Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

A here C'mon sick of these quiet Sundays on the forum, surely someone has some idea of some of the acts yet to be announced, getting sick of this nothing, nothing, nothing buzz. C'mon EP get ya finger out.

Thought you'd still be buzzing after aphex twin!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    Thought you'd still be buzzing after aphex twin!!'

Yeah loved it and have watched all the clips of his last 5 shows but one day festivals is not the same as proper weekend away festivals, plus FF was a shorter set and there was still a sh1t load of tracks missing, I was psyched to hear that new track which he didn't play, and he knows he should have played it as the real Aphex Twin heads would have lapped it up. This is the track.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I wonder when we are going to get the next announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I wonder when we are going to get the next announcement.

What date was the second announcement last year? Had in my head it was early june-ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Le Bruise wrote: »
    What date was the second announcement last year? Had in my head it was early june-ish.

June 2nd.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/more-acts-announced-electric-picnic-2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Extract the digit, EP.
    Waiting & waiting & waiting.....
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Two questions:

1) Is there usually only one announcement of further acts? -Scrolled back through the news from last year and could only find one.

2) Will they "announce the announcement"? - eg. FB post/press release telling us an announcement is coming?

Getting fed up of waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I hope they have an announcement to announce when the announcement is going to be, just so I can watch everyone get angry on Facebook.

They seem to like to 'announce the announcement' alright - make a big show of it!
    I also seem to remember that there'll be more than one further announcement. They like the dribs & drabs approach, to a extent! There'll probably be a biggish one, then smaller (which can actually be very tasty) e.g. Jerry Fish, Body & Soul acts, etc.
    Don't be over on the Facebook page. Do they really get angry?! What's the point? Does anyone ever really listen?!
    :wassat:

The EP Facebook page could put up a post saying water is wet and people would get angry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Here is confirmation of the worst kept secret ever by the Electric Picnic
    IMG_0578.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

LCD announced 7 nights in a row in NY starting from Friday night. Also said they are playing a lot of gigs soon. Hardly 2 years in a row but then again they will have a new album to tour?

we're going to be playing a LOT in the near future, so they're certainly not worth getting on a plane for, in our opinion. it's NOT a finite resource. it is certainly 100% not worth paying some crazy amount over face value for them. we're playing in other places this year, a lot, and that's likely close to wherever it is you live (unless you live far from things, which i'm sorry about - but it still wouldn't be worth flying to these.)

James also has issues with capitalisation.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That would be class. Make it so EP

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

That would be epic. I'd honestly be happy to see LCD every single goddam year at the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

jmillz wrote: »
    Pendulum headlining the Saturday of Weekender festival in Jersey, Surely they're a shoe in for the Friday night dance slot then

They and Knife Party are at SW4 the weekend before, so hopefully both would make it to EP.

I'll be at SW4, would be great to see them both over two weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

If the next announcement is after 20 June is a little speculation allowed about the Oxford lads?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    If the next announcement is after 20 June is a little speculation allowed about the Oxford lads?

Not gonna happen. They've said in recent interviews that this tour ends in Tel Aviv in July and they've no further gigs planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

TherapyBoy wrote: »

Of course you meant Foals. Any mention of the other Oxford band that isn't Supergrass is punishable by death.

Even the mods have given up trying to stop people stoning the guilty of this heinous crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

This lady has self-confirmed.

http://www.sivemusic.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    Not gonna happen. They've said in recent interviews that this tour ends in Tel Aviv in July and they've no further gigs planned.

Didn't think so, just unrealistic hopefulness. No huge acts likely but surely one from Libertines or Foals?

You might have meant Ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

any idea when the next announcement of bands are?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

they are getting later and later each year with the announcements. Its p*ssing a lot of people off, myself included. My main gripe is that I try to brush up on the bands that I'd never heard of to see if I will enjoy them and perhaps even know a few of the songs before I go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see either Flume or Pendulum being the friday night dance act

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Flume at Bumbershoot in Seattle that weekend. Also Haim. Thought we'd see Haim for sure

I can see either Flume or Pendulum being the friday night dance act

What about The xx?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

MadYaker wrote: »
    What about The xx?

Last 2 years have been Underworld and The Chemical Brothers. Massively disappointed if The XX are the Friday night dance act

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Flume at Bumbershoot in Seattle that weekend. Also Haim. Thought we'd see Haim for sure

No bass face. I am disappoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

PinkCamper wrote: »

they were brutal on Jools last week.

Advertisement