Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Heard Declan McKenna is playing this year:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was in Birmingham last week for work and saw this. Around the same time as EP. Surely Leftfield are a shoe in?

418576.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭roll

Slowdive PLEASE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was in Birmingham last week for work and saw this. Around the same time as EP. Surely Leftfield are a shoe in?

Or Ocean Colour Scene...

They're touring Moseley Shoals this summer, have nothing scheduled for the week of EP and they're in Belfast the week before.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Or Ocean Colour Scene...

They're touring Moseley Shoals this summer, have nothing scheduled for the week of EP and they're in Belfast the week before.

Saw they last year at groove....

Fantastic gig!!

Love to see them at EP...

But to see leftism performed live?? That would be one in a lifetime thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Saw they last year at groove....

Fantastic gig!!

Love to see them at EP...

But to see leftism performed live?? That would be one in a lifetime thing for me.

OCS played in 2013, Jim Carroll I recall gave them a hard time with his review in the Ticket, I enjoyed them myself, the sun was blinding, it was warm and there was four wasps per person in the audience.:)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

I thought they were good, too, that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

OCS played in 2013, Jim Carroll I recall gave them a hard time with his review in the Ticket, I enjoyed them myself, the sun was blinding, it was warm and there was four wasps per person in the audience.:)

Damn straight, i sat on the grass and watched them do their stuff, it was wonderful early afternoon pinting music and they put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

There was some bitching and moaning about them that year on the EP thread and the crowd they'd attract. Strange as they'll always be a Britpop band with a following of people in their late 30's early 40's to me. Should be a nice crowd that they'd draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Jim Carroll won't give anything perceived to be remotely uncool a decent review bad or good. Wouldn't be an OCS fan myself but that was a fun afternoon. Except for the wasps.

I've left many a gig happy only for Jim Carroll and his lot to tell me afterwards I must have been mistaken...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

Jim Carroll won't give anything perceived to be remotely uncool a decent review bad or good. Wouldn't be an OCS fan myself but that was a fun afternoon. Except for the wasps.

I've left many a gig happy only for Jim Carroll and his lot to tell me afterwards I must have been mistaken...

I remember the Wasps, the weather and enjoyed the gig despite not being much of an OCS fan.
    Carroll's review in the Freebie Electric Picnic Times was a bit of a cheap shot. Perhaps he got stung in the bum by one of those Wasps during the show?
    Gas that we still talk about that review each year on the Boards EP Forum!!
    Job done for Jim, I guess...
    Link here
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/ocean-colour-scene-the-day-they-missed-the-train-1.1512243

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

room_149 wrote: »
    I remember the Wasps, the weather and enjoyed the gig despite not being much of an OCS fan.
    Carroll's review in the Freebie Electric Picnic Times was a bit of a cheap shot. Perhaps he got stung in the bum by one of those Wasps during the show?
    Gas that we still talk about that review each year on the Boards EP Forum!!
    Job done for Jim, I guess...
    Link here
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/ocean-colour-scene-the-day-they-missed-the-train-1.1512243

Haha that is some review. He describes the act as 'flatulent'? Brilliant!
    Yeah he got stung in the bum by a wasp and he himself became flatulent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Without wanting to cause outrage, dare I ask if we might get a line up announcement this week?

I know it was the start of June last year, but had it been mentioned in the week/days leading up to it that there would be something announced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Think the general consensus is an announcement the week after Forbidden Fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

How do you book a spot in the eco campsite?

Can't find a link for it anywhere,

I gazed at it longingly last year every time I headed out to the car, looked a nice quiet spot for us aul ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think they open the applications some time over the summer.
    as far as I know, they offer spots on the list to people who stayed before first, then open it to general public via a form on the EP website. the general/new people places went in about 10 or 15mins last year though.
    I'd highly recommend it though, loads of space, clean, quiet and special wristbands which were checked going in and out.

Do you pay extra for it? Or just a matter of first come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

no, completely free, first come first served. you just have to register via the link/form that goes up, then when you get to EP they'll cross you off a list they have at the entrance to the EcoCampsite, and give you your wristband.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

i had someone willing to sell me their 2 man pink moon tent there, but when we emailed them pink moon said you i cannot go up with their confirmation without ID, and they cannot transfer the booking name over to me. They must just get refund from Pink moon.

why would this be? i have actually seen a fair few people trying to sell these with no mention of the above.

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd guess insurance and security reasons (insurance given the horrible candle accident a few years back).

They need to be utterly squeaky clean as to which bums are in which tents if something goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

I'd guess insurance and security reasons (insurance given the horrible candle accident a few years back).

They need to be utterly squeaky clean as to which bums are in which tents if something goes wrong.

well like i'm trying to get all the details changed over to me from her - they'd then have my name, ID etc then for the tent so not sure what their problem is. I actually don't recall having to show ID at pink moon either just confirmation email.

has anyone gone up to the registration desk at it before with a booking done by their friend etc? what did they ask you

• Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

Sorry to interrupt, but have Family Camping tickets. (lovely Christmas present) All I know is my son can't go but daughters can. I am a complete clueless virgin. Have so many questions. Are spaces marked out? How big a tent can I bring? Suggested things to bring? Can you go back and forth to the car when setting up? Food? Drinks? Where do I get answers?

Outside of eco camping, if you could have your pick of where to set up your tent at EP where would the best spot be for a bit of room (and peace!)? Was thinking of those early entry passes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Outside of eco camping, if you could have your pick of where to set up your tent at EP where would the best spot be for a bit of room (and peace!)? Was thinking of those early entry passes

Janis Joplin probably or Charlie Chaplin, bit of an extra walk but they always looks a little less crazy than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

WexTex wrote: »
    I am a complete clueless virgin

Giggity Giggity

Giggity.jpg~c200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Wooderson

WexTex wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt, but have Family Camping tickets. (lovely Christmas present) All I know is my son can't go but daughters can. I am a complete clueless virgin. Have so many questions. Are spaces marked out? How big a tent can I bring? Suggested things to bring? Can you go back and forth to the car when setting up? Food? Drinks? Where do I get answers?

- spaces aren't marked out
    - you can bring as big a tent as you wish
    - suggested things to bring is whatever you wish within the rules I spose
    - you can go back and forth yes, bout a 30min round trip
    - small coffee/crepe place there last year

If you have more specific questions be my guest.

3 months to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

LowOdour wrote: »
    Without wanting to cause outrage, dare I ask if we might get a line up announcement this week?

I know it was the start of June last year, but had it been mentioned in the week/days leading up to it that there would be something announced?
    Think i saw on facebook that they will announce when they making an announcement shortly, so probably after FF
    "Dont do what Donny dont does" springs to mind...

Snarky Snark Snark

3 months to go!

92 sleeps

• Advertisement

92 sleeps

Not too shabby now it's down to double-digit sleeps!

Advertisement