Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options
  • 05-09-2016 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

ep_2017_web_poster_1000px_3013_01.jpg

The dust has settled on a wet and wild weekend ,and before the last people left the tickets for 2017 went on sale ..

who worked /what venue shouldn't be there

fill the thread of the picnic storys..

Remember the rule of picnic

What happens at picnic ,goes on boards :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The dust hasn't settled. They go on sale next Friday. And I think people will put their stories from 2016 in the 2016 thread.

I am grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Skyfarm

Sadie,don't be grumpy ,its only 364 days to go !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Buying my ticket friday. Raging I missed this year

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

There was no dust, just muck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Never been but would like to next year.
    Approx how much are adult, 3 day camping tickets please.
    Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Planet X wrote: »
    Never been but would like to next year.
    Approx how much are adult, 3 day camping tickets please.
    Many thanks.

We won't know until they go on sale I think, i'd expect a price increase this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

We won't know until they go on sale I think, i'd expect a price increase this year.
    Melvin Benn said an extra fiver
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/festivals/sick-of-looking-at-your-mates-electric-picnic-photos-tickets-for-next-years-festival-go-on-sale-friday-35020345.html

Snarky Snark Snark

would love to know the ticket breakdown, as in % allocated to discount early bird, % full price and how many sunday only tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

What's the weather forecast...

Snarky Snark Snark

there will be weather.

• Advertisement

rte .ie/entertainment/2016/0904/814160-ep2/

this friday the fun begins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

March 2nd we got Lana Del Rey, The Chemical Brothers and New Order.
    June 2nd we got Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The 1975, Nas, The Shins.
    August 19th we got Skepta, James Bay, Bell X1.

So we've 177 days, give or take, until the next announcement haha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Skyfarm wrote: »
    rte .ie/entertainment/2016/0904/814160-ep2/

this friday the fun begins

Why do they advertise as next Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Completely shattered today .Some weekend . Does anybody know if it's confirmed for Sept 1-4 ? Know it probably will be , but hoping it's the week before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Do they send out the codes or do you have to apply?

Snarky Snark Snark

You get an email with the code from ticket bastard

Considering getting Pink Moon this year, anyone done it before? or any of the luxury camping, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Couldnt go back to ordinary camping. No lugging of tents and having to put them up (esp in the rain). So close to main arena. Toilets were better this year than last I thought.

what sort of price are you talking for the pink moon?

D.Q wrote: »
    what sort of price are you talking for the pink moon?

they now know its set in concrete and have increased numbers to a steady 55,000.. this year (2017) they will increase across the board,get in early early early is my guess

• Advertisement

Agree with Skyfarm. This year we paid €105 pp inc self inflatable mats. You can get everything off them down to the head torch if you want.

Snarky Snark Snark

On pink moon, Think I paid 170 for a two man this year but I booked the day the ep tickets went on sale, and got them at the previous years price. As said, you can get everything off them, but the prices they charge for things like inflatable mats are extortionate, you can buy them for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

On pink moon, my 3 man tent only weighs a few kg. It's all the drink and water thats a killer and you'll still have to carry that. I understand people might lke the extra security, showers and a more relaxed atmosphere but really who needs to shower at a 3 day festival unless you go rolling around the muck. Oscar Wilde was fine this year imo, very civilised, plenty of security and rarely any queues to get into the main arena. I'm weighing up the pros and cons and it doesn't seem worth the money to me but maybe I'm missing something?

Snarky Snark Snark

MadYaker wrote: »
    On pink moon, my 3 man tent only weighs a few kg. It's all the drink and water thats a killer and you'll still have to carry that. I understand people might lke the extra security, showers and a more relaxed atmosphere

Yeah, it's pretty much that for me and the convenience of just arriving at any time and getting started.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Ok, I did pink moon this year and I have to say a lot is made of it that it isnt.
    Yes, its got clean toilets and showers ( there was a huge queue yesterday ) - but its still camping, its still sleeping on inflatable bed 2 inches off the grass, and there will still be muck in yer tent. although in fairness I did feel my stuff was safe.

If you have the cash and want a little extra comfort pay the money - if not spend the cash elsewhere.

looking forward to next year already though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Ok, I did pink moon this year and I have to say a lot is made of it that it isnt.
    Yes, its got clean toilets and showers ( there was a huge queue yesterday ) - but its still camping, its still sleeping on inflatable bed 2 inches off the grass, and there will still be muck in yer tent. although in fairness I did feel my stuff was safe.

If you have the cash and want a little extra comfort pay the money - if not spend the cash elsewhere.

looking forward to next year already though

I don't think anybody ever claimed that it was anything different.

Are the tents good quality? Its also meant to be really close to the arena? Is there any sort of curfew or noise limits or anything. Sorry for all the questions and appreciate the help

We were in a 6 man. Middle area is a single skin but sleeping pods double. IMO 6 man the way to go for space. Friends in 8 man hadnt as much living space. Had a porch area for wet stuff. 11 on chairs with a table comfortably Sat morn. Some used showers said they were nice. We were a 5 min (max) walk from main stage. Have to go through Salty Dog if past a certain hour. Only remembered it was 2 sat night. Never made it back in time anyhow. Quiet time between 1-7. We were near the arena entrance so that didnt affect us. Could hear music all night. Thought security was stricter last year. Bar is nice but was something like €18 for full brekkie! Used to just go to paintballing cafe place. Less walking, very near Green Car Park were the plusses for me.

ab4248 wrote: »
    We were in a 6 man. Middle area is a single skin but sleeping pods double. IMO 6 man the way to go for space. Friends in 8 man hadnt as much living space. Had a porch area for wet stuff. 11 on chairs with a table comfortably Sat morn. Some used showers said they were nice. We were a 5 min (max) walk from main stage. Have to go through Salty Dog if past a certain hour. Only remembered it was 2 sat night. Never made it back in time anyhow. Quiet time between 1-7. We were near the arena entrance so that didnt affect us. Could hear music all night. Thought security was stricter last year. Bar is nice but was something like €18 for full brekkie! Used to just go to paintballing cafe place. Less walking, very near Green Car Park were the plusses for me.

Thanks so much for info, sounds great. How much was the 6man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I don't think anybody ever claimed that it was anything different.

Well it was made out to me to be the equivalent to a couple of nights in Ashford castle!
    D.Q wrote: »
    Are the tents good quality? Its also meant to be really close to the arena? Is there any sort of curfew or noise limits or anything. Sorry for all the questions and appreciate the help

we had a 2 man tipi - fairly spacious, could sleep 4 at a push
    people are supposed to be quiet from 1am to 7am and it is fairly quiet at all times ( from within camp) - I think in general it is a bit more of a mature crowd in there

it was 2mins from our tent to arena - a big plus, and far less mucky than the the other way.

yes - 7yoyo for 2 sausages in a bap! ffs

Advertisement