Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Justice wouldn't be much of a risk for EP, they're a pretty solid name in Ireland, and not much different from booking Soulwax really.

Soulwax played at the very first EP back in 2004 and have played at least once or twice since then, so I guess at this stage they are a bit of a legacy act for EP.

But yes, booking Justice would certainly drive ticket sales I would have thought... oh wait, no need for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Effects wrote: »
    Nah, it's tradition that Dublin Gospel Choir always open the main stage on Saturday morning.

Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MJohnston wrote: »
    Sunday morning

That's what I said!

The The have a new single coming out.

"For 2017's Record Store Day, (after premiering the song on a Radio Cineola broadcast) The The are to release a brand new 7" record called 'We Can't Stop What's Coming' collaborating once again with Johnny Marr."

Would be brilliant if Mr. Johnson and Mr. Marr would do a festival tour August/September.

does boards.ie have a hangover... posts disappearing and other weird stuff going on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The The have a new single coming out.

"For 2017's Record Store Day, (after premiering the song on a Radio Cineola broadcast) The The are to release a brand new 7" record called 'We Can't Stop What's Coming' collaborating once again with Johnny Marr."

Would be brilliant if Mr. Johnson and Mr. Marr would do a festival tour August/September.

Now yer talkin

Now yer talkin

New tune being played on Steve Lemacq's show this afternoon.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ltp9x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The The have a new single coming out..

Holy f..k!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

does boards.ie have a hangover... posts disappearing and other weird stuff going on..

If you are mobile safari with classic view turned on then yes, yes it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Cold War kids new album is very good . Be a good addition .
    Are tickets selling for crazy money online still ? I have mine , want to get 2 more for friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

New tune being played on Steve Lemacq's show this afternoon.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ltp9x
    Just heard it. Cracker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Cold War kids new album is very good . Be a good addition .
    Are tickets selling for crazy money online still ? I have mine , want to get 2 more for friends

€300 on Seatwave. Considering full price face value is €240, it's not a massive mark-up, but hold your nerve, prices will drop.

Just heard it. Cracker!

Yeah, deadly stuff. Very much on the same lines as the Soul Mining material.

For those interested, listen here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ltp9x#play
    New song is at 1:21:28.
    Interview from 1:11:30.

He did say something about some further projects being mentioned in the summer and autumn. Unlikely to be touring sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So what about Cypress Hill would they be in for a shout at the Picnic, playing the week before at the Le Cabaret Vert festival in France, could they do a sub headline or are they one of these acts that would demand a headline status.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

So what about Cypress Hill would they be in for a shout at the Picnic, playing the week before at the Le Cabaret Vert festival in France, could they do a sub headline or are they one of these acts that would demand a headline status.

Are you insane in the membrane?

Seriously though, they are in Germany up until the 2nd September, so can't see it happening. That would be great though.

https://www.cypresshill.com/events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Listened to A Tribe Called Quest's Anthology last night. Excellent stuff. Really hope they're not on late because by that stage I'll only be interested in kicking tunes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The The with Johnny. Imagine. I'm not sure if I can think of an act I would be more excited to see. I can dream. I'm putting Dusk on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Synode wrote: »
    Listened to A Tribe Called Quest's Anthology last night. Excellent stuff. Really hope they're not on late because by that stage I'll only be interested in kicking tunes

They're headlining so it'll be late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

What's the earliest a headliner has ever been on? Bjork played at 9.00 in 2013. I definitely think ATCQ would work better around that time than playing at 12 or 12.30. They'll probably start some time in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    The The with Johnny. Imagine. I'm not sure if I can think of an act I would be more excited to see. I can dream. I'm putting Dusk on now.
    Is that a decent record? I only know the first three albums. Maybe a mistake to lose touch after?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What's the earliest a headliner has ever been on? Bjork played at 9.00 in 2013. I definitely think ATCQ would work better around that time than playing at 12 or 12.30. They'll probably start some time in between.

I have vague, probably incorrect, memories of both The Cure and Pulp starting quite early, playing very long sets and being followed by a DJ thereafter. Could see something like that for Tribe.

I'm a huge fan. Their album last year was one of my favourites in a very good year and they have a host of classic tunes but I can see why people might want something a bit different from midnight to 2.

Not an extra 'headliner' as such, just someone coming on afterwards to keep the crowd going.

I have vague, probably incorrect, memories of both The Cure and Pulp starting quite early, playing very long sets and being followed by a DJ thereafter. Could see something like that for Tribe.

I'm a huge fan. Their album last year was one of my favourites in a very good year and they have a host of classic tunes but I can see why people might want something a bit different from midnight to 2.

Not an extra 'headliner' as such, just someone coming on afterwards to keep the crowd going.
    Pulp were 1 hour 30/45 mins and started late on the Sunday night from what I recall. Pretty sure there was no act following.

The Cure in 2012 started about 9pm and played for 3 hours and 20 mins. And what a 200 mins that was, all 39 tracks of it. Easily amongst the best of Picnic sets for me.They were followed by Orbital, which for me felt like a mellow comedown after Rob Smith & crew. They complemented each other I thought.

For the Sat late night slot, as myself & others have speculated here, there's surely a fair chance it'll be Pete Tong & Co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Pulp were 1 hour 30/45 mins and started late on the Sunday night from what I recall. Pretty sure there was no act following.

The Cure in 2012 started about 9pm and played for 3 hours and 20 mins. And what a 200 mins that was, all 39 tracks of it. Easily amongst the best of Picnic sets for me.They were followed by Orbital, which for me felt like a mellow comedown after Rob Smith & crew. They complemented each other I thought.

For the Sat late night slot, as myself & others have speculated here, there's surely a fair chance it'll be Pete Tong & Co.

You've a much better memory than me!
    I could have sworn Pulp was a long set. I'm not a massive fan and I remember leaving in the middle and coming back for the end so I always presumed it had been a long set.
    Pete Tong makes sense for the late set.

You've a much better memory than me!
    I could have sworn Pulp was a long set. I'm not a massive fan and I remember leaving in the middle and coming back for the end so I always presumed it had been a long set.
    Pete Tong makes sense for the late set.
    It just felt long! Sagged hugely in the middle. I looked at the stage times and it says 10.30 to 12.00 on Clashfinder and Nialler but I thought it was longer. I'm not sure about the length but definitely not more than two hours. And they didn't do it for me either.

The Cure on the other hand I remember as if it were yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It just felt long! Sagged hugely in the middle. I looked at the stage times and it says 10.30 to 12.00 on Clashfinder and Nialler but I thought it was longer. I'm not sure about the length but definitely not more than two hours. And they didn't do it for me either.

Was Underworld on before Pulp, I remember sound problems during Pulp's set, the left speakers were cutting out at times.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Was Underworld on before Pulp, I remember sound problems during Pulp's set, the left speakers were cutting out at times.
    Yeah they were, 8.30 to 9.45 it says. I didn't see them. Can't be fun for any band to follow Underworld's demolition of the speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

MadYaker wrote: »
    Im ordering one of these bad boys for Glastonbury but it'll be good for picnic too. Stays dark and cool on the inside for morning sleep ins. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-freshblack-tent-3-man-id_8357355.html

I think last year they only did a pop up one which is no good for bringing on a plane.

give us a review when ya get this, i'm skeptical if it can really keep it dark and cool. but if it works, i'm definitely getting one for glasto. no hotels nearby :-(

i can't stand the heat and noise in the morning, ruins my festivals if i have to camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Is that a decent record? I only know the first three albums. Maybe a mistake to lose touch after?
    It's brilliant, my favourite. Johnny's in top form, some savage lyrics. You should give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Anyone have any decent tent suggestions? For two people and two decent sized bags most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

give us a review when ya get this, i'm skeptical if it can really keep it dark and cool. but if it works, i'm definitely getting one for glasto. no hotels nearby :-(

i can't stand the heat and noise in the morning, ruins my festivals if i have to camp.

I actually forgot about this but I'll order it today since I'm buying loads of other stuff as well. Ill let you know!

If you're camping you should get ear plugs. The campsites are never really that quiet.

Advertisement