

Got lovely Christmas pjs for boys in dunnes and some sweets in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just had quick spin around the mall here and the Christmas shop isnt even open yet!!! They do have some nice cushions in Pottery barn, I took a few snaps which I will throw up in a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have loads of stuff that arrived from M&S the other day - scented candles (frankincense and myrrh & clove and cinnamon), christmas mugs - one with a Robin on it (going to be mine!), one for dad with "Daddy Bear" on it and a picture of a bear! Got a small teapot with a tea cosy in shape of a Christmas pudding! Also got a christmas countdown thing that you hang up and 2 christmas decorations - one of a nutcracker soldier and a santa claus. I went a bit mad it must be said....

When I was in London I picked up 2 decorations - one of a westie in a Christmas stocking from Harrods and a bauble from John Lewis with the Nativity Scene on it!

Looking forward to using all this stuff!!

Wish I could put up pics but I don't know how to embed them - think I'd have to have pics on my laptop :-(

Advertisement