Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Salty Dog is definitely my favourite thing in the woods. Girl Band there a few years ago was incredible.

Other Voices is a nice idea but it's usually too packed to see anything 'cos it's tiny. Booka Brass Band there a few years back was good but there was more people outside the church than in it.

Trenchtown is a cool vibe but not my kind of music at all so I don't usually spend much time there.

Those Charming men were brilliant at the Salty Dog last year, great start to the weekend.
    Got very lucky and saw Hozier in OV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Poorside wrote: »
    Those Charming men were brilliant at the Salty Dog last year, great start to the weekend.
    Got very lucky and saw Hozier in OV.

Yep, These Charming Men were the ideal first act. Saw them again at the weekend in the Opium Rooms, fantastic stuff. They should be regulars in Stradbally. I had my first look at Other Voices last year, Julia Jacklin and Margaret Glaspy, both brilliant. I'll definitely be having a look at what this latest batch have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Trenchtown couldn't have been more chilled, few marleys and cocktails sitting by the beach in the sun after a hard days night.
    Trailer park found very good...always seemed to be some kind of messing going on....New Years Eve party and the like..

Trenchtown and Salty Dog are great areas with good music and an interesting crowd.

Not bothered with Other Voices and the lineup just went over my head.
    Karl Blau was excellent there last year, nice venue also. Missed Julia Jacklin but she may be back in the main arena this year as she's playing End of the Road. Only hassle was the delay getting through security on the way back in so not ideal unless you're heading there for a couple of acts or to Salty/Trenchtown/Hazel Wood also.

I also have to confess to drawing a blank on the OVs acts this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jafari and Soulé both look great at first glance. Hare Squead last year, things looking good for young Irish hip-hop. Not really my usual thing but EP brings out the experimentalist in me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Smash hits playing electric Ireland tent...

Have they been announced for this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

Does anyone know if pink moon put more tents on sale nearer the time? I went there last 3 years and couldn't go to the festival in normal camping again. Alternatively if anyone here is trying to sell a 2 man pink moon tent/tipi please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

showpony1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if pink moon put more tents on sale nearer the time? I went there last 3 years and couldn't go to the festival in normal camping again. Alternatively if anyone here is trying to sell a 2 man pink moon tent/tipi please let me know

I really don't think so, they've got a limited space and it's not worth their while fcuking about like that. Keep checking their site though as there could be cancellations and defo in the run up there'll be people who put down deposits and never paid off the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No I just wanted an excuse to play freed from desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They played the Throwback Electric Ireland tent last year they opened for their idols SNAP, I wasn't there just heard, was probably at main stage or EA, one of these places.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So who do you think is gonna get announced next, maybe not Aphex Twin but maybe The Tuss, Polygon Window, Pac Man or Bradley Strider will get announced :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

So who do you think is gonna get announced next, maybe not Aphex Twin but maybe The Tuss, Polygon Window, Pac Man or Bradley Strider will get announced :D:D:D

I'm holding out for Bowie and the Clash, anything else will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very hard to predict, was full of guesses for the first announcement and got most of them completely wrong so who knows! We will hopefully get a few EA headliners and late evening main stage acts.

This is who we got for the last two years, if we got similar standard announcements I think most would be happy:

Noel Gallaghers HFB The 1975 Nas
    The Shins Bat for Lashes Catfish & Bottlemen Local Narives Joey Badass
    Editors John Talabot Toots & the Maytals DJ EZ Mura Masa
    Kano Kevin Morby **** Robot Jessy Lanza Little Simz
    Whitney Frankie Cosmos Lemaitre Pumarosa

Blur Sam Smith Grace Jones
    FKA Twigs Interpol Despacio Paul Kalkbrenner Yasiin Bey Mac Demarco
    Printer Clips MK Julio Bashmore Gavin James Riptide Movement The 2 Bears
    Benjamin Clemantine Dawes Soak Viet Cong
    Fat White Family Honne Fickle Friends Kwamie Liv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Confirmation of Phoenix and a few strong possibilities - Two Door Cinema Club, Mary Chain, PJ Harvey, Libertines, Slowdive, Moonlandingz, Lemon Twigs, Mac DeMarco, Let's Eat Grandma, Beak>, Buzzcocks, Sunflower Bean and Ash. Could still be a surprise top tier act but I'd not wager on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Smash hits playing electric Ireland tent...

Fark Smash hits naff!! You'll have slightly closer to the real deal with Pete Tong and the Orchestra!! Blow Jenny Greene out of the water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah it's on Spotify now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seen as there's some UK grime already, what's the chance of Dizzee Rascal..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Totally off topic, but I heard a smashing track form a band I had not heard of before on Marc Riley's show t'other night.

Snapped Ankles - I Want my Minutes Back

Apparently bizarrely brilliant live also. http://quaysnews.net/index.php/2017/05/02/review-sftoc17-snapped-ankles/

This would make a great Little Big Tent Act I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ah ffs... bonobo added to body and soul. Gutted!!

London Grammar and Future Islands on Jools Holland tonight.
    And a highlight of EP for me from a few year back, Benjamin Booker is on Later live next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

And a highlight of EP for me from a few year back, Benjamin Booker is on Later live next Tuesday.

He was ****ing excellent in 2014, i'd only heard of him through an article on another festival which listed him at the time as one of the must see acts.

Was up front at the railing for it, crackin set, album was bought on the Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Outstanding stuff from London Grammar.

The two guys sax and drums (Binker and Moses) were also amazing, what a drummer. Blondie were not so good IMO. Still a great episode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I remember someone on this recommended Benjamin Booker and i was glad i seen him so much energy and great set

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

I'd love to see Black Grape added in June
    New album out in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

I remember someone on this recommended Benjamin Booker and i was glad i seen him so much energy and great set

And let's not forget his jumping into the crowd, out the side of the tent, over the barrier and back onto the stage. Rock and ****ing roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Would it be outragous to suggest that Francis & The Lights is one of the bigger names that appear in the next announcement?

Charlie wrote: »
    Would it be outragous to suggest that Francis & The Lights is one of the bigger names that appear in the next announcement?

I was waiting for him to be announced for the Monday of forbidden fruit but doesn't seem likely at this late stage.Would love to see him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Rfrip wrote: »
    I was waiting for him to be announced for the Monday of forbidden fruit but doesn't seem likely at this late stage.Would love to see him!

With it being Bon Iver curated, I was certain he would be added to FF. His absence on that lineup is one of the (small) things that has me speculating (hoping) that he's Picnic bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

room_149 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Black Grape added in June
    New album out in the summer.
    First release off it, is a wee funky belter. :)
    NSFW.

• Advertisement

Really liking perfume genius. Didn't like him on the first few listens but he's really grown on me

Advertisement