Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last poster:

• 05-09-2016 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Is there a way that the site could be tweaked so that the "Last poster:" flag on forum listings excludes anyone on an ignore list ?

I reckon it would support self-control and one could be blissfully unaware of the troublemakers' existence, making life a lot easier on members and mods.

I know it's about self-control too, but having taken the decision to put someone on the list to avoid aggro and baiting, it'd be nice if the site acknowledged that someone was trying by offering this added support.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think it's a little unfair to describe someone on an ignore list as a troublemaker. People put other posters on ignore for various reasons, although I'd imagine that it would be mainly for a difference of opinion. But just because poster A doesn't like poster B it doesn't mean that poster B is automatically a troublemaker.

That said, I've no idea if this may be possible or not, but I'd imagine it would be quite low on the developers' list of priorities right now even it it were. But I'll move this thread to Site Development where you might get a more useful answer from someone there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

Zaph wrote: »
    I think it's a little unfair to describe someone on an ignore list as a troublemaker. People put other posters on ignore for various reasons, although I'd imagine that it would be mainly for a difference of opinion. But just because poster A doesn't like poster B it doesn't mean that poster B is automatically a troublemaker.

That said, I've no idea if this may be possible or not, but I'd imagine it would be quite low on the developers' list of priorities right now even it it were. But I'll move this thread to Site Development where you might get a more useful answer from someone there.

You're right - I wouldn't have automatically labelled "anyone" on the list as a troublemaker; but I had the person who prompted the question and the addition to said list in mind while typing. Nothing to do with difference of opinion in this specific case (and putting someone on ignore because of that kinda defeats the purpose of a discussion board and is stupid IMHO)

So hence the query.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement