Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

In other news, I'm liking what I'm reading about Soulwax's live show... a 2ManyDJ's set somewhere over the weekend would go down nicely too

Review of their recent Manchester gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I read yesterday that Glitter tits are all the rage at this years festivals. Hopefully see a few at the picnic http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/articles/a35299/glitter-tits/

Takes the pressure off us lads a bit..

They wouldn't be the worst trend although I'd say the glittery girlos would be feeling a bit nippy in the usual EP chill in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I read yesterday that Glitter tits are all the rage at this years festivals. Hopefully see a few at the picnic http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/articles/a35299/glitter-tits/

Takes the pressure off us lads a bit..

Apparently the glitter is so toxic that as soon as you apply it to your skin it makes you stick out your tongue. Be careful out there kids!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Apparently the glitter is so toxic that as soon as you apply it to your skin it makes you stick out your tongue. Be careful out there kids!

Yeah, it makes your nipples really itchy too..I mean, so I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I heard a few tunes from Joe Goddard's debut album (of Hot Chip) on BBC Radio 6. I liked what I heard and gave it a spin last night. Sounds pretty good* and definitely EP type sounds (whatever that means). Looking at his tour dates he is at Lost Village Festival the week before EP and Festival No. , the week after. There is a clear gap there ...

I reckon he is a dead cert for EP.

*Reviews out on the interwebs are not terribly positive, so shows what I know. There is nothing groundbreaking going on but I reckon will be good solid festival fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I heard a few tunes from Joe Goddard's debut album (of Hot Chip) on BBC Radio 6. I liked what I heard and gave it a spin last night. Sounds pretty good* and definitely EP type sounds (whatever that means). Looking at his tour dates he is at Lost Village Festival the week before EP and Festival No. , the week after. There is a clear gap there ...

I reckon he is a dead cert for EP.

*Reviews out on the interwebs are not terribly positive, so shows what I know. There is nothing groundbreaking going on but I reckon will be good solid festival fodder.

Was listening to it myself last night, really good. Love the tune home but there's not a dud song on the album . Would love to see him... with the amount of times hot chip are at ep surely he's a dead cert like you say!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So that looks like the Avalanches are ruled out of the Picnic now, announced for a show in Dublin on 16th June.

http://nialler9.com/the-avalanches-are-finally-playing-an-irish-show/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would like to see Joe Goddard added and would have to think he is likely. Between Hot Chip and the 2 Bears there can't be many picnics that he has missed!

Would like to see Joe Goddard added and would have to think he is likely. Between Hot Chip and the 2 Bears there can't be many picnics that he has missed!

He played in Dublin paddys weekend. I'm always late to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

he only ever played DJ sets, this is his new live set. looks alright. hope he plays 'taking over'

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Car Seat Headrest are now on the list having watched the Coachella video. Really like them. Thanks for sharing. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Todd terje playing Dublin 16th of June. Makes me sad. Too much on in june to go to him. Ffs... does that deffo rule him out for ep then?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Rfrip wrote: »
    Todd terje playing Dublin 16th of June. Makes me sad. Too much on in june to go to him. Ffs... does that deffo rule him out for ep then?

Expect so. Hardly likely to play two years on the trot any road.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Expect so. Hardly likely to play two years on the trot any road.

Shame..he was one of my highlights last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When's the next batch of acts announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

BOHtox wrote: »
    When's the next batch of acts announced?

June

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

June

Actual source for that or picking it from yer hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Actual source for that or picking it from yer hole?

Scruff, gotta love your responses on this thread, they're unique I'll give ya that :P

Judging by previous years I would bet the next announcement will be June.

• Advertisement

Maybe they will surprise us and announce mid May. They announced mid May in 2015 would be nice.

There seems to be some great electronic artists floating around Europe who could grace the stage at EP. Richie Hawtin has a gap in his schedule between Creamfields on 26th August and a gig in Ibiza on the 4th September.

Dave Clark, Joy Orbison, Mr Ozio, Rohad, Ben UFO playing Pukkelpop and Ben Klock, Talaboman, Cashmere Cat and The Bloody Beetroots (Live) playing Lowlands festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

There seems to be some great electronic artists floating around Europe who could grace the stage at EP. [...] Richie Hawtin [...] Dave Clark, Joy Orbison, Mr Ozio, Rohad, Ben UFO playing Pukkelpop and Ben Klock, Talaboman, Cashmere Cat and The Bloody Beetroots (Live)

Still waiting on you mentioning those great electronic artists ;)

(j/k - I'm a big fan of Joy O and Mr Oizo, though neither of them really have a live setup)

MJohnston wrote: »
    Still waiting on you mentioning those great electronic artists ;)

(j/k - I'm a big fan of Joy O and Mr Oizo, though neither of them really have a live setup)

When Hawtin played the last time it was an amazing gig at the Little Big Tent in 2012, I couldn't get in for the first half hour as it was so rammed, Matador who followed was also amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is that Mr Ozio as in Flat Eric fame? Has he ever played?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Todd Terje

There seems to be some great electronic artists floating around Europe who could grace the stage at EP. [...] Richie Hawtin [...]
    Dave Clark, Joy Orbison, Mr Ozio, Rohad, Ben UFO playing Pukkelpop and Ben Klock, Talaboman, Cashmere Cat and The Bloody Beetroots (Live) playing Lowlands festival.

Ben Klock is playing a 4hr set in District 8 on July 30th so that could rule him out.

Would like to see Talaboman added. Could be possible since we got John Talabot last year. Also don't see any Irish dates scheduled for him or Axel Boman.

Some additions to Rock en Seine the weekend before EP.

IMG_20170427_213653.thumb.jpg.339558cb1fcc34f13b51b511ecb9fd89.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very much want Slowdive to be added, new album is good

Some additions to Rock en Seine the weekend before EP.

IMG_20170427_213653.thumb.jpg.339558cb1fcc34f13b51b511ecb9fd89.jpg

Marc de Marco please!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

#fyrefestival

This is going to be comical

Advertisement