Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

excellent list with one clear omission (pretty sure I said this last year also):

Ziploc bags - so many uses its silly. Keep your skins dry, and keep your voddy hidden (triple wrap recommended for 100% success).

oooh, will change now, meant to add that as I remembered yer comment last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

excellent list with one clear omission (pretty sure I said this last year also):

Ziploc bags - so many uses its silly. Keep your skins dry, and keep your voddy hidden (triple wrap recommended for 100% success).

Capri Sun screw cap pouches are good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

My one piece of advice to anyone going to EP is; don't pack too much sh*t, because everything has to be hauled from the car, across the fields, through the venue and eventually to your tent.

Pack light. If you want to bring a mountain of crap leave most of it in the car and do multiple trips. You do not need a duvet.

Snarky Snark Snark

Pack light. If you want to bring a mountain of crap leave most of it in the car and do multiple trips. You do not need a duvet.

No, you certainly don't, you also don't need full sized pillows, i've a camping one I got off amazon years ago for a fiver that squashes to nothing and lives in my rolled up sleeping bag.

My list is long but a huge chunk of it is tiny stuff that goes in the wash bag, as above, for anyone else pink mooning it or the likes, if you cannot carry everything you need in 1 trip, then you've brought too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Band updates.

Grandaddy - talked to them after a gig in Rough Trade London last night. Not the most communicative of blokes, and they also don't seem to get on with each other. But they did say that they've no Irish dates this Summer. A big pity as they're on fire at the moment.

Leftfield - a pal plays with them and they're also not yet down to play Ireland this year. He said they're available if someone comes up with the cash so that could change. And let's hope it does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Band updates.

Grandaddy - talked to them after a gig in Rough Trade London last night. Not the most communicative of blokes, and they also don't seem to get on with each other. But they did say that they've no Irish dates this Summer. A big pity as they're on fire at the moment.

Leftfield - a pal plays with them and they're also not yet down to play Ireland this year. He said they're available if someone comes up with the cash so that could change. and let's hope it does.

There's a band I've always felt I missed the point of. 'AM180' is a tune but the rest does nothing for me and the new album is total garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nyanjess

Any one that pink moons see the post about the Thursday early entry for a tener? Any catch with that? Do you also need an early entry festival ticket to actually get in through the gates or will early entry for pink moon suffice !!??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

nyanjess wrote: »
    Any one that pink moons see the post about the Thursday early entry for a tener? Any catch with that? Do you also need an early entry festival ticket to actually get in through the gates or will early entry for pink moon suffice !!??

They're selling early entry to the festival campsites for €25 so i'm guessing you'll have to fork out for that before you get access to Pink Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Completely forgot about that early access nonsense, ugh

Snarky Snark Snark

Bollocks to that.

• Advertisement

Band updates.

Leftfield - a pal plays with them and they're also not yet down to play Ireland this year. He said they're available if someone comes up with the cash so that could change. and let's hope it does.

There's a band I've always felt I missed the point of. 'AM180' is a tune but the rest does nothing for me and the new album is total garbage.
    Love 'em. Really like the new album and thought they were excellent at EP 2012. For me it's them, Mercury Rev and The Flaming Lips as the top US acts at the turn of the millennium. But hey, they're obviously not for everyone, and what a dull forum this would be if we all agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Love 'em. Really like the new album and thought they were excellent at EP 2012. For me it's them, Mercury Rev and The Flaming Lips as the top US acts at the turn of the millennium. But hey, they're obviously not for everyone, and what a dull forum this would be if we all agreed.

That's fighting talk, that is...

What's the best album to get in to them?

I like Mercury Rev and the FLips too (for the most part anyway!)

That's fighting talk, that is...

What's the best album to get in to them?

I like Mercury Rev and the FLips too (for the most part anyway!)
    The Sophtware Slump is the biggie, a few good tracks on all their other albums but bar one dodgy song on TSS (Household Appliance) it's full of great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Capacity at Oxegen was 80k. That 60k figure above refers to the first day only, they used to sell 2-day and 3-day tickets so the Friday was always quieter.

That's 60% larger than EP.

For the past few years I've added the EP capacity as it happens in a draft post, ive used google to fill in the missing one's, but some years there's barely any info.

Can anyone fill in the blanks??

2017: 55k (Sell out)
    2016: 55k (Sell out)
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/03/02/electric-picnic-2016-here-we-go/
    2015: 47k (48.5K http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/)
    2014: 42k (sell out)
    2013: 35k (sell out)
    2012: 35k (22k) (6k day tickets)
    2011: (4k day tickets)
    2010:
    2009: 32.5k
    2008: 32.5k (Sell out)
    2007: 32.5k (28k)
    2006: 30K (Sell out)
    2005:
    2004: 10k (Sell out)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    For the past few years I've added the EP capacity as it happens in a draft post, ive used google to fill in the missing one's, but some years there's barely any info.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2016/03/02/electric-picnic-2016-here-we-go/
    2015: 47k (48.5K Sell Out http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/)
    2010: 32.5 k
    2007: 32.5k (28k) (Sell Out in May I think)
    2005: 22 K

Just filling in a few blanks there. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

2015: 47k (48.5K http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2015/06/23/electric-picnic-lodge-event-licence-application/)
    2010:
    2005:

There's a press release for 2006 that says "Last year all 25,000 tickets sold out".

Pretty sure there was no sell-out in '10 and '11 too as they lost their arses on those years. I believe they were both 35k too, although there was a lot of vagueness on exact numbers around then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

2010:
    2005:

I'm not sure about filling in blanks, but I'm surprised I'm not firing blanks after drinking my way though 13 years of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Paleblood wrote: »
    I'm not sure about filling in blanks, but I'm surprised I'm not firing blanks after drinking my way though 13 years of that.

I must have taken a good 10years off my life expectancy, but **** it it was worth it!!

MJohnston wrote: »
    There's a press release for 2006 that says "Last year all 25,000 tickets sold out".

Pretty sure there was no sell-out in '10 and '11 too as they lost their arses on those years. I believe they were both 35k too, although there was a lot of vagueness on exact numbers around then.

As far as i know there was only 15k people camping in 2005 with 10k Saturday & Sunday 'day tickets'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

As far as i know there was only 15k people camping in 2005 with 10k Saturday & Sunday 'day tickets'.

So you mean capacity was 20k (15k + 10k/2)? I'm not really sure how capacity is intended in the OPs case

• Advertisement

So you mean capacity was 20k (15k + 10k/2)? I'm not really sure how capacity is intended in the OPs case

15k camping + 10k Saturday Daytrippers + 10k Sun Daytrippers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭LowOdour

a question to pinkmooners!
    First time there last year, and didnt cop until the Sunday morning that people were bringing in their alcohol in plastic cups. Is this allowed all weekend, or were they been nice to the people on the last day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

LowOdour wrote: »
    a question to pinkmooners!
    First time there last year, and didnt cop until the Sunday morning that people were bringing in their alcohol in plastic cups. Is this allowed all weekend, or were they been nice to the people on the last day?

Did it all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Poorside wrote: »
    Did it all weekend.

Into the main arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

D.Q wrote: »
    Into the main arena?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

LowOdour wrote:
    a question to pinkmooners! First time there last year, and didnt cop until the Sunday morning that people were bringing in their alcohol in plastic cups. Is this allowed all weekend, or were they been nice to the people on the last day?

No problem bringing in booze in a plastic cup from Pink moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

No way!!! i'm raging i never knew this. Hopefully same again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

I'd be curious to know what the numbers in 2010 & 2011 where too. From memory it did feel a lot emptier out in the Campsites & the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

So could I bring 500ml of vodka and put it into a plastic bottle in main arena?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

-
    - Don't horse into the drink non-stop on any of the days, you'll end up lost, scared and alone in the dark!

-

I'm not making any promises about this one :D

Advertisement