Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Pretty poor vocals from Imogen Heap too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

KKC from their recent gig in Holland. Some great photos on their Facebook page. Wonder will they get a bigger tent this year (assuming they are playing)?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

SachaJ wrote:
    KKC from their recent gig in Holland. Some great photos on their Facebook page. Wonder will they get a bigger tent this year (assuming they are playing)?

They're not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They're not

Not yet. Unless they have gigs boooked elsewhere theres a good chance they'll be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any more details/inside info about when the next announcement might be? It is usually around the beginning of June IIRC. I wonder if it will be a list of some of the other bands that were mentioned months ago

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote:
    Not yet. Unless they have gigs boooked elsewhere theres a good chance they'll be added.

They were at body and soul

MadYaker wrote:

They were at body and soul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Would love to see Moderate play, they play in Germany on the 2nd. Did get to Forbidden Fruit on the Sunday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have a feeling this lad will be in the Electric Ireland tent this year

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Fatfrog wrote: »

Not getting this talk of 'all the trimmings' from the EP insider. Trenchtown, vendors, etc voluntary would have thought? Sponsors also supplying a lot of the 'trimmings' now too. Understand festival would have to subsidize Body&Soul for their acts & art installations while looks the business & very tasteful doesn't appear that costly to produce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Tago Mago wrote: »

Not getting this talk of 'all the trimmings' from the EP insider. Trenchtown, vendors, etc voluntary would have thought? Sponsors also supplying a lot of the 'trimmings' now too.  Understand festival would have to subsidize Body&Soul for their acts & art installations while looks the business & very tasteful doesn't appear that costly to produce.
    I'm not sure how Festival Republic operate but I assume that even though EP sells out the money spend on its line up may still be reduced due to their other festivals not doing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Tago Mago wrote: »

Not getting this talk of 'all the trimmings' from the EP insider. Trenchtown, vendors, etc voluntary would have thought? Sponsors also supplying a lot of the 'trimmings' now too.  Understand festival would have to subsidize Body&Soul for their acts & art installations while looks the business & very tasteful doesn't appear that costly to produce.
    I'm not sure how Festival Republic operate but I assume that even though EP sells out the money spend on its line up may still be reduced due to their other festivals not doing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So I don't know who's going to be in the next announcement, why don't they just tell us.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Not very investigative of the journalist not to press his source further on these suspicions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

So I don't know who's going to be in the next announcement, why don't they just tell us.

They can't announce it until they know if boscos restoration was a success or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

Pendulum headlining the Saturday of Weekender festival in Jersey, Surely they're a shoe in for the Friday night dance slot then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

jmillz wrote: »
    Pendulum headlining the Saturday of Weekender festival in Jersey, Surely they're a shoe in for the Friday night dance slot then

Here's hoping!

I'm a fan of The xx but I know plenty aren't and will want something heavier for the Fri night.
    Although, Pete Tong could be the dance act for the Friday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I'm ready for the next announcement now

Rfrip wrote: »

Due to the Field Day stream of Aphex Twin, I'd like to think the EP committee would commit, a colourful act to light up the Electric Arena plus he does have that Irish connection. But as Weirdcore his visual producer says, one concert per country every few years is a normal Aphex Twin tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »

Given how late it's getting, i'm wondering if we'll be waiting till after Glastonbury before we get an announcement.

• Advertisement

Given how late it's getting, i'm wondering if we'll be waiting till after Glastonbury before we get an announcement.

They (EP) answered someone recently on Facebook, just said they are waiting for dates to be confirmed or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

They (EP) answered someone recently on Facebook, just said they are waiting for dates to be confirmed or something to that effect.

It would be great if they didn't have to confirm dates and just sprung the news upon us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

new phoenix album out today and it's great. will prob see them at glastonbury as we're not 100% they're playing EP. i know they were on the leaked poster but so were chromeo a few years back and didn't play the festival when it sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

new phoenix album out today and it's great. will prob see them at glastonbury as we're not 100% they're playing EP. i know they were on the leaked poster but so were chromeo a few years back and didn't play the festival when it sold out.

They've self declared themselves for EP i think, someone posted a link a while back to a tour schedule with EP on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah I checked the other day as trying to work out my Glasto clashes, they still have EP up on their website.

Due to the Field Day stream of Aphex Twin, I'd like to think the EP committee would commit, a colourful act to light up the Electric Arena plus he does have that Irish connection. But as Weirdcore his visual producer says, one concert per country every few years is a normal Aphex Twin tour.

Best electronic set I ever experienced last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Went to Eddie Vedder last night, absolutely smashed it, by hell would he do some job at EP.
    It was the first time he's ever played Jeremy in his solo show and it will live long in my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Peesh89

Kinda holding out hope that some how gorillaz will be announced now that the demon dayz festival is finished.... They could make a quick stop at picnic between San Fransisco and New York, there's a bit of a gap between the dates. PLEASE.

• Advertisement

A here C'mon sick of these quiet Sundays on the forum, surely someone has some idea of some of the acts yet to be announced, getting sick of this nothing, nothing, nothing buzz. C'mon EP get ya finger out.

Advertisement