Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

This is my fav one of his, regularly play it at the start on my sets

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Synode wrote: »
    Leftfield doing Leftism would be a great addition

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39870759
    To say I've pointed them out to the organisers "a few times" via various social media outlets etc is to put it mildly:D
    I actually think that EP will have completely arsed up if they haven't signed them up when they are doing Leftism (22!?) They would be amazing.  Saw them at B&S 2015 - played mostly the newer album that night with hints of first 2 albums mixed in. 
    They wouldn't break the bank I would have thought.
    I absolutely agree. They provisionally booked three nights at Brixton Academy & only ended up using two of them so maybe not the draw they once were, even with this special tour.

They were/are available for fests, probably not so expensive as you say and it's a bad omission as that show would be ideal for this year.

Anyway, off to see them in Brixton tomorrow so I'll get my Leftism fix for the year. Would much prefer them in Stradbally though.
    Off topic just for a second .....but how was the Brixton gig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I've love to see Leftfield on the line-up.... I missed them on the original Leftism tour back in '96 (?) with The Chemical Brothers supporting in The Point. The girlfriend brought a mate of her's instead with my ticket..... Was gutted I missed that gig

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

To say I've pointed them out to the organisers "a few times" via various social media outlets etc is to put it mildly:D
    I actually think that EP will have completely arsed up if they haven't signed them up when they are doing Leftism (22!?) They would be amazing.  Saw them at B&S 2015 - played mostly the newer album that night with hints of first 2 albums mixed in. 
    I absolutely agree. They provisionally booked three nights at Brixton Academy & only ended up using two of them so maybe not the draw they once were, even with this special tour.

They were/are available for fests, probably not so expensive as you say and it's a bad omission as that show would be ideal for this year.

Anyway, off to see them in Brixton tomorrow so I'll get my Leftism fix for the year. Would much prefer them in Stradbally though.
    I traveled over last weekend for the Saturday night Leftfield @ Brixton gig. I was blown away by the performance, the visuals, the remixes/extended versions of each track, the sound, the venue itself and the crowd. Its the 9th or 10th time i've seen them, going back to the 96 gig mentioned above with the Chemical Brothers in the old point, and ive never been at a better gig, probably, (and im struggling to think of one), but probably the best gig i've ever been to.
    This year EP Lineup is still missing some big names and i've everything crossed for them to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Leftism gig was great. Only played the album but for 100 mins so extended versions of almost every track. Release The Pressue alone was 15/16 mins, same with Open Up.

Bass was ratling the walls. Again. They got banned from Brixton ten years ago for that, did some slight damage to the structure. They tried again on Sat.

Atmosphere unsurprisingly mad, and a special gig. But I've got to say that I still preferred them at EP in 2010. And they're still available, 14 weeks to the fest, no better year to get them when playing Leftism so here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Maybe we should start a petition....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

SachaJ wrote: »
    Maybe we should start a petition....:cool:
    If you dont ask you dont get !!
    Contact EP & festival republic and let them know.who you want ...... it might just work

Thanks Spaceshanty & Seathrun66 for the Brixton info - sounds like a great gig.
    EP / Festival Republic - BOOK THEM !!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Contact EP & festival republic and let them know.who you want ...... it might just work

They could ask Enda to do the vocals on 'Open Up' now that he's got some free time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ralph rolle, the drummer from chic is going to be at the theatre of food thing at electric picnic... can we expect chic in next announcement so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ralph rolle, the drummer from chic is going to be at the theatre of food thing at electric picnic... can we expect chic in next announcement so?

Doubt it, he was there last year as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Paddy2012 wrote: »

I wouldn't write them off yet especially if their new album is out around the time of the festival. A thing I like about EP is they sometimes get acts (like Glass Animals last year or Chvrches in 2015) who are just at the start of a new album tour.

They've just announced a gig at Vicar St for October, i guess that gives them a slight possibility of playing EP too. Didn't Glass Animals play the Picnic and a gig around October last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suppose we'll get the announcement of an announcement in the last weekend of May, probably on the week after Forbidden Fruit would be my guess.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

There was a great interview on BBC 6 today all about the making of leftism. It will be tragedy if they are not there this year. Bigger than O'Driscoll getting dropped for the last test for the Lions
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08prxp5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

The bass and volume for their 10' gig was absolutely savage :) I was putting a can or something on the ground the bass was insane closer to ground level, keep in mind I was good bit from the front and it was an outdoor gig.

EP10 wasn't a good EP for me personally, the wind and rain, partied way waaay too hard Saturday+ night, someone took a 9" long 3" diameter ****e between and uphill of our tents, ruined all our stuff, tent sleeping bags, clothes etc. Slept in the car sat and Sun.
    Would love to see Leftfield & Massive attack added!! Two bands that played that year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I've a feeling sound garden might get added......too soon...i'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Fatfrog wrote: »

It's Soundgarden. It's too soon. It's woefully predictable. Still, if it made you giggle.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Sad!

...Even sadder that you're using a guy's death to take another cheap music snob dig at a gig you didn't even attend.

sorry .. wrong post(er)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

I reckon Robert Miles is a shoo-in for Electric Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^^
    Very distasteful.
    Not funny..
    Can't think of why people would post sh1te like that.. wtf's the matter with yous?

RIP Chris Cornell - what a voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Clown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

Chasing Abby just announced themselves as playing EP on the Dermot & Dave show on Today FM

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ATCQ have cancelled Roskilde due to Q Tip injuring his shoulder but presume he will be fine for Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ATCQ have cancelled Roskilde due to Q Tip injuring his shoulder but presume he will be fine for Sept

European tour cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

peteeeed wrote: »
    European tour cancelled

f 2 the U to the sea to the KKKKKKKkkkk.

room_149 wrote: »

meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

peteeeed wrote: »
    European tour cancelled

The band's quote seems like they expect to be back touring after these dates:
    Have a bit of unfortunate news to share … I’ve injured my shoulder and now need to have surgery which means Tribe won’t be able to perform for our faithful fans in the UK, France, Denmark (We Love Green Festival June 10th in Paris; Parklife Festival June 11th in the UK; and Roskilde Festival July 1st in Denmark). I’m hoping for a speedy recovery and looking forward to getting back to these countries as quickly as possible to perform for all of you. Much Love – Tip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they pulled out of EP, presuming we got a replacement headliner. Surely his shoulder will be recovered by September though?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Oh yeh , Ice cube would be a class addition

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Oh yeh , Ice cube would be a class addition

He can do it, if he puts his back in to it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

everlast75 wrote: »
    He can do it, if he puts his back in to it...

It would be a good day

Advertisement