Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Hey dudes just a heads up, partying over the weekend is gonna get a wee bit harder to do especially if you are a driver or designated driver. A new law came in today for roadside drug testing. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/drivers-can-now-be-tested-for-drugs-at-roadside-checkpoints-1.3046265

Jaysus, more nanny-state business.
    Perhaps they should put on a 'Tour de Picnic' cycling type yoke on the Monday morning for anyone who wants to tear the arse out of the last evening and not be penalised for doing so?!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Anyone know when the second announcement is going to be made? Usually more interesting bands for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thebe wrote: »
    Anyone know when the second announcement is going to be made? Usually more interesting bands for me anyway.

The middle of June I'd say, after Life, Forbidden Fruit and Body & Soul free up some acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Does the Coachella streams start at midnight tonight thats 4 pm in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Deadly didn't realise it was this weekend!! Love watching the footage!! Long weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Excellent, thanks, a few of the EP line-up tonight as well as Radiohead. Could be a late one.

Thanks for that, some great stuff on but that festival has badly altered course I think. Saturday in particular is a dog's dinner of acts. Or maybe 2017 is a bad year all-round for line-ups?  Glasto & Primavera look pretty underwhelming to me (still be happy going to either) and with a few more solid additions I believe that EP will end up being better than most around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

Actually enjoyed Florence in '15, had a decent crew around me, lots of singing and dancing! Enjoyed The War on Drugs that year too, but my faaave that year was Shamir on the Body and Soul stage on Sat(?)night. Fab fab fab

Coachella Stream kicks off in about ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Bonobo would be so good. Unfortunately seems their tour finishes up the first weekend in August.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Bonobo would be so good. Unfortunately seems their tour finishes up the first weekend in August.

Really enjoyed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

francis and the lights looks class. sampha good but his voice is kinda crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

For the interested, there's a fairly decent capture of Duran Duran from lollopalooza Argentina on yootoob, mr le bonbons is every inch the unmitigated tosser you'd think but their festival set is pure hit heaven and decent to boot.

(D'other two need to just get with the program and accept the hair loss, you could project a remastered print of 2001 A Space Odyssey in 70 mm onto their foreheads with room to spare, yer foolin no one lads, shave it off)

Shall be quite unimpressed if there's a clash with FJM that night.

(Trigger alert : they cover Bowie but bonus points for it not being an utter shambles)

Loving Banks set she is quite like FKA Twigs, that kind of style, great dancers accompanying her.

banks really upped her live show. she was just belting out the songs in 2014.

more acts need to put work into their live show! it makes such a difference.

crystal castles with this tesco value alice glass is a trainwreck

the xx set looking and sounding great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

francis and the lights looks class. sampha good but his voice is kinda crap!

Just watching Francis and the lights, brilliant , only familiar through Bon iver... he's some frontman!! Not sure why they arnt at the Monday of forbidden fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Are all of the sets from Glastonbury Coachella I mean, uploaded to youtube or is there anyway to watch them back? Went onto the coachella youtube channel and couldn't seem to find any full sets from yesterday, good few I would like to watch if they were available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Glastonbury, not officially. the BBC uploads some clips of single song from some acts. you'll find some full performances on youtube uploaded by others unofficially.
    I think the BBC has most/all full gigs on their site for about 30 days after Glastonbury but then they're gone. you can find downloads of the full performances online though on places like dimeadozen or themixingbowl.

as for Coachella, they don't upload much afterwards from what I remember. they'll be replaying last night's live streams throughout today, and you can skip backwards up to 4hrs, so you should be able to catch everything again today:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella/coachellalive

choose from the 3 different channels, the order by time is here:
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/webcast-coachella-reveals-2016-live-stream-schedule-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Cheers ghostdancer, yes I meant Coachella! Will have a browse through their videos now.

the xx set looking and sounding great

Watching now, seem a lot more livlier than when they were at ep last. Must give the album another go as wasn't keen on it. I think it's just their voices I'm not keen on.

I kinda hastily glanced past Pete Tong on the line up but I'm absolutely delighted to see he'll be joined by the Heritage Orchestra, if there aren't any clashes I'll be there for sure.
    I'm gonna take punt here and say J.Greene & co. Jacked up their fee since last year.

Looking back on Phantogram's set, loving it, looking forward to them at the Picnic.

Fair to say that Father John Misty has gone stellar given his crowd at the main stage. And excellent stuff too.

Anyone catch Radiohead? Still great despite all the sound hassles?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Fair to say that Father John Misty has gone stellar given his crowd at the main stage. And excellent stuff too.

Anyone catch Radiohead? Still great despite all the sound hassles?

Yeah I enjoyed it, despite the sound issues. looking forward to the Dublin gig.

Ah yes, Mac DeMarco highlights now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I kinda hastily glanced past Pete Tong on the line up but I'm absolutely delighted to see he'll be joined by the Heritage Orchestra, if there aren't any clashes I'll be there for sure.
    I'm gonna take punt here and say J.Greene & co. Jacked up their fee since last year.

Hope that's late on the Saturday on the main stage, after ATCQ, as I think it'd be some craic.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Ah yes, Mac DeMarco highlights now.

Love him! Only discovered him recently!

Advertisement