Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's The Latest On Airport Security?

• 04-09-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭

Going on a holiday this week, flying out from Dublin. Just wondering what the story is with e-cigs in Dublin Airport (and airports in general)? I'm planning on leaving a spare bottle of juice in my checked luggage so it doesn't get chucked at security then carrying the batteries and a couple of spare vials in my pocket as I normally would. There'll be no problems, right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I flew to Italy last week and put my evic, with battery and 2 bottles of juice in my carry on [camera bag] - also had my Tesla nano, charger, spare batts for the evic and other bottles of juice in checked luggage. Got them all there and back with no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Put your juice and what ever mod/ tank you are using in the tray and you'll have no trouble at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

batteries should be taken in your cabin luggage -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

A Pico, 2 tanks, spare coils, 4x18650 batteries, 3 bottles of liquid (in the liquids bag), and an AIO - through Cork in hand luggage, no problem.

dball wrote: »
    batteries should be taken in your cabin luggage -

apparently not, as I said, I got batts through in my carry on, neither side seemed fussed about them. They were in plastic cases though. No worse than batteries for your phone, camera, mp3 etc ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I've traveled to UK, Italy, Czech Republic, Germany with vapomatic liquinators.

Only problem I had was on the Dublin - Germany route. Both airport security checkpoints wanted to inspect my device. To be fair it didn't really look like your average e-cig. It was a Wismec Presa and it was my first time flying with it. Has a strange shape (maybe looked like a knife handle?) and caused my carry on to be taken aside in both airports. They just wanted to know what the hell it was.

Unless you carry weird looking devices (like that ridiculous Vaporesso thing!) you shouldn't have a problem.

Liquids will leak out at 30,000ft. So if you can, store your devices and bottles upright (or upside down depending on which way your device is filled), perhaps in a shirt pocket.

DO NOT carry loose 18650 batteries. Buy one of those plastic cases to put them in. They cost like a euro from China. Bring your devices on carry-on luggage too, just for safety. Lot of Chinese made vapes exploding and auto-firing these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

apparently not, as I said, I got batts through in my carry on, neither side seemed fussed about them. They were in plastic cases though. No worse than batteries for your phone, camera, mp3 etc ...

that is what i meant by cabin luggage, the bag you carry into the cabin.

dball wrote: »
    that is what i meant by cabin luggage, the bag you carry into the cabin.

Ah yes, brain fart by me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

All good lads, cheers! Brought them with me in my pocket, put them in the trays in their case at Dublin and Heathrow, with the juice in the plastic bag, no questions asked. Thanks again.

Advertisement