Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Jamiroquai would be a great addition actually

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Any word on the throw back band, I'm going to call Tiffany as a possibility she seems to be doing a few gigs this side of the pond during the summer.
    ...I think we're alone now......

mgkelly wrote: »
    Any word on the throw back band, I'm going to call Tiffany as a possibility she seems to be doing a few gigs this side of the pond during the summer.
    ...I think we're alone now......
    Prefer Run the Jewels myself! Streaming the clip from YouTube above. Nice!

On a tangentially related subject (i.e. 80's-tasticness!) I was listening to the Floating Points album today. One of the tunes - "For Marmish" is very free jazzy, but right in the middle, there is a bit that sounds like a wee sample from a Bruce Hornsby track! Anyone hear that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

MJohnston wrote: »

New LP is daecent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

MJohnston wrote: »

If I could have one wish for EP this year it would be for Jamiroquai to be announced. He would suit the festival perfectly IMO but I'm not sure where he would fit in now as most of the main stage headline slots seem to be full, maybe he would sub one of the nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If I could have one wish for EP this year it would be for Jamiroquai to be announced. He would suit the festival perfectly IMO but I'm not sure where he would fit in now as most of the main stage headline slots seem to be full, maybe he would sub one of the nights?

They could do the 8.30 - 9 pm slot like New Order last year and A Tribe called Quest or Duran Duran could do the after headliner at 10.30 pm to 12 am

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

room_149 wrote: »
    Poor old Ash have fairly slid down the billing since I last saw them at Reading!!!

1996.jpg?itok=Xn30mOG7

The Butthole Surfers reformed recently again just looking at that Reading 96, they played the Day For Night festival last December in Houston, would love to get them for the Picnic. But I fear due to their notorious history of previous stage shows, a penis skin graft operation on their backdrop screen in the late eighties might make them a little messy for the likes of the Picnic, but I think they would suit the vibe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

They could do the 8.30 - 9 pm slot like New Order last year and A Tribe called Quest or Duran Duran could do the after headliner at 10.30 pm to 12 am
    Not a huge fan of Jamiroquai, but I wouldn't envy the act that'd follow them. Duran have the hits and bluster but Tribe a bit too low-key & subtle to hold an inebriated crowd at midnight I reckon. Would love to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would wonder could they actually be EA headliners ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Hope Liam G doesnt get announced for EP (i know i would not have to watch him but he wont be able to top Noel).

Surely it would make more sense to have Korn headline the 2nd stage at R&L. But overall the R&L is shocking
    Is there talk of korn playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dtp1979 wrote: »

There has been no talk of it at all. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's likelier that EP 2018 will take place on the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Really don't think they'd suit as an EP headline act,which is what they would command. Not my thing so could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I liked them when I was younger. Don't think EP would bok them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Father John Misty's new album out 2 days ago....well worth a listen... looking forward to seeing him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

https://youtu.be/Ca93bp-jpn8

Been listening to this all afternoon...bonobo boiler room.
    God it's gorgeous. Really hope they get added

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gonna lose my shít when I hear this. What a tune!

https://youtu.be/-Ro8-ngA8gs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

everlast75 wrote: »

She's going to be unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The idea that ecstasy is a happy drug and the worst side effect is a desire to give everyone sweaty hugs is a total urban myth.

It's really not. Never once seen a fight in my 20 or so years clubbing. Nobody on pills has any interest in fighting

Synode wrote: »
    The idea that ecstasy is a happy drug and the worst side effect is a desire to give everyone sweaty hugs is a total urban myth.

It's really not. Never once seen a fight in my 20 or so years clubbing. Nobody on pills has any interest in fighting
    I think what original person alluding to is the rare but unfortunate side effect of death as a result of ecstasy use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I think what original person alluding to is the rare but unfortunate side effect of death as a result of ecstasy use.

Don't think they were. The discussion was about aggression

Synode wrote: »

Don't think they were. The discussion was about aggression
    Perhaps. Though it is a less benign S/E. Just think we need not to be too relaxed about possible effects of drugs, even the more 'benign' stuff.
    But, anyway, back to the music....

Not so sure about the Fr John Misty love in that's going on, in here!
    I'm sure he's very talented, but I'm finding it hard to get excited.
    Streamed a couple of albums/watched on YouTube, but not getting buzzed.
    What am I doing wrong?!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

everlast75 wrote: »

Ha! I did not know that song was her.

...horses for courses, of course...!
    ...or maybe, Band of Horses?........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Im still not convinced Tribe are headliners, they're simply not well enough known.
    Some have asked why would EP not just announce all the headliners? I think the third headliner is Kasabian, as the EP is sold out they're under no pressure to announce this, allowing Kasabian to promote their Dublin gig next month and their Belfast gig, the week before the EP.

I don't want it to be true, but it's fairly likely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Im still not convinced Tribe are headliners, they're simply not well enough known.
    Some have asked why would EP not just announce all the headliners? I think the third headliner is Kasabian, as the EP is sold out they're under no pressure to announce this, allowing Kasabian to promote their Dublin gig next month and their Belfast gig, the week before the EP.

I think you're right, but if not Kasabian then Muse/Foals/Jamiroquai.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dylar

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I think you're right, but if not Kasabian then Muse/Foals/Jamiroquai.

I reckon it'll be Radiohead, announced after their gig in June.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »

I don't think it's likely, as EP have specifically said that Tribe are headlining the Saturday night.

if they weren't headlining, they would have just not said anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Not so sure about the Fr John Misty love in that's going on, in here!
    I'm sure he's very talented, but I'm finding it hard to get excited.
    Streamed a couple of albums/watched on YouTube, but not getting buzzed.
    What am I doing wrong?!
    ;)

might not be for you... give them a few listens they do grow on you..

Advertisement