Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If Flume gets added i can see him getting one of the late night dance slots

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Surely At The Drive In will be added..........................NOT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So the Skids are playing the Academy in Dublin on 26th May so probably won't be at the Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Little Dragon are playing Vicar St in October so that probably rules them out, I know they were one I wanted to see and I think you were the same bodhrandude.

Little Dragon are playing Vicar St in October so that probably rules them out, I know they were one I wanted to see and I think you were the same bodhrandude.

Yeah their Coachella set was brilliant, loving that new track Sweet, a wicked energy when played live. That gig is in October though so still in with a chance depending whether they are within commuting distance for EP, the last time they played an Irish festival was Body & Soul in 2012. A lethal performance at EP could sell out their October gig so they could still play if they want to showcase the new material. A good example of this is Florence and the Machine, they played EP 2015 and played sold out gigs in Dublin afterwards as well.

• Advertisement

This is the only live clip I could find of Sweet, but they would be mighty at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone listen to All we are yet? Just getting round to them. Love their new one, Human, real 80's feel to it, a bit A Housey. But their previous stuff sounds completely different, far more polished, not nearly as interesting. Anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Some additions to Rock en Seine the weekend before EP.

IMG_20170427_213653.thumb.jpg.339558cb1fcc34f13b51b511ecb9fd89.jpg

J&MC must be nailed on for EP, Flume, Slowdive and PJ Harvey would be very welcome as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Poorside wrote: »
    J&MC must be nailed on for EP, Flume, Slowdive and PJ Harvey would be very welcome as well.

They are doing a show in Vicar St later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Festival No6 is the week after and The flaming lips are headlining it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »

Sounds like people with more money than sense.

Had to post this tweet, sorry for taking EP thread of discussion but its worth for this tweet.

?width=630&version=3365635

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

one thins is for certain these should be mandatory in the campsite
    http://odditymall.com/glow-in-the-dark-tent-rope

Sounds like people with more money than sense.

In fairness though, the girl in the link that I posted only paid $500 for a ticket which included flights and accommodation. Hardly living the high life. That said, the cost of some of the ticket/packages sounded ridiculous.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    one thins is for certain these should be mandatory in the campsite
    http://odditymall.com/glow-in-the-dark-tent-rope

Imagine a field full of those! :D It'd be like a lazer light show.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

slowdive on an extensive european tour but no irish date yet-sounds like EP to me! (he hopes)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

That would be great. Saw them previously at EP not long after they reformed.
    Were excellent. Real ethereal beauty.

Saw an article in New York Times about Mac DeMarco. Never really heard of this dude before. Not totally my cup of tea, but enough to probably see what he is like live. Others may be more interested. Here's the link:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/arts/music/mac-demarco-this-old-dog-interview.html?emc=edit_th_20170430&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=55814902&_r=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

mgkelly wrote: »
    Saw an article in New York Times about Mac DeMarco. Never really heard of this dude before. Not totally my cup of tea, but enough to probably see what he is like live. Others may be more interested. Here's the link:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/27/arts/music/mac-demarco-this-old-dog-interview.html?emc=edit_th_20170430&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=55814902&_r=0

He played EP a couple of years ago. Was ok, didn't think the songs came across as well in a live setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Already has a Dublin show announced too

Sorry, forgot, he's on 'wishlist' for some, not a definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

He played EP a couple of years ago. Was ok, didn't think the songs came across as well in a live setting.
    I enjoyed that show though I know what you mean. Some sound problems and maybe the band weren't on full form after a long Summer. I'd seen him a few months earlier at Field Day in London and he was much stronger then. Him & the band were completely caned, they was playing the main stage on a very sunny afternoon and were very chaotic, messing about bring friends and family on stage and then jumping into the crowd for a couple of numbers. Really messy but funny and good-natured so it suited the mood. Tunes sounded great also. Reckon a return EP gig could be very good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Mac Demarco is a weird one for me - everything logical says he should be entirely in my wheelhouse but I've never enjoyed listening to his music. Similar to Owen Pallett in that regard (and I've really really tried to get into Pallett's music).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I enjoyed that show though I know what you mean. Some sound problems and maybe the band weren't on full form after a long Summer. I'd seen him a few months earlier at Field Day in London and he was much stronger then. Him & the band were completely caned, they was playing the main stage on a very sunny afternoon and were very chaotic, messing about bring friends and family on stage and then jumping into the crowd for a couple of numbers. Really messy but funny and good-natured so it suited the mood. Tunes sounded great also. Reckon a return EP gig could be very good indeed.

Yeah that's entirely possible. I've not see him apart from that so nothing to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any hope of Carl Cox playing he's in Belfast the weekend before, hasn't played down here in 8/9 years I'd say..we've got Pete Tong with the Ibiza theme, wouldn't really be Ibiza without Carl...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Jay Z's made in america festival lineup out which is the same weekend as EP and has stolen many acts that would have played EP I think, like Grimes last year.

not much crossover, i can't imagine many of those hiphop acts were ever playing EP. but we're not getting little dragon. surprised to see RTJ there, that's a long flight to play both EP and this.... gulp

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-wPUy8XkAASCYn.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Pretty much guarantees Run the Jewels are playing EP on Friday so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Currently sitting in an airport so I decided to put a prediction together. This is based on very little fact or knowledge but it's the kind of status of bands I can see being announced (and I'd like to see).

Tim Darcy
    Jamie t (I'm like the cliche of a Liverpool fan saying "this is our year")
    Kid karate
    Beach house
    Benjamin booker
    Villagers
    Bonobo
    Slow riot
    Delorentos
    Broken social scene
    Christine & the queens
    Whitney
    Cry monster cry
    The drums
    Blood orange
    Everything everything
    Frightened rabbit
    Hamilton Leithauser
    The horrors
    Joe Goddard
    Lost under heaven
    Miike Snow
    Haim
    Polica
    White lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Jay Z's made in america festival lineup out which is the same weekend as EP and has stolen many acts that would have played EP I think, like Grimes last year.

not much crossover, i can't imagine many of those hiphop acts were ever playing EP. but we're not getting little dragon. surprised to see RTJ there, that's a long flight to play both EP and this.... gulp

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-wPUy8XkAASCYn.jpg:large

who off that do you think would have played EP?

Advertisement