Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You'd think yer man from ATCQ could just get his shoulder replaced, why did he go off and injure it in first place. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What's he need the shoulder for anyway besides throwing shapes . Surely he can still do the show

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Ice Cube is a step up from ATCQ, so hopefully it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

stead wrote: »
    Ice Cube is a step up from ATCQ, so hopefully it happens.

Big time , a true headliner , saw him at Coachella last year , best act of the weekend by far .
    I like ATCQ, but not main stage headliners for me , one of the tents earlier in the day better suited for them

Well it looks like that ATCQ still seems to be in the line up poster anyway, so maybe they will play the Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well it looks like that ATCQ still seems to be in the line up poster anyway, so maybe they will play the Picnic.

Until there's a press release, I'd assume they're still on the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they've only cancelled some June gigs, they're still playing in the US in July as expected. they'll be at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Just noticed Washed Out is touring the US in July, wonder if he'll be booked for some in Europe.

lots of camping gear on sale in Aldi this Thursday.

pretty good looking 4-man tent there for €35. I got a similar one from Lidl a few years ago and it was perfect, withstood several wet festivals no bother. lots of other bits and bobs there, sleeping bags, mats, rucksacks etc.:

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-05-25?q=%3Apopular&page=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Loving the 'All We Are' songs on the Spotify playlist. Very nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/866983148655185920866983148655185920

Bizarre post for EP to put up. Why wouldn't EP be going ahead as planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bizarre statement from the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BikesKilleen

Well that tweet does nothing to ease the nerves in light of what has happened in Manchester.

Really hope EP shed a bit more light on that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

You'd wonder did some freaked out EP-goers contact EP to voice their concerns over security?
    Very strange altogether.

Way overblown in multiple ways. Astounding how tone deaf it is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Download festival posted the same , Along with Parklife Festival (which at least its relevant for them)

a few other Festival Republic/Live Nation events and festivals have put out the exact same statement (just with the event name changed), so presumably it's just a statement sent from head office for all the UK/Ireland events to put up.

eg:
    https://twitter.com/OfficialRandL/status/866975064360718336

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

i was thinking after the attack that the likes of 3 arena don't exactly have great security in place for these types of things, just a check of females bags and a pat down of lads. i was recently in Amway centre in Orlando their equivalent concert arena and before your ticket is even checked they have the airport style scanners where you empty out all your pockets etc.

EP prob has even less measures in place if somebody had something like this in mind being that you can walk in with a suitcase not checked at all.

Also Wireless Festival in the UK posted the exact same message as EP on facebook there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Wooderson wrote: »
    Bizarre statement from the festival.

This feels like someone at a corporate level decided that all the festivals in the stable would do this as a mark of respect, without any thought as to location. Personally, although Ireland is clearly a different territory, I have no problem with this. People attending one of their shows (i'm guessing) were murdered. It's entirely reasonable that they would mark that with a significant comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

I think its more a statement from Festival Republic than EP, Latitude and Reading/Leeds have posted the same thing

This feels like someone at a corporate level decided that all the festivals in the stable would do this as a mark of respect, without any thought as to location. Personally, although Ireland is clearly a different territory, I have no problem with this. People attending one of their shows (i'm guessing) were murdered. It's entirely reasonable that they would mark that with a significant comment.

Mark the importance like many others have but don't make it all about you, wouldve been my advice to their PR department. Glastonbury have paid respects... further commentary/clarification can wait for another day FFS.

Latitude posted the same tweet too.

I don't think the tweet is anything unusual its just a sympathy post and no communication for two days, its definitely not cancelling.... yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

It's a copy and paste from Download

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

showpony1 wrote: »
    i was thinking after the attack that the likes of 3 arena don't exactly have great security in place for these types of things, just a check of females bags and a pat down of lads. i was recently in Amway centre in Orlando their equivalent concert arena and before your ticket is even checked they have the airport style scanners where you empty out all your pockets etc.

EP prob has even less measures in place if somebody had something like this in mind being that you can walk in with a suitcase not checked at all.

Security would have made no difference last night

MJohnston wrote: »
    Security would have made no difference last night

I'm not sure what you mean, a guy brought a bag into the arena that surely a metal detector, check points etc wouldn't have allowed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

showpony1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean, a guy brought a bag into the arena that surely a metal detector, check points etc wouldn't have allowed?

He didn't go into the arena, he waited outside for the crowds to leave.

Amirani wrote: »
    He didn't go into the arena, he waited outside for the crowds to leave.

ok i see - i understood it was inside the building just in the lobby area which would be after the metal detector check would have taken place in the US arena i mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was at Manchester arena for ufc in October and they had metal detectors and bag checks. Dogs too.

Advertisement