Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Enjoying Chicano Batman, they are delightfully odd and strange.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Enjoying Chicano Batman, they are delightfully odd and strange.
    Aye, very entertaining. Never heard of them before but loving their blend of styles. Much more so than the lacklustre Car Seat Headrest on Channel 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ya car seat headrest pretty underwhelming here

Banks and Steelz on Channel 3 is good, a great combination of rock n roll and hip hop, a great afternoon set. The guitarist/singer he looks like a younger version of William H. Macy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Nae offense folks, but is there no chance this could all be on a Coachella thread?

• Advertisement

Banks and Steelz on Channel 3 is good, a great combination of rock n roll and hip hop, a great afternoon set.  The guitarist/singer he looks like a younger version of William H. Macy.
    It's Paul Banks from Interpol. And not a bad set.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Nae offense folks, but is there no chance this could all be on a Coachella thread?
    I think a lot of the chat has to do with acts who are playing EP. But yeah, fair point.

little dragon killing it here. wayyyy better than their stuff on record

MJohnston wrote: »

Sure what are you talking about, Coachella is Electric Picnic, its just another festival name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Watching a few sets from Coachella yesterday, Classixx & Shura both sounding very good would like to see either of those added to EP. Blossoms were good too but I think they played last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Watching a few sets from Coachella yesterday, Classixx & Shura both sounding very good would like to see either of those added to EP. Blossoms were good too but I think they played last year.

There's a separate Coachella thread

Aw man just looking at Toots and the Maytals on the Coachella main stage on my projector and its bringing all back, that great gig at EP last year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Aw man just looking at Toots and the Maytals on the Coachella main stage on my projector and its bringing all back, that great gig at EP last year. :)
    Saw them yesterday. Class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

For anyone interested, 2fm are replaying the Jenny Greene set from EP 2016 at 6pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭briandebum

So Gorillaz just announced a North American tour for most of August-September. Now it's worth noting that on the tour there's a bit of gap from San Francisco on the 13th of August to New York on the 15th of September. While that is a nice EP sized gap, pretty much every other gig is on the far side of the Atlantic.
    Unless EP really impressed Albarn 2 years ago I can't see them travelling back to Stradbally to perform, which is a shame as based off the first few songs that album has serious potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

For anyone interested, 2fm are replaying the Jenny Greene set from EP 2016 at 6pm today.

I hate to be a stickler, but shouldn't this post be in the EP2016 forum :):):);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I hate to be a stickler, but shouldn't this post be in the EP2016 forum :):):);)

EP2016 forum is closed for posting ;)

After watching the Justice Coachella set I think they would be amazing for the Picnic, I don't know if the Picnic would take a chance on them, a vast amount of Irish people wouldn't be familiar with their set and they don't have a nineties background or history, but man they are sure entertaining. Their music a new kind of House Prog and a really cool subtle light show with movable parts. They have a sizeable gap in their touring schedule between 1st September and the 9th when they play Bestival, I hope they're scooped for EP.

http://www.justice.church/tour/index.html

i just watched the justice set as well and was a bit disappointed. just didn't seem to take off and they didn't play phantom I or II properly. i thought i was definitely gonna see them at glasto but now not so sure.

they do have a gap but i can't see EP stumping up the cash. they're a big draw in the US 'EDM' world, probably pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Caught the Phantogram set on coachella stream...not bad. Definitely worth popping the head in at EP if there's nothing else I fancy on.

The Bonobo, Jagwar Ma and Local Natives sets were all great, would love any of them to be added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sorry to add to the misery after a bank holiday, but seemingly Picture This will be headlining one of the stages over the weekend.
    I was speaking to someone from Athy over the weekend, and it's common knowledge there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Sorry to add to the misery after a bank holiday, but seemingly Picture This will be headlining one of the stages over the weekend.
    I was speaking to someone from Athy over the weekend, and it's common knowledge there..

They're headlining longitude, I really hope someone is getting the festivals mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Let's hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Would it be a shock though? Picture Dis'n'dat would be in the same vein as a lot of the mainstage acts they've had during the last few years, there's always one poppier type (aka sam smyth / hoosier etc...) that people will have a whinge about but the 2fm types love.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

They are headlining Saturday night in the Oxfam tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Effects wrote: »
    They are headlining Saturday night in the Oxfam tent.

As if the poor Africans have not suffered enough!

The horror, the horror ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

After watching the Justice Coachella set I think they would be amazing for the Picnic, I don't know if the Picnic would take a chance on them, a vast amount of Irish people wouldn't be familiar with their set and they don't have a nineties background or history, but man they are sure entertaining. Their music a new kind of House Prog and a really cool subtle light show with movable parts. They have a sizeable gap in their touring schedule between 1st September and the 9th when they play Bestival, I hope they're scooped for EP.

http://www.justice.church/tour/index.html

They had a stand out show at Oxegen, however long ago it was they played, same year as Air, they were kinda big then tho

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be amazed if Picture This will be at EP and Longitude , If they were at Picnic then they would be on the Main Stage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Justice wouldn't be much of a risk for EP, they're a pretty solid name in Ireland, and not much different from booking Soulwax really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Id be amazed if Picture This will be at EP and Longitude , If they were at Picnic then they would be on the Main Stage

Nah, it's tradition that Dublin Gospel Choir always open the main stage on Sunday morning.

Advertisement