Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tickets in hand, can't beat your local Ticketmaster, no code required : )

Shop said they were busy with them all afternoon, feeing the early bird allocation won't be as big as last year, I wouldn't be snoozing get down to your local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yeah, surely Pink Moon would like to charge extra money themselves for another night in their tents?
    The had it on the PMC website yesterday that early entrance was €10 in but not there today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

PBB wrote: »
    Perhaps slightly more realistic, Pavement do a 25th anniversary of Slanted and Enchanted tour.

I think I might faint if that was announced.

Anyone else see them at the Rock Garden - possibly in 94?

Yes and you're right - '94 as per this hot press review... http://www.hotpress.com/music/reviews/live/PAVEMENT/470110.html

Seen Stephen Malkmus twice in last couple of years - at the Picnic 2 years ago and in Austin, TX last year. He didn't do it at Picnic but he's taken to playing some pavement tunes in the encore... well worth seeing either way.

However - my wish list of reunion events for Picnic 2017 are

- Sonic Youth
    - Pavement
    - That Petrol Emotion
    - An Emotional Fish
    - The Golden Horde

Already planning to see Dinosaur Jr in November, but they'd be welcome back as well....

The Petrols have formed a new band (minus Steve Mack) and go under the name The Everlasting Yeah. One album out and another on the way. Be cool to see them at Jerry Fish's tent, Salty Dog or Other Voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Nick cave will be a certainty for next year.

I think the line up will be poorer again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Beck will be touring a new album next summer too, high probability he'll be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bowlardo wrote: »

Whoops for the positive start to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Would love to see Despacio make an appearance again. Anybody heard any news on it lately? Has it been sidelined with LCD touring and working on a new album?

Also, Soulwax/2ManyDjs are always a great addition

Anyone know if all discounted tickets are gone or is it just a TM prob? Friend just tried booking with 3+code and its saying there are no more tickets left on that promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Toulouse wrote: »
    Joplin??

Going to buy my tickets now regardless of who is playing, I've had FOMO allll day.

No. Eco campsite. Friday night/Saturday Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Synode wrote: »
    Would love to see Despacio make an appearance again. Anybody heard any news on it lately? Has it been sidelined with LCD touring and working on a new album?

Also, Soulwax/2ManyDjs are always a great addition

So would I but with LCD doing a full tour next year id say it's unlikely.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    So would I but with LCD doing a full tour next year id say it's unlikely.

Murphy loves Ireland. Be great if LCD came back again

Bowlardo wrote: »

How can you say that with Nick Cave involved!! [shaking head after beers,no offence intended :) ] If he was the only one there it would be worth it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I'd give my left nut to have LCD back. Failing that I'd take another Murphy DJ set. His opening line this year was great "This must be our... 4 billionth picnic."

Did you not watch their set on Saturday no? Murphy said they'll be back next year with new music. But I think its safe to assume back to Ireland and not back to Picnic. 3 arena id say.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Did you not watch their set on Saturday no? Murphy said they'll be back next year with new music. But I think its safe to assume back to Ireland and not back to Picnic. 3 arena id say.

I did (and what a set it was) but don't remember that in particular (I was well on by then). I'll be there if/when they do

Despacio or LCD all good by me. Think Murphy will be there anyway. Anyone raising on a left nut??

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Quick googling of upcoming album releases etc has this as a starter list of realistic possibles for 2017 - just 4 or 5 of these would be great I reckon

Nick Cave
    Stone Roses (Noel G slot)
    Angel Olsen
    Radiohead
    Danny Brown
    Beck
    Bon Iver
    Wilco
    War paint
    Preoccupations (aka Viet Cong)
    Jagwar Ma
    Sun Kil Moon
    AlunaGeorge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Hey I've got a 1-2 loyalty code. Have been to 3 but usual nonsense from TM. Not going next year so happy to pass on the code. First to PM.

**code gone**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Quick googling of upcoming album releases etc has this as a starter list of realistic possibles for 2017 - just 4 or 5 of these would be great I reckon

Nick Cave
    Stone Roses (Noel G slot)
    Angel Olsen
    Radiohead
    Danny Brown
    Beck
    Bon Iver
    Wilco
    War paint
    Preoccupations (aka Viet Cong)
    Jagwar Ma
    Sun Kil Moon
    AlunaGeorge

Any and all of these please.

I'm gonna stick with the policy of not mentioning the r-word (though we're surely overdue an Irish show by now, right?)

Nick Cave, Bon Iver and Preoccupations would be particularly welcome (mainly because I've seen Beck, Wilco and the Stone Roses over the last 2 years!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'm gonna stick with the policy of not mentioning the r-word (though we're surely overdue an Irish show by now, right?)

I'd rather they play their own gig than the Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Effects wrote: »
    I'd rather they play their own gig than the Picnic.

Same - I'm just not sure where.

The last time they played in Ireland was Malahide Castle was it?

I feel like a show in the 3 Arena would sell out in no time at all so I may struggle to get tickets, but a big outdoor venue wouldn't be ideal I don't think. It's hard to gauge the demand - you'd presume they'd sell out some big shows, but Ireland is hard to predict. But Radiohead play so infrequently that you'd fancy a lot of people to travel to see them...

Marlay Park would be the most likely I'd say. I've seen great and terrible gigs there so wouldn't be my first choice.

How about a residency in the Olympia for, say, 20 nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Neither of my reunion dreams will ever happen.

The Smiths or The Communards.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Same - I'm just not sure where.

The last time they played in Ireland was Malahide Castle was it?

I feel like a show in the 3 Arena would sell out in no time at all so I may struggle to get tickets, but a big outdoor venue wouldn't be ideal I don't think. It's hard to gauge the demand - you'd presume they'd sell out some big shows, but Ireland is hard to predict. But Radiohead play so infrequently that you'd fancy a lot of people to travel to see them...

Marlay Park would be the most likely I'd say. I've seen great and terrible gigs there so wouldn't be my first choice.

How about a residency in the Olympia for, say, 20 nights?

Saw them at Nos Alive in July-as much as I enjoyed it I left with the feeling that I would far prefer a couple of nights at the Point

Id like a bit of The Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, The Beautiful South, Nick Cave. You'd know Féile was my first outing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Mate of mine was wondering if you do the installment plan do you get charged the service charge each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Mate of mine was wondering if you do the installment plan do you get charged the service charge each time?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sadie06 wrote: »
    Neither of my reunion dreams will ever happen.

The Smiths or The Communards.

Sad but true. Johnny's had a go. Any chance Moz would give it a whirl? I think the picnic would suit him down to the ground. Himself and the Pixies would keep me happy next year. I'm a man of simple tastes. Maybe if A House could get together too. That's not asking too much, is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they are still touring by next year id love to see these lads return to headline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Had quite a time at them in '14.

• Advertisement

They were great at Glastonbury too, id love to see them headline. It probably can't happen until their next tour so id say 2018 at the earliest?

Advertisement