Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I thought they were alright, my expections were quite low though

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Flume at Bumbershoot in Seattle that weekend. Also Haim. Thought we'd see Haim for sure

they were brutal on Jools last week.
    Brutal is bad, isn't it?! In some parlance, it can be the opposite. 
    Anyhow, I saw them & found them to be 'twee' & uninteresting. 
    .....and that's being unkind to 'twee' since I am a bit of a fan of the twee-pop movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any chance we could see an Elrow party there's one at glasto seems like a good fit for the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I thought they were alright, my expections were quite low though

Thought they made a haims of the first song.

Yeah, I said it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Poorside wrote: »
    Thought they made a haims of the first song.

Yeah, I said it.....

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Based on the jools holland performance HAIM seemed to have transformed into a Heart tribute act, hope there is more funky numbers on the album, The xx were very good, looking forward to seeing them

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

RastaRed wrote: »
    Based on the jools holland performance HAIM seemed to have transformed into a Heart tribute act, hope there is more funky numbers on the album, The xx were very good, looking forward to seeing them
    A Heart tribute act - how depressing sounding!!
    Yes, The XX were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Bicep confirmed on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

haitens wrote: »

Nice one, its about time acts started confirming themselves.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I'm continually amused by the agony people put themselves through about lineups and announcements and then blame EP for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Anybody seeing where Bicep confirmed on their website? If it is true they will likely be playing the Friday, as they're in Amsterdam on the Saturday. https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/bicep

I'm continually amused by the agony people put themselves through about lineups and announcements and then blame EP for it.

No its not that, EP is not playing the rules like all other fairly big festivals, they just keep fcuking around with the way they announce, why not just give a large bill like the way Bestival does it, I mean feck it they already sold out before the first announcement. They should at least communicate something with the folk on Facebook or Twitter.

haitens wrote: »

Hey man link us as I can't find the info either.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭stead

Nevermind. Found them retweet the tour dates https://twitter.com/ninjatune/status/875400617472270336

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That's Phoenix, Bicep and Late Nite Tuff Guy self confirmed so far. Anyone else? Surely we're due an announcement soon. I fear the worst with this next announcement for some reason.

Snarky Snark Snark

77 sleeps and **** all news....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

77 sleeps and **** all news....

Feck it lads, at this stage i am seriously beginning to doubt that Radiohead are headlining the Saturday.

Snarky Snark Snark

Feck it lads, at this stage i am seriously beginning to doubt that R-Word are headlining the Saturday.

i am seriously beginning to doubt that there will be a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Feck it lads, at this stage i am seriously beginning to doubt that Radiohead are headlining the Saturday.

Once Daft Punk are still on for Sunday I'm happy...

EP keep posting on facebook to users queries that they are waiting for dates to be confirmed, so like Scruff said earlier in the thread perhaps they are waiting for Glastonbury and Body & Soul festival to complete before announcing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

They're waiting for Radiohead to play 3 arena next week and Glasto the following weekend and then they'll announce them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I've heard they're playing the salty dog at 12 on Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

EP keep posting on facebook to users queries that they are waiting for dates to be confirmed, so like Scruff said earlier in the thread perhaps they are waiting for Glastonbury and Body & Soul festival to complete before announcing.

I never understand this theory, they're sold out, they're not competing with Glastonbury really, and they're very unlikely to share any big name acts with Body and Soul. The only reason to wait is for PR attention, but again, they're sold out!

Poorside wrote: »
    I've heard they're playing the salty dog at 12 on Sunday morning

Idiots, there is no way they will get a crowd clashing with the Gospel choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Watching Elbow performing on the Last Leg reminding me of their set in 2012. Checked their tour schedule at they're playing The Downs Festival in Bristol on the Saturday, but free the Friday/Sunday. Would love to see a return.

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Watching Elbow performing on the Last Leg reminding me of their set in 2012. Checked their tour schedule at they're playing The Downs Festival in Bristol on the Saturday, but free the Friday/Sunday. Would love to see a return.

I thought there is a decent chance they would announce after the marquee.

Snarky Snark Snark

I'd be surprised given how they were bumped down the menu a few years ago.

They are from the north, the north remembers.

There's nowt been talked in Efestival forums either about August and September festivals at the moment, a lull in announcements. No one has posted in the Bestival forum since 9th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Jeremy Corbyn introducing Run The Jewels at Glasto next weekend. After that exposure what'll their slot be at EP?

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Jeremy Corbyn introducing Run The Jewels at Glasto next weekend. After that exposure what'll their slot be at EP?

They'll have to up the game and be introduced by El Presidente Mickey D.

Advertisement