Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Had Grizzly Bear down as a possible on my first stab at a lineup prediction.

Can't see it happening at this stage but the new song sounds decent.

I wouldn't write them off yet especially if their new album is out around the time of the festival. A thing I like about EP is they sometimes get acts (like Glass Animals last year or Chvrches in 2015) who are just at the start of a new album tour. 

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Have they ever had stage charisma?
    I have to say I was very impressed with their set last year, the sounds and the visuals were enough for me.
    However,I did momentarily wonder whether the 2 miniscule heads on stage were actually the real Chem Bros, but the amazing visuals, block rockin' beats & atmosphere made me soon forget my curiosity.

I was going to ask what kind of charisma would you be looking for from such a set-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

I was going to ask what kind of charisma would you be looking for from such a set-up?
    Charisma was probably the wrong word to use I guess!!
    I've just found their Live PA dull compared to the other Electronic Acts they broke through the 90s rave barrier with Bitd to become festival mainstays- eg Bandulu, Leftfield, Orbital, Fluke, pre 97 Porrigdy, pre-coffee table ad Muzak Moby, Basement Jaxx, Utah Saints, Roni Size etc etc
    Shame imo, as unlike many of those mentioned, the Chems output has been constantly excellent and they've remained relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I thought Jenny Lewis was ****e in 2014. Some people loved her but not I.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

ARCADIA

Whose tent do we have to fumigate to get this back? Please please please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I thought Jenny Lewis was ****e in 2014. Some people loved her but not I.

she came on about 10 mins late (owes us 2-3 songs in my book) and then spent time climbing the stage rigging like a child in a playpen, love her stuff but that was dickish (funny but dickish).

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Yeah Arctic Monkeys are disappointing live of late which is a drag because I'm a massive fan.

Didn't help matters that my three mates weren't into them at all & kept muttering about checking out other areas.

Still happily give them a chance to redeem themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Wild Beasts in 2014 was another let-down for me actually.

Came on late, wrong time of day, bad/tiny crowd and very clearly pissed off by all of that, finished up early.

Main stage at 4 in the afternoon for a band ideal to close Body & Soul - real shame but I've never quite enjoyed them as much since.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Came on late, wrong time of day, bad/tiny crowd and very clearly pissed off by all of that, finished up early.

Main stage at 4 in the afternoon for a band ideal to close Body & Soul - real shame but I've never quite enjoyed them as much since.

Big time but I think this was completely down to the organisers. The band did their best but it was an absolutely ridiculous time for them to be on. They closed the main tent at Forbidden Fruit a few years ago and were incredible.

There's an annoying trend for WB to only play festivals here and to be put on very early on main stage each time.

Looks like they're down for the Friday at CastlePalooza too...

Big time but I think this was completely down to the organisers. The band did their best but it was an absolutely ridiculous time for them to be on. They closed the main tent at Forbidden Fruit a few years ago and were incredible.

There's an annoying trend for WB to only play festivals here and to be put on very early on main stage each time.

Looks like they're down for the Friday at CastlePalooza too...

Yeah there's so many bands who fit that bill in Ireland. Shoved in a small tent or at 3pm on a big stage and it totally kills what should be a great show.

Longitude a few years ago had a daytime run of Glass Animals, Jungle and Caribou. Only Jungle managed to make the daylight set-up work IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Does anyone know when/if more acts will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When - No
    If - Certainly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gal44 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when/if more acts will be announced?

it is usually the beginning of june

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One less DJ to make the pilgrimage to EP, Robert Miles, RIP dude. Its sad that the last memory I remember of Children was looking at the RTE clip from last year of Jenny Greene playing it on a CD player in a massive system in a tent with an orchestra.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

One less DJ to make the pilgrimage to EP, Robert Miles, RIP dude. Its sad that the last memory I remember of Children was looking at the RTE clip from last year of Jenny Greene playing it on a CD player in a massive system in a tent with an orchestra.

Even sadder that you're using a guy's death to take another cheap music snob dig at a gig you didn't even attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Even sadder that you're using a guy's death to take another cheap music snob dig at a gig you didn't even attend.

f2a1bd3e998f6566c33ff454e0aae1f2_well-that-escalated-quickly-well-that-escalated-quickly-meme_480-360.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

One less DJ to make the pilgrimage to EP, Robert Miles, RIP dude.  Its sad that the last memory I remember of Children was looking at the RTE clip from last year of Jenny Greene playing it on a CD player in a massive system in a tent with an orchestra.

I don't think he means it that way. Seems like BD is just paying his respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Agreed on slot .. But thought they did great!
    Much preferred that gig than last year's Electric Arena slot .. where I thought they played a very poor setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

keith_d99 wrote: »

Agreed on slot .. But thought they did great!
    Much preferred that gig than last year's Electric Arena slot .. where I thought they played a very poor setlist
    Didn't catch last years EA gig but I thought they were good in 2014, but wholly wrong stage and time. Same thing happened to Bombay Bicycle club that year, maybe even the same afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Didn't catch last years EA gig but I thought they were good in 2014, but wholly wrong stage and time. Same thing happened to Bombay Bicycle club that year, maybe even the same afternoon?

They were good too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Chances on Haim being added? They are in the U.K. on 27th August at Reading and their next gig is the 7th September in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Laura Marling could be another shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Seathrun66 wrote: »

I thought BBC were perfect for that early evening slot, sun was shining and people were dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blurryface

Does anyone reckon there's any chance of The National being added?

They've just announced some tour dates and are playing in Cork and Dublin from 16-18th September. On their website the only gigs they have before that are Glasto and then a Danish festival in the middle of August! Potential slot for EP in there then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Blurryface wrote: »

They've just announced some tour dates and are playing in Cork and Dublin from 16-18th September. On their website the only gigs they have before that are Glasto and then a Danish festival in the middle of August! Potential slot for EP in there then?

Id say they will headline next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

If anyone hears of anyone trying to get rid of 2 man pink moon camping tent or tipi can you pm me please. having a nightmare finding it & don't think I'd be able to go without it after last 3 years of it! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

showpony1 wrote: »
    If anyone hears of anyone trying to get rid of 2 man pink moon camping tent or tipi can you pm me please. having a nightmare finding it & don't think I'd be able to go without it after last 3 years of it! cheers
    I only recently booked a 2 man tent through Hearthworks in the boutique camping, could still be available?

Blurryface wrote: »

Cork Opera House and the PR company that reps them in Dublin have made a pretty big deal about them starting the world tour at the Opera House so it would be unlikely I'd say.

They are headlining Sounds from a Safe Harbour, a festival that Bryce Dessner is curating, in Cork that weekend so adding a bigger headline slot a fortnight before would really undermine that.

Plus the venues seem to be pretty deliberately chosen - Opera House and Vicar Street. Last few gigs here have been much much bigger (Longitude, 3 Arena, Marquee, etc) so I'd say they're more likely to be back playing big outdoor shows in 2018 than this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trenchtown has released their line up.

18403708_10155343947249168_7873373659418448551_n.jpg?oh=2c92229188dcb40516a542c81a0ecff4&oe=5974BDD4

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Trenchtown has released their line up.

18403708_10155343947249168_7873373659418448551_n.jpg?oh=2c92229188dcb40516a542c81a0ecff4&oe=5974BDD4

Ragga Twins Step out!!!

Not missing these boys!

Advertisement