Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan of a Tandem and a Turbo Trainer?

Options
  • 04-09-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭

My son and I are planning a fund raising 300km 'virtual' cycle 'across Lesotho'. The virtual cycle will take place on the seafront at Clontarf using stationary bicycles on 24-25th September. We are looking to borrow a couple of turbo trainers (and trainer tyres) and a tandem. The plan is to cycle this route mapmyride over two days using a tandem and another bike mounted on turbo trainers. We'll be collecting along the seafront on the day.

So, has anybody got a turbo trainer or a tandem they would be willing to lend for the weekend for a good cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Good morning Mr Daly. I have an Elite Volare mag turbo trainer you can borrow - nothing fancy but it does the job! I don't have a training tyre but I do have a worn Conti Ultra Sport (25) which you are welcome to borrow too.

Can't help you with a tandem I'm afraid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Cool, Thanks RT. Will be in touch by PM...

BTW, forgot to say. I'm based in Dublin Northside and the cycle will be on the seafront in Clontarf, Dublin 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm in Drogheda.
    I have a Tacx Turbo trainer, that you are welcome to borrow. It's a fairly basic one, but in excellent condition.
    I don't have a trainer tyre, but I have the wheel and tyre, that I use, which you can also borrow.
    No tandem, I'm afraid.
    If you don't get, what you need closer to home, give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Might be worth giving the bike rental place in Phoenix Park a shout for the tandem if you don't get any joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

there is one sitting in my shed Conor, your welcome to a loan of it. Ps, it has proper tires on it, regards P

Woo! Nice one Paul. Thanks very much...

Thanks Eamonnator. I may I have a second turbo now closer to home so I don't think I'll need yours. I'll confirm shortly...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Basic turbo available in south Dublin. Happy to deliver. Spare old tyres also

Thanks all. I appear to be sorted...

• Advertisement
Advertisement