Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They only test saliva so surely if it's something you swallow instead of snort or smoke you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

MadYaker wrote: »
    They only test saliva so surely if it's something you swallow instead of snort or smoke you should be grand.
    Unfortunately not, as it will still get excreted in your secretions such as saliva.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Unfortunately not, as it will still get excreted in your secretions such as saliva.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's all gone Pete Tong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I have this friend ;) who wants to know if they can test for Mdma, its not listed in the article.

They just give your jaw a little poke to see how lose it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Father John Misty has been a great find. Had never heard of him before I saw the lineup.

Found this video of him live. Well worth a listen.
    https://youtu.be/FPO7NJoPQcE

Gave the last hour listening to Krept&Konan, well worth checking them out, 1st on my must see list..

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

I know one you would like for EP, The Can Project, surviving members of the group Can who are playing Glastonbury I think, wouldn't mind them either.

http://www.trebuchet-magazine.com/can-unreleased-material-glastonbury-set/

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/217700-the-can-project/

It'd certainly make my weekend. I'm thinking it'll depend on the reception they receive at Glastonbury & the will being there on behalf of Festival Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gave the last hour listening to Krept&Konan, well worth checking them out, 1st on my must see list..

Yeah cool sound to them. That grimy UK hip hop. Will check them out unless they're clashing with someone.

D.Q wrote: »
    Yeah cool sound to them. That grimy UK hip hop. Will check them out unless they're clashing with someone.

Should be heaving....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Ryan Adams has sold out gigs the week after EP in Dublin, Cork & Belfast. Does that mean we have no hope of seeing him in Stradbally, or is there an outside chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

IMG_5613.PNG.4d176caf89301b561d598a04a98f9f4d.PNG

Organizer of Bestival saying he is working* on getting Jamie XX to play a solo set after the XX perform. He would be a good addition if EP chose to do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really don't get the appeal of the XX. Anything I've heard has seems unfocused, never seems to go anywhere. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

D.Q wrote: »
    Really don't get the appeal of the XX. Anything I've heard has seems unfocused, never seems to go anywhere. Any recommendations?

Try another band? I mean, I love them, but not everyone has to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Any chance of Florence and the machine turning up considering Florence seems to like to join The XX on stage for their You've Got The Love remix?

Any chance of Florence and the machine turning up considering Florence seems to like to join The XX on stage for their You've Got The Love remix?

Not unless she's booked elsewhere at EP. But even then - Kelis didn't join Outkast for Roses, Andre 3000 didn't join Kelis for Millionaire, Noel didn't join the Chems for Let Forever Be or Setting Sun, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I doubt it, too soon, did they not headline Sunday night in 2015.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I doubt it, too soon, did they not headline Sunday night in 2015.

She did indeed, didn't hang around for it though, tame impala were in the EA. Much better option (though in fairness, she didn't seem bad at all live)

She did indeed, didn't hang around for it through, tame impala were in the EA. Much better option (though in fairness, she didn't seem bad at all live)

That Tame Impala set was one for the ages though. Them and The War on Drugs that year.....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MJohnston wrote: »
    She did indeed, didn't hang around for it through, tame impala were in the EA.  Much better option (though in fairness, she didn't seem bad at all live)

That Tame Impala set was one for the ages though. Them and The War on Drugs that year.....:eek:
    Oh how I'd love to see them back. Only one date this year, in the US in July, but we've got a couple of them already there with Pond so an outside shot of them being announced? Though I reckon they're more likely back as headliners in a year or two.

• Advertisement

EP really only tends to get acts who are doing album tours, not one-offs (unless they're Irish bands). So sadly it maybe another 2 years before they're back (presuming they get an album out next year).

War on Drugs though, they're due an album at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Oh how I'd love to see them back. Only one date this year, in the US in July, but we've got a couple of them already there with Pond so an outside shot of them being announced? Though I reckon they're more likely back as headliners in a year or two.

I sat in the electric tent inbetween sets as they were playing Tame Impala all night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

The fruitless annual Bowie pipedreaming is a huge loss to the thread imo:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

If you could turn urine into beer EP security would make you piss before entering the main arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's just so so so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ryan Adams has sold out gigs the week after EP in Dublin, Cork & Belfast. Does that mean we have no hope of seeing him in Stradbally, or is there an outside chance?

It wouldn't be likely at all I'd say. For one, his gigs in Ireland are the weekend after (Belfast Friday, Cork Saturday, Dublin Sunday and Monday) so logistically it is a bit of a mess, but it just seems like overkill for a small market.

We'll say he's as likely as Radiohead :P

War on Drugs was incredible. Also a word for My Morning Jacket that year- wow.

I missed Tame Impala 'cos I was at Florence & the Machine, which was just dreadful. :(

Only thing that stops Tame Impala headlining is if Kevin Parker calls a halt to the project. He often says that he's not a fan of the music they play and seems to work more and more with Mark Ronson and other pop acts in writing, production, etc.

They're a great band though so I'd be pretty upset if he did call a halt to it.
    The fruitless annual Bowie pipedreaming is a huge loss to the thread imo:

Bowie is gonna be added in the second announcement. Tribe ARE headlining, but Bowie will sub for them. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was at the Florence set and for me the main problem was that everyone was talking and despite moving about 5 times, it was the same everywhere and I just couldn't enjoy the music with all the fvcking chatter. Then some random girl seemed to get the hump with me cos I refused to let her up on my shoulders. fvcking kids ruining the fvcking blah blah blah ...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

She did indeed, didn't hang around for it though, tame impala were in the EA. Much better option (though in fairness, she didn't seem bad at all live)

Tame Impala were the perfect way to end the weekend , the place was hopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Tame Impala were the perfect way to end the weekend , the place was hopping

Well Pond are playing........??!!

Advertisement