Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stop, Shtop don't be getting my hopes up.

Yeah, she doesn't know Gilmour, did know Barrett though and used to visit him when he was in the mental hospital, some mad stories about him.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

are you heading up for the sunflower festival this year bodhrandude?
    https://sunflowerfest.co.uk/lineup/

I don't know Charlie, i don't think I'm gonna be up North West of the country this year but maybe you should start a thread for the 2017 edition, line up doesn't look bad although a lot of the same acts played last year too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Gave A Tribe Called Quest's newest album a proper play through today. Be a good show me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

GidCudi wrote: »
    Be a good show me thinks

For me, no doubting the quality of the tunes - still a concern over how they'll be received as a main stage headliner.

How much of the crowd will know more than a few tunes at best???

Am really hoping it goes over well as for me it's a real dream come true to catch them live, even without Phife.

Fingers and toes crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

- still a concern over how they'll be received as a main stage headliner.

How much of the crowd will know more than a few tunes at best???
    !

They won't need to know them, they'll enjoy the music regardless.

• Advertisement

Fast talking and repeating their names over and over.

The chat is a little slower in this one. Hope you like it.

To be fair, they are kind of along for the ride with DJ Shadow. He'd be very welcome back to Stradbally imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭charlietully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccztRby3FAk

this is belter, these guys could be the highlight of the weekend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBah_qX3T3s
    class also.
    **** it its gonna be a cracking weekend, who cares about headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

alastair wrote: »
    Floating Points looks a winner to me, but I'm a sucker for 4Hero style dance/jazz noodlings.

He's playing on his own though, probably won't be as good as his gig last year.

Effects wrote: »

Which gig last year?

I saw him at Body and Soul last year with full band which was very very good, but did he play Metropolis as well but on his Own? Anyone catch that?

I'm hoping on his own means things like...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Om going to go ahead and add Aimee Mann and British Sea Power to my wishlist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Anybody see christy moore in 2012?? I'd love to see him this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Effects wrote: »

I'm not so sure. It's a good chance for him to beef up the electronics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Could Four Tet be a candidate for the line up this year, may do a bit of googling to see if he's free around then.

Edit: Just checked his Resident Adviser page, he is down for Coachella festival and another date in April for the moment, would mind a bit of Four Tet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »

She's not played here in years and doesn't have many dates lined up. If he's knocking round again this year. Lloyd Cole would be decent in somewhere like other voices or a smaller tent on his tod.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Heres hoping they drop the swimming in the lake thing and switch back the family camping layout to the original setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Thebe wrote: »
    Heres hoping they drop the swimming in the lake thing and switch back the family camping layout to the original setup.

Unfortunately still have lake swimming on the poster if I remember correctly

GidCudi wrote: »
    Unfortunately still have lake swimming on the poster if I remember correctly

You are right unfortunately, https://www.electricpicnic.ie/line-up/poster "Lake Swimming"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Haha surely not the time of year for Lake swimming. Did anyone do it last year

She's not played here in years and doesn't have many dates lined up. If he's knocking round again this year. Lloyd Cole would be decent in somewhere like other voices or a smaller tent on his tod.

She's got her first album out in 5 years and it's getting plenty of good reviews. You never know. Lloyd is a good shout. He'd be perfect for Other Voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

D.Q wrote: »

Ye a few. Not too many idiots though

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

She's got her first album out in 5 years and it's getting plenty of good reviews. You never know. Lloyd is a good shout. He'd be perfect for Other Voices.

She did have that one with ted Leo about three years ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sigur Rós start their world tour tomorrow.
    For Autumn they've just listed "European Tour" From September 16th they start their UK tour in Manchester. They then go on to list a load of European cities with no mention of Ireland. Surely they have to be nailed on for EP?!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Sigur Rós start their world tour tomorrow.
    For Autumn they've just listed "European Tour" From September 16th they start their UK tour in Manchester. They then go on to list a load of European cities with no mention of Ireland. Surely they have to be nailed on for EP?!
    They would be superb, tho' "too big" not to have been named already?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mgkelly wrote: »

Not really. They've often announced big acts after the first announcement. Plus they've played EP before which is pretty common.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

BaZmO* wrote: »
    mgkelly wrote: »

Not really. They've often announced big acts after the first announcement. Plus they've played EP before which is pretty common.
    I hope you are right.
    I suspect, however, that Sigur Ros are even bigger than ever.
    Would be surprising (wouldn't it...?) for them to be announced 'below' other headliners?
    Nonetheless, would be great. Never saw them @ EP - saw some of Jonsi's gig - was wonderful.
    Saw them in Madison Square Garden a few years ago. Mighty!

"Headliners" from the first announcement do get bumped downwards sometimes, not very often though but it does happen.

D.Q wrote: »

for anyone thinking of doing the lake swim, the horseys get their baths in there the other 51 weeks of the year and recommend it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Am o the only one who thinks the line up is absolute shjte?? Who are half of them??

Snarky Snark Snark

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Am o the only one who thinks the line up is absolute shjte?? Who are half of them??

Think it's great for an initial line up. As to who they are? Acts in different genres or outside of what you'd normally listen to.

Not heard of a few of them but I'm not into dance music for the most part (just leaves me cold), when people start putting youtoob videos of dance/electronic acts up, i'd give them a play and then just not bother ever again (for the most part)

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Well, no. Most of the country are in the same camp, Dtp. Luckily though, you have enough wise old heads in here to reassure you that a) the line-up, far from being ****e, is an a to z of the finest kept secrets in the music world and b) who gives a **** about the line-up? You'll have a beautiful 3 days wandering the wonderland that is the Stradbally site, meeting amazing people and having the time of your life. I choose to believe those guys. Have a bit of faith, Dtp, get yourself on Spotify and get to work.

Advertisement