Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The xx are the Friday night dance act, what are ye on about with major laser and Pete Tong? Neither of them are headlining. There'll be a load more mid tier bands and that's it. The way off the mark speculation on this thread does my nut in sometimes. It's the same people posting the same nonsense every year as well.

Who was last years dance act? Chemical brothers. We're they in the top stop just like The xx are now? Yes they were. It's really not that complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

MadYaker wrote: »
    The xx are the Friday night dance act, what are ye on about with major laser and Pete Tong? Neither of them are headlining. There'll be a load more mid tier bands and that's it. The way off the mark speculation on this thread does my nut in sometimes. It's the same people posting the same nonsense every year as well.

Who was last years dance act? Chemical brothers. We're they in the top stop just like The xx are now? Yes they were. It's really not that complicated.

Time of the month??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Massive disappointment if the XX are the Friday night dance Act. No way they'll hold my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Rfrip wrote: »

Time of the month??
    :O:woot:

mgkelly wrote: »
    :O:woot:

Sun is getting to me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Liam Gallagher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher

Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Liam Gallagher

Yep wouldn't be surprised if this was the biggest act announced on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Liam Gallagher

That'd make me very very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not expecting anything massive on Friday I'd say Phoenix will be one of the biggest acts announced and we might get another one or two on a par with them. In the past few years we have got some good acts in the second announcement though, something similar and I'd be happy enough.

2016: Noel Gallagher, The 1975, Nas, The Shins, Bat for Lashes, Catfish & Bottlemen, Joey Badass, Editors, John Talabot, Toots & the Maytals
    2015: Blur, Sam Smith, Grace Jones, FKA Twigs, Interpol, Despacio, Paul Kalkbrenner, Mac Demarco, MK, Julio Bashmore, The 2 Bears
    2014: Blondie, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy, Neneh Cherry, Kelis, Duke Dumont, Clean Bandit

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I'm secretly hoping for muse or jamiroquoi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Libertines

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seasick Steve is knocking about that weekend, he'd be a nice addition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The Libertines

I'd say there's a very strong chance of this, and I'd be very happy with it.

Surprised that The Stone Roses haven't done a Dublin gig - not sure how likely EP would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Jesus & Mary Chain, Lucinda Williams and John Moreland all playing End of the Road festival the same weekend in the UK.

Already a lot of crossover with that so would be beyond thrilled if those 3 are announced. Be happy with Gallagher aswell.

Stone Roses an unlikely dream I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Ricey92

Any hope for Kasabian to be added ? Longshot ?

Snarky Snark Snark

Why not, anything is possible at this point, the lack of any sort of leaking is either impressive or worrying (either really well locked down or **** all to leak).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ricey92 wrote: »
    Any hope for Kasabian to be added ? Longshot ?

The longest

Why not, anything is possible at this point, the lack of any sort of leaking is either impressive or worrying (either really well locked down or **** all to leak).

I'm worried it's the latter

The longest

Why so ?

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough with what's already announced to be honest. I am hoping for lauer , joe Goddard and mar de Marco to be added Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Jaysus, they're an angry bunch over on Facebook..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

The Jesus and Mary Chain are playing Rock en Seine the weekend before and End of Road and Electric Fields the weekend of EP so would imagine they will be added.

Glass Animals at Electric Fields as well (I know they played Longitude or FF this year, but still in with a shout).

Mac Demarco at Rock en Seine and End of World so he's around.

Few others that pop up around that weekend at other festivals are Lemon Twigs, Rejjie Snow, Ty Segal, Foxygen, Slowdive, Group Love...none of these really get my juices flowing.

Pretty happy with who is already on the lineup and Bicep confirming themselves is a nice addition. So even one more act that I'd want to see would do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Band of horses are already announced man

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dylar

GidCudi wrote: »
    Mac Demarco at Rock en Seine and End of World so he's around.

He's playing Vicar Street in November so probably won't be there

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Band of horses are already announced man

Sorted. All the line up posters I was looking at and forgot to double check the most important one. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

GidCudi wrote:
    Sorted. All the line up posters I was looking at and forgot to double check the most important one. Cheers

I know ,they're going to be savage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

really hope Slowdive are announced, new comeback album is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

New for 2017...
    Transmission will create the euphoria and wonder of the ancient shamanic journey.

Knowing how the hype machine works, I was thinking this might be a rebranding of the toilet queues in the main campsite. The info on the website doesn't really leave me much the wiser. That said, something new with no obvious corporate sponsorship attached is certainly welcome...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dmcmahon123

Dizzee Rascal, LCD Soundsystem and Carl Cox to be announced on Friday? maybe not all 3 but definitely at least one of them should be!

Advertisement