Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi via Nirone 7 or forme longcliff 2.0

Options
  • 05-09-2016 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Really open question but can't decide
    I got into sprint triathlons this year and plan a lot more next year and take on olympic distances...

Bianchi Nirone 7 with Sora 9
    Looks great..

Forme longcliff 2.0 with full tiagra 10 group
    Doesn't look as nice..

Similar price.. forme a little cheaper

Should I pick looks over gears.. I probably wouldn't notice the gears as either will be a serious upgrade from my ventura.. But i like to think I'm getting good value!

If I go with bianchi am I just paying for the name..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The best value for money is the 10sp Tiagra.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Would you not buy a Tri bike and not a road bike, it will be far faster on the bike leg than a road bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Why those two bikes? There are countless other that you could also consider.

I dont know much about Forme bikesbut always considered it a budget brand and for that reason I don't think I'd even bother having it on an options list.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 grantk2

That's what my local shop has.. I'm using the btw scheme and trying to stick to the limit as I haven't got that much spare at the moment.. and anything is better than what I have.. tried bikes are a bit more yeah..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

grantk2 wrote: »
    That's what my local shop has.. I'm using the btw scheme and trying to stick to the limit as I haven't got that much spare at the moment.. and anything is better than what I have.. tried bikes are a bit more yeah..

Could you not go to a different shop somewhere else? The BTW scheme does not limit you to just one shop...I just think you are limiting yourself by considering bikes from just one outlet. If you are new to cycling and take to it as many do, you WILL regret not looking at other better spec'd bikes before making your decision. 2017 bikes are arriving in stock in many shops and they will be selling of 2016 bikes at reduced prices to make way for new stock.

If you are set on buying from that shop (for whatever reason) do at least go to another shop, see what your €1000 will buy you and go back to your local place and see if you can get a better spec bike for your money on the basis that you'll go elsewhere if they cant offer you a better deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

The BTW scheme does not limit you to just one shop...
    the OP's employer may do, however.

Advertisement