Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

92 sleeps

Too early to check accuweather I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Too early to check accuweather I guess :)

There will be weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Time to start charging power banks and fill the fridge with cans...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brew93

Every year there is a certain stereotype at EP, which one will you be?

Brew93 wrote: »

I'll be doing the 'too old to be a hipster, but I was one before it was a thing, so I'm doing it anyway'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I'll be the psychedelic one.

I just hope the 'Up the RA' types aren't camped beside me this year. Had to listen to endless Republican songs and 'Maggie Thatcher's Dead' being sung to the tune of KC and the Sunshine Band's 'Give It Up'.

Snarky Snark Snark

Every year there is a certain stereo type at EP, which one will you be?

NAD, I used to be Denon and Marantz but they're not what they were quality wise.

(Odd question for a first post, lazy journo scraping the barrel for content?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I shall be fulfilling the 'husky, balding, bearded gent who may or may not be too old for this sh1t'...

I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

(Odd question for a first post, lazy journo scraping the barrel for content?)

Only just noticed that now (after you mentioned it of course). Seems an odd one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭room_149

>Middle aging ex-Raver who thinks all the new electronic stuff sounds like it was made back in the 90s

>Probably too old for this sh1t- will bore any ‘millennial’ within earshot that you ‘shoulda seem them 20 years ago, lads’ or ‘Deep house?! This **** sounds like a knocked off version of Show me luv by Robin S!'

>Prefers indie, Rock, Guitar based bands at prime-time on the main stage over ‘Heritage’ Dance & Electronic acts (Rave in tents or the woods, lads like we used to back in the day!)

>Now an affirmed Campervan snob who successfully ligs an artist or crew pass/ Guest list spot each year. Guilty of flaunting evidence of the same throughout the weekend like a dick.

>Laughs at the muck and callow banter coming from the kids in the campsites during my trips into the main arena each day but still hasn’t learned sense enough to avoid doing the dog on it every Friday

>Will never, ever bring the kids. Religiously take them on a sun holiday instead each year after the Picnic ends for two weeks to take the edge off

>Each year is my last Picnic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I'll be the psychedelic one.

I just hope the 'Up the RA' types aren't camped beside me this year. Had to listen to endless Republican songs and 'Maggie Thatcher's Dead' being sung to the tune of KC and the Sunshine Band's 'Give It Up'.

What campsite do these types usually frequent? :D

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I shall be fulfilling the 'husky, balding, bearded gent who may or may not be too old for this sh1t'...

I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one!!;)

You won't, I'll meet you under the tree to the left on Saturday.

Snarky Snark Snark

Bass face alert on jools holland, haim are on, assume well get them given last years no show.

XX also on, seem decent in studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

EIREDriver wrote: »
    What campsite do these types usually frequent? :D

They're to be found (you'll hear them before you see them) in either Jimi Hendrix or Andy Warhol. They usually camp in packs of 10 or more.

Snarky Snark Snark

They're to be found (you'll hear them before you see them) in either Jimi Hendrix or Andy Warhol. They usually camp in packs of 10 or more.

Thank the lord funk for posh (ha!) camping

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thank the lord funk for posh (ha!) camping

And I might add Crew Camping. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

If you have more specific questions be my guest.[/quote]

What kind of food? The usual festival/ploughing food trailers? Any gluten free food?ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

WexTex wrote: »
    If you have more specific questions be my guest.

What kind of food? The usual festival/ploughing food trailers? Any gluten free food??[/QUOTE]

Lets see, Lebanese Food Kitchen, Indian, Mexican, posh Irish Breakfast, German food market stalls, WokN'Roll, the Mindfield area has a whole bunch of food stalls and the Greencrafts area too. Pancake Palace, Burgers too, Pieminister or whoever replaced them last year, Eddie Rockets (Well there was in 2010 anyways), sandwiches in the Gala or Centra whatever is in the Hendrix, O'Briens and loads more out there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

The food selection at EP is always superb! I am always spoilt for choice. 
    It is one of the things I look forward to.
    Coffee good also. 
    I'd imagine gluten free will be available in some places.

mgkelly wrote: »
    The food selection at EP is always superb! I am always spoilt for choice. 
    It is one of the things I look forward to.
    Coffee good also. 
    I'd imagine gluten free will be available in some places.

There's an Italian place normally right next to mindfield that is brilliant, never seems to be very busy either. Huge portions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

I have no idea what you are talking about with the area names, but food choice sounds good. (doing a virtual BBQ toss in my mind)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Typical eejit I think the comments complaining that Euro festivals are much cheaper. Talk about missing the whole point!

Liam Gallagher was brilliant imo at the One Love - Manchester concert tonight. He has the signature voice back. Really hoping we see him getting added to the EP lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Liam Gallagher was brilliant imo at the One Love - Manchester concert tonight. He has the signature voice back. Really hoping we see him getting added to the EP lineup!

Please no, the man has lost any voice he had

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Has anyone who purchased early bird tickets by instalment last September received their tickets? Getting work done on the house and concerned they may have gone awol.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

effibear wrote: »
    Has anyone who purchased early bird tickets by instalment last September received their tickets? Getting work done on the house and concerned they may have gone awol.

I received my tickets months ago (think it was in January)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

The Lemon Twigs are in UK and Europe the weekend of EP. Heres hoping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1auNrhxv9Uk

Please no, the man has lost any voice he had

Give his 3 songs from yesterday a listen. I was really surprised by how good he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Give his 3 songs from yesterday a listen. I was really surprised by how good he was.

Don't listen to him that regularly but he was a good singer 20 years ago.

Last night i wasn't impressed, very nasally and struggled badly to hit any kind of a high note.

Advertisement