Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

mooseloose wrote: »
    Steve Mason would be a fine addition. It's been a few years since he last played.

He's over in Wales at Festival No. 6 that weekend too, so fingers crossed the bookers are on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mooseloose

He's over in Wales at Festival No. 6 that weekend too, so fingers crossed the bookers are on the case.
    Here's hoping.
    Just had a look to see when he played last and it was 2010. Jaysus! Where did those years go?
    Great line-up that year - Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Bonobo, Hot Chip and Eels, to name but a few. I don't remember anything after Eels until I woke up in a portaloo, about 4am, with my kecks at my ankles and my head in my knees. Not my finest moment :)

Here's hoping.
    Just had a look to see when he played last and it was 2010. Jaysus! Where did those years go?
    Great line-up that year - Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Bonobo, Hot Chip and Eels, to name but a few. I don't remember anything after Eels until I woke up in a portaloo, about 4am, with my kecks at my ankles and my head in my knees. Not my finest moment :)

Grab a cup of tea & wait for the showers to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Here's hoping.

Arcade Fire was the following year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Arcade Fire was the following year.
    I'm still pissed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Here's hoping.
    It's nice of you to share that fine moment with us all.....!
    :cheerful:

Grab a cup of tea & wait for the showers to open.
    The shower, in a can, opened as soon as I stumbled back to my tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Here's hoping.
    The worst clash in all my years at EP. Roxy Music v Eels v Public Image Limited. PiL the winners.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The worst clash in all my years at EP. Roxy Music v Eels v Public Image Limited. PiL the winners.

Yeah horrific, i think Gil Scott Heron was playing in or around the same time too.

Yeah horrific, i think Gil Scott Heron was playing in or around the same time too.
    He clashed with the start of Leftfield from what I remember. His set was just a mad doodling session. Very entertaining, just not very good. First tracks was about twenty five mins long. And it felt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Ticket was awaiting me when I got home this eve! The excitement continues..

He clashed with the start of Leftfield from what I remember. His set was just a mad doodling session. Very entertaining, just not very good. First tracks was about twenty five mins long. And it felt it.

Ah yes that's right, it was the Saturday he was on. It's all bled into 1 big glorious mess :D

PiL was the right choice though.

Ah yes that's right, it was the Saturday he was on. It's all bled into 1 big glorious mess :D

PiL was the right choice though.
    Just checked the stage times. GSH was sandwiched between LCD & Leftfield. That was after Steve Earle, Bad Lieutenant & Antlers. What I'd give for another evening like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That is a ****ing evil clash

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Yeah this is what I meant. I might have taken up the op wrong if he meant the boutique area separate to pink moon and pofpads etc
    Apologies if so

Stayed in Pink Moon last year it was the boutique campsite entrance I'm trying to weigh up. Muddies the water if there's no shortcut into the arena. Bit mad for the monies.

What's the trek like to the main arena from the boutique camping anyone know?

Re the Glastonbury line up announcement four or five from The National, Royal Blood, The Flaming Lips, Justice, Anderson Paak, The Avalanches, DJ Shadow, The Lemon Twigs, Future Islands, Temples & The Moonlandingz would be great.

Haven't listened to Solange's album yet although aware it got rave reviews so wouldn't be put out with her making an appearance either.

Just checked the stage times. GSH was sandwiched between LCD & Leftfield. That was after Steve Earle, Bad Lieutenant & Antlers. What I'd give for another evening like that.

And the Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77 on in the Little Big Tent.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Stayed in Pink Moon last year it was the boutique campsite entrance I'm trying to weigh up. Muddies the water if there's no shortcut into the arena. Bit mad for the monies.

What's the trek like to the main arena from the boutique camping anyone know?

Its not that far at all to the arena, its in the meadow before the Jimi Hendrix campsite separated by a road and another campervan site I think for traders.

The Can Project (two surviving members of Can + special guests) would be bloody amazing but highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

also Booka Shade (http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2010/)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

seeing as we are on wishlists ...

My dream additions, for many many years now, are:

Amon Tobin (how good would this be? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh85lplBqdU
    Prefuse 73 (this one is possible I guess, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafDmy2U2Dk)
    Boards of Canada (ahem)

I mention this list every year and I have at this stage resigned myself to none of these three ever happening at EP.

.. but I will settle for
    Pinkshinyultrablast .. was listening to their "Everything Else Matters" album a couple of days back.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'd love them add GusGus, surprised they've never appeared at either EP or B&S. The type of electronic act I see as a perfect fit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Love to see Pendulum announced since they seem to be doing a good few festivals around Europe this summer. I know they are not everyones cup of tea but they are a good live act

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Guys can anyone direct me to somewhere I can sell my ep tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

LENNY86 wrote: »
    Guys can anyone direct me to somewhere I can sell my ep tickets?

Toutless

I'm not touting mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

LENNY86 wrote: »
    I'm not touting mate.

its called "toutless" - as in, face value only

Ohhh hahah sorry thanx very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kelly Lee Owens' eponymous album is getting some very good reviews. Just giving it a spin at the moment. So far so very good. Another one for the list.

I am already predicting clash hell considering the amount of acts I like on this line up.

Listening to it now and it's quality. Cheers for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Bloc party please

Advertisement