Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English to Russian Translator

• 04-09-2016 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I am looking for an English to Russian translator in the Limerick city area. I am looking to get a conversation translated.

David W

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

DWRAFTER wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for an English to Russian translator in the Limerick city area. I am looking to get a conversation translated.

David W

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'Google Translate' do this, for free?

Not sure how well....

Result for my reply above:-

Простите меня, если я ошибаюсь , но не " Google Translate " сделать это , бесплатно?

Не уверен, насколько хорошо

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DWRAFTER

Google translate won't do the job I need done! Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

ring the russian embassy in Dublin - they might have a list of residents in the area who work as translaters.

http://embassydublin.com/russian/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hooked wrote: »
    Excuse me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'Google Translate' do this, for free?

Google Translate works for words, but fails miserably with sentences. It cannot recognise idiomatic or symbolic phrases, rarely adjusts for differences in syntax from one language to another, and with languages (such as Irish) with initial/end mutations in different cases (Dative Case, Genitive Case) it almost always misses out. As an experiment sometime, try copying a paragraph of song lyrics from English, pasting it into any other language in Google Translate, and then translating the result back into English again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Contact one of the english language schools and see if any of their Russian students would be interested in doing some translation work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is it paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DWRAFTER

I will pay cash for the translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Andronlt

Does it has to be a professional translator? I can do it, I fluently speak and write both, but I do not work as professional translator

Advertisement