Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Canneverfindit

ab4248 wrote: »
    Anyone know if all discounted tickets are gone or is it just a TM prob? Friend just tried booking with 3+code and its saying there are no more tickets left on that promotion?

I'm still waiting on mine :( sent in all proof and filled in form before 9am Friday morning.
    Am wondering the same.
    Have just tweeted EP to ask if they're all gone.
    I'll keep you posted once I receive a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm still waiting on mine :( sent in all proof and filled in form before 9am Friday morning.
    Am wondering the same.

The form had to be completed by 5pm on Thursday as far as I remember

Synode wrote: »

They're still telling people on twitter to 'fill in this form' and are attaching a link.. (well they were on Saturday..) :-/

Feck them anyway. They sent me a 2+ code but I've been to 3 (not their fault, a friend bought the other tickets).
    Guaranteed if I use my 2 + code, the 3 code will come in a second later..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

ab4248 wrote: »
    Anyone know if all discounted tickets are gone or is it just a TM prob? Friend just tried booking with 3+code and its saying there are no more tickets left on that promotion?

Am wondering the same.

I had the same. Got on to Ticketmaster, turns out it was a bum code, as was the next one they sent me. Third time lucky. I got mine Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They're still telling people on twitter to 'fill in this form' and are attaching a link.. (well they were on Saturday..) :-/

Feck them anyway. They sent me a 2+ code but I've been to 3 (not their fault, a friend bought the other tickets).

My bad. Here's the form. It was Thursday 27th October at 5pm :pac:

http://festivalrepublic.us6.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=1e85d6ef674e2f66bcefab4b2&id=58e962cc29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Looks like it's going to be a scorcher

Have my tickets!
    but only got them at the 1-2 discount price despite the fact I've been to 3.

Been chatting them and apparently my proof is insufficient - being honest, their reasons are ridiculous - I have bands from the last 3 years/ lanyards/ programme books/ pics, social media links and a screenshot of a ticketmaster confirmation confirming my name and details on the purchase of EP tickets in 2015 (apparently ticketmaster confirmations are not sufficient, they tell me (??) but then WHY THE FECK send out codes automatically based on ticketmaster history??. )

I'll admit my 2014 attendance is a little vague but I have a dropbox link of photos on the date, a pic of me where you can see the farking wristband I'm wearing (from a distance) and a FB status/ check in talking about the fact I've just seen Hozier - checked in at Stradbally :-/

I think they're talking b*llox. I'd say they've given them all out and are now refusing people. Else they dont like the look of me.

That would be fine - I'd understand if I missed the boat/ wasnt quick enough to send in my stuff BUT I am severely pissed off that they threw out so many 3+ codes to people who admitted themselves they hadnt been to 3 and then refused the genuine people codes.
    Bad form.
    Not sound.

Have complained on Twitter.

Raging I love the damn thing so much - otherwise I wouldnt have bought..

Anyway. €40 quid. Will chalk it down!

YAY to 2017..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Did you ring ticketmaster? I had no hassle getting the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Synode wrote: »

I had the same hassle but I complained to them, gave details of pals who booked for me on years I didn't pay directly. They emailed me back with a 3 code within a minute. They obviously didn't check anything as no time but just passed out the code rather than deal with the hassle. I recommend you try the same.

Aw balls!

Really Swashbuckler and Seathrun66?? I went and bought already :( like an tool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I had the same hassle but I complained to them, gave details of pals who booked for me on years I didn't pay directly. They emailed me back with a 3 code within a minute. They obviously didn't check anything as no time but just passed out the code rather than deal with the hassle. I recommend you try the same.

Over the phone or via their web contact us form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

BOHtox wrote: »
    March 2nd we got Lana Del Rey, The Chemical Brothers and New Order.
    June 2nd we got Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The 1975, Nas, The Shins.
    August 19th we got Skepta, James Bay, Bell X1.

So we've 177 days, give or take, until the next announcement haha :rolleyes:

Wow what a terrible line up, chemical brothers the only one worth seeing

You dont need codes or proof at TM outlets to get 3x early bird price. If codes are wrecking your head.

Great to know for next year - thanks :)

What proof do they ask for then (at the outlet)?

Great to know for next year - thanks

Out of interest did you have all this hassle on the phone to Ticketmaster or through the online form?

Out of interest did you have all this hassle on the phone to Ticketmaster or through the online form?

The online form first and then (as it specified) sent all proof through to the email address provided. Waited the 3 day process period.

Basically - that'll teach me for doing exactly as I'm told/ following instructions. :-/

Ringing Ticketmaster direct next year!

The online form first and then (as it specified) sent all proof through to the email address provided. Waited the 3 day process period.

Ringing Ticketmaster direct next year!

Basically - that'll teach me for doing exactly as I'm told/ following instructions. :-/

Yeah that's a pity. Seems to me ringing Ticketmaster was the way to go. Even a mate of mine who has been to two said they were at three and got a code without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Odd question perhaps but - can you camp in the General Campervan site when you have Family Camping tickets? Obviously the Family campervan passes are now sold out, but I want to leave my options in case one turns up at some point in the future - I know you definitely (well, according to the rules anyway) can't use a Family Campervan pass without family camping tickets, but I'm presuming its fine to 'downgrade' yourself into the General campsite when you do have family tickets?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bon Iver has announced a tour for next year but no Irish Date. Can see him popping up either at Longitude or EP

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Bon Iver has announced a tour for next year but no Irish Date. Can see him popping up either at Longitude or EP

I'm going to buy tickets for a UK gig in case he doesn't. I'm going to Coachella so I hope he is announced for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Does anyone have a code for having attended 3 picnics or more that they aren't using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Odd question perhaps but - can you camp in the General Campervan site when you have Family Camping tickets? Obviously the Family campervan passes are now sold out, but I want to leave my options in case one turns up at some point in the future - I know you definitely (well, according to the rules anyway) can't use a Family Campervan pass without family camping tickets, but I'm presuming its fine to 'downgrade' yourself into the General campsite when you do have family tickets?

This happened to me last year when i had bought family camping tickets by accident. It was no problem at all to use those tickets in the general campervan field.

I assume that you already have the general campervan ticket so, cos they are also sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

I assume that you already have the general campervan ticket so, cos they are also sold out.

There will be more available though, I think normally around march

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Family camping sold out. I bought 2 other tickets instead but need family camping. If anyone has family camping and wants a swap pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

This happened to me last year when i had bought family camping tickets by accident. It was no problem at all to use those tickets in the general campervan field.

IMO you should be prevented from using a Family Camping ticket in general camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Simona1986 wrote: »

They didn't last year - all sold in Sept 2015, no further went on sale, even for general announcement.

Peter

Simona1986 wrote: »

There weren't last year.

Edit: I got caught out by the quick sell out last year. I was lucky enough to pick one up at face value a few weeks ago. A week before the festival this year there were plenty of them on donedeal for €100

Wooderson wrote: »
    IMO you should be prevented from using a Family Camping ticket in general camping.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 littlegiraffe

I've a spare 1-2 picnic discount code if anyone needs it!

I replied to the email they sent me.

• Advertisement

I'd been sent a rejection mail stating that no code at all. Queried it with reasons but no proof and got the 3 code in about 45 seconds. I guess they're just deluged with stuff and would rather hand out codes than deal with emails going back and forth.

Advertisement