Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Have given the EP spotify playlist (that someone here shared) a good listen over the last few days and have come up with below list. Few acts surprised me. Krept @ Konan were in my bottom section, (acts I have no interest in seeing), but after listening to more of their material I'm now marking them as an act to seek out.

Hopefully the schedule will be kind and won't miss many of my must sees. Looking forward to further announcements to see where they'll slot into my plans.
    (Acts in no particular order. Just lashed them in in order that they came up on shuffle)

Must Sees
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Perfume Genius
    Father John Misty
    Band of Horses
    Corner Boy
    London Grammar
    Pete Tong

Interested
    All We Are
    Duran Duran
    Rag'n'Bone Man
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The xx
    Car Seat Headrest
    Madness
    Goat Girl
    Phantogram
    Krept & Konan
    Nix Moon
    The Pretenders
    Hudson Taylor
    Interpol
    Japandroids
    Parquet Courts
    Real Estate

Neutral
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Soulwax
    Mano Le Tough
    Pond
    Kiasmos
    The Divine Comedy

No Interest
    Run The Jewels
    Chaka Khan
    Vince Staples
    Section Boyz
    Created By Comets
    Kelly Lee Owens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    The The with Johnny. Imagine. I'm not sure if I can think of an act I would be more excited to see. I can dream. I'm putting Dusk on now.
    Is that a decent record? I only know the first three albums. Maybe a mistake to lose touch after?
    It's brilliant, my favourite. Johnny's in top form, some savage lyrics. You should give it a whirl.
    Don't know why I never bothered with Dusk back in the day, especially as I adored the first two and loved a lot of the third. Loads of great tracks on it, doesn't strike me as strong as Soul Mining or Infected yet but that may change. Thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Have given the EP spotify playlist (that someone here shared) a good listen over the last few days and have come up with below list. Few acts surprised me. Krept @ Konan were in my bottom section, (acts I have no interest in seeing), but after listening to more of their material I'm now marking them as an act to seek out.

Hopefully the schedule will be kind and won't miss many of my must sees. Looking forward to further announcements to see where they'll slot into my plans.
    (Acts in no particular order. Just lashed them in in order that they came up on shuffle)

Must Sees
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Perfume Genius
    Father John Misty
    Band of Horses
    Corner Boy
    London Grammar
    Pete Tong

Interested
    All We Are
    Duran Duran
    Rag'n'Bone Man
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The xx
    Car Seat Headrest
    Madness
    Goat Girl
    Phantogram
    Krept & Konan
    Nix Moon
    The Pretenders
    Hudson Taylor
    Interpol
    Japandroids
    Parquet Courts
    Real Estate

Neutral
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Soulwax
    Mano Le Tough
    Pond
    Kiasmos
    The Divine Comedy

No Interest
    Run The Jewels
    Chaka Khan
    Vince Staples
    Section Boyz
    Created By Comets
    Kelly Lee Owens

I would actually put Kelly Lee Owens (loving her album), Run the Jewels, Vince Staples (was one of my highlights at Glastonbury last year, had great banter with the crowd), Kiasmos, Young Father's and Floating Points among my must sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No interest in seeing Run The Jewels? That's criminal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Neutral
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Soulwax
    Mano Le Tough
    Pond
    Kiasmos
    The Divine Comedy

Your "neutral" looks (to my eyes) like a very decent festival all on its own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

I went to see Floating Points set last month at a festival and was sorely disappointed. I dipped in and out of the tent he was playing in to give him a chance but it was just generic cheesy house playing throughout his 3 hour set. Worlds away from his great 'Nuit Sonores' 'ARP3' sounds.

hoodini89 wrote: »
    I went to see Floating Points set last month at a festival and was sorely disappointed. I dipped in and out of the tent he was playing in to give him a chance but it was just generic cheesy house playing throughout his 3 hour set. Worlds away from his great 'Nuit Sonores' 'ARP3' sounds.
    Just wondering was it a DJ or live band set?

sorry not sure why that posted three times

• Advertisement

Not seen him DJ-ing but caught his live set at Field Day last year and it was excellent. I'd expect more of the same at EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

MadYaker wrote: »
    No interest in seeing Run The Jewels? That's criminal!

I don't think RTJ really work on 'record', it's heavy going and if you're not really into that sort of music, it might not suck you in.

I think it's going to be an epic gig though, it's near the top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Must Sees
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Perfume Genius
    Father John Misty
    Band of Horses
    Corner Boy
    London Grammar
    Pete Tong

Interested
    All We Are
    Duran Duran
    Rag'n'Bone Man
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The xx
    Car Seat Headrest
    Madness
    Goat Girl
    Phantogram
    Krept & Konan
    Nix Moon
    The Pretenders
    Hudson Taylor
    Interpol
    Japandroids
    Parquet Courts
    Real Estate

Neutral
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Soulwax
    Mano Le Tough
    Pond
    Kiasmos
    The Divine Comedy

No Interest
    Run The Jewels
    Chaka Khan
    Vince Staples
    Section Boyz
    Created By Comets
    Kelly Lee Owens

Car Seat Headrest were great in the Academy recently - though hopefully they won't have as many broken strings at the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Must Sees
    Michael Kiwanuka
    Perfume Genius
    Father John Misty
    Band of Horses
    Corner Boy
    London Grammar
    Pete Tong

Interested
    All We Are
    Duran Duran
    Rag'n'Bone Man
    A Tribe Called Quest
    The xx
    Car Seat Headrest
    Madness
    Goat Girl
    Phantogram
    Krept & Konan
    Nix Moon
    The Pretenders
    Hudson Taylor
    Interpol
    Japandroids
    Parquet Courts
    Real Estate

Neutral
    Floating Points
    Young Fathers
    Soulwax
    Mano Le Tough
    Pond
    Kiasmos
    The Divine Comedy

No Interest
    Run The Jewels
    Chaka Khan
    Vince Staples
    Section Boyz
    Created By Comets
    Kelly Lee Owens

Michael Kiwanuka!! Absolute quality!!

https://youtu.be/aMZ4QL0orw0

Some goodies at the OnBlackheath festival in London the week after EP. I don't think they shared any acts in 2016 but they did in the previous couple of years. Libertines, De La Soul & Steve Mason would be very welcome.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/170424a.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Some goodies at the OnBlackheath festival in London the week after EP. I don't think they shared any acts in 2016 but they did in the previous couple of years. Libertines, De La Soul & Steve Mason would be very welcome.

I see Seasick Steve is playing, he would be a welcomed additon

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Will smith and dj jazzy jeff to play a festival in Blackpool weekend before EP.. That would be a cool addition to EP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Will smith and dj jazzy jeff to play a festival in Blackpool weekend before EP.. That would be a cool addition to EP

That would bankrupt Electric Ireland, it would however be completely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

All the boardsies on stage doing their Carlton dance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/17/170424a.shtml

Not a bad lineup for £90, i'd take Jesca Hoop too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Ya think?? I would've taught the opposite.. regardless yes it wud definitely be worth it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Is Floating Points doing a DJ set at EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Says 'solo live' on the ole poster - whatever that means. 
    Assume he'll be there in person, twiddle a few knobs & play his own tunes rather than someone else's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Benicassim festival.

Would love to see Temples back at the EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well it looks like a bit of a wait until the next announcement now and it seems most Irish festivals have been announced so far and its gone all quiet for multiple stage events anyway. I'm constantly buzzing over to Efestivals forums to see if any of the late August events have announced new acts but its gone all quiet there too. I might start throwing up some mini bios of the acts in the line up at some point to keep the thread alive until the next announcement, worth looking at some groups and acts lives dates touring Aug/Sept to see if they accidentally put Strabally in there. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I read yesterday that Glitter tits are all the rage at this years festivals. Hopefully see a few at the picnic http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/articles/a35299/glitter-tits/

Takes the pressure off us lads a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Glitter

Oh dear sweet baby jesus, that's just wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yer wan in the last pic has a glitter box too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

something something sweaty wet glittery toilet seats something something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Looks like a lot of work.

Advertisement