Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

New for 2017...

Knowing how the hype machine works, I was thinking this might be a rebranding of the toilet queues in the main campsite. The info on the website doesn't really leave me much the wiser. That said, something new with no obvious corporate sponsorship attached is certainly welcome...

seems more like they're re-branding the Woods stage, can't remember what it was called last year after Red Bull left. might be that other thing that was in the woods near where the paintball is/was.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

MadYaker wrote: »
    The xx are the Friday night dance act, what are ye on about with major laser and Pete Tong? Neither of them are headlining. There'll be a load more mid tier bands and that's it. The way off the mark speculation on this thread does my nut in sometimes. It's the same people posting the same nonsense every year as well.

Who was last years dance act? Chemical brothers. We're they in the top stop just like The xx are now? Yes they were. It's really not that complicated.
    The xx are a dance act? Man, am I out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MadYaker wrote: »
    The EP Facebook page could put up a post saying water is wet and people would get angry about it.

Not as wet as it was before though. Used to be so much wetter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

seems more like they're re-branding the Woods stage, can't remember what it was called last year after Red Bull left. might be that other thing that was in the woods near where the paintball is/was.

There was a little hut type thing made with old vinyl located down from the hazelwood stages. It was very close to the paintball entrance.
    It looks to me like they're expanding that area.

There was another area at the pink moon entrance with a giant fish, and there were tunes being played there too so could be either area, but i'd guess it's the former.

All these other areas are needed as they help spread the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

New for 2017...

Knowing how the hype machine works, I was thinking this might be a rebranding of the toilet queues in the main campsite. The info on the website doesn't really leave me much the wiser. That said, something new with no obvious corporate sponsorship attached is certainly welcome...

Sounds like a pillhead salty dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Thanks for the Bicep recommendations guys. New to me and I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

The Strypes after confirming that they are playing while being interviewed on Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Limerick91 wrote: »
    The Strypes after confirming that they are playing while being interviewed on Today FM
    Saw them before a handful of years ago. They were very good. Raise a good racket. Their sound seems to have diversified a little, if latest offering is anything to go by. Worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Paddy2012

Looking at the EOTR/Electric Fields lineups I would love Waxahatchee, This is the Kit, Lemon Twigs, RBCF, Marika Hackman, Arab Strap, Kate Tempest and De La Soul who are also about.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Looking at the EOTR/Electric Fields lineups I would love Waxahatchee, This is the Kit, Lemon Twigs, RBCF, Marika Hackman, Arab Strap, Kate Tempest and De La Soul who are also about.
    De La Soul would be extremely tasty. Are they 'too big' for second line announcement? Imagine De La Soul & Tribe Called Quest at the one festival?! 90's-tastic, for me anyhow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Arab Strap would be great alright, was expecting them in the first wave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

mgkelly wrote: »
    De La Soul would be extremely tasty. Are they 'too big' for second line announcement? Imagine De La Soul & Tribe Called Quest at the one festival?! 90's-tastic, for me anyhow!

They'd be fun but are no longer "big" in any sense of the word, I'd be surprised if half of the attendees had even heard of them.

(they also popped up in the 80s just to make you feel old).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can see Bastille or Imagine Dragons being added .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I wonder is there a reason the second announcement was this late coming, could any of the recent gigs in Ireland be announced? (The 1975, Arcade Fire, Todd Terje, The Avalanches, Elbow, Kraftwerk, Simple Minds, Angel Olsen, George Clinton, Radiohead :p). Or anyone who has announced a tour or new album recently? LCD would be a prime candidate in that case but can't see them playing 2 years in a row (likewise some of the others I mentioned).

Realistically it's probably just later because the first announcement was later but it's fun to speculate. Would love if Slowdive & Public Service Broadcasting were announced as others have said!

Snarky Snark Snark

Or could one of their lined up acts have pulled out leaving them in lurch and unable to announce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Or could one of their lined up acts have pulled out leaving them in lurch and unable to announce?

Luckily Radiohead were able to step in...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Realistically it's probably just later because the first announcement was later but it's fun to speculate. Would love if Slowdive & Public Service Broadcasting were announced as others have said!

Seen PSB in Holland, get boring very quickly, give me yoda anyday over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

mgkelly wrote: »

They'd be fun but are no longer "big" in any sense of the word, I'd be surprised if half of the attendees had even heard of them.

(they also popped up in the 80s just to make you feel old).

I humbly disagree. Still 'big' in terms of girth. A match for Wu Tang in terms of requiring bright elasticated sportswear.

Though not long til the 3 Feet High anniversary tour. Stradbally 2019 please.

Yes, the lads got big, that way, alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I wonder is there a reason the second announcement was this late coming

Lots of other things going on is my guess. There's only so much media exposure and promoters don't want EP hype distracting from their other events which aren't sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭glencurtis252

Anyone think there's a chance of Eminem with him being at Glasgow and Leeds and reading week or so before??

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone think there's a chance of Eminem with him being at Glasgow and Leeds and reading week or so before??

why-not-zoidberg-futurama-tshirt-shirt-thumbnail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

If as has been already said by promoters that the three top acts on the poster are indeed the headliners, then its hard to see any of the bigger names people are suggesting as being credible.

I'd love to be wrong on that, because i still cant see how a Tribe Called Quest are headliners, but there ya go.

As it stands I'm pretty happy with the line up other than the main stage headliners. A few more mid rankers and lower stage headliners and i'll be happy as a sandboy

Nah I think your still missing a major headliner if not 2/3. There's a big wide electric hole in the lineup.

Snarky Snark Snark

jaysus, i just use bukeface for picnic and the gym so pretty much never log into the thing, the level of utter whinging / anger there is surreal, a lot of folks with serious issues venting (their grammar and spelling are pretty ****ing dire to boot).

I've messenger uninstalled and app from the phone, honestly don't give 2 hoots what happens there, it's the bowels of humanity, we should send in Hans..

Snarky Snark Snark

I've messenger uninstalled and app from the phone, honestly don't give 2 hoots what happens there, it's the bowels of humanity, we should send in Hans..

They have a messenger app?

Right, total not a ****ing chance time, was looking at FFs website after seeing a post elsewhere on their new album out in September.

They're playing 1 gig in Europe in September in Berlin at a festival which is also run by FR. There's a small gap then in their schedule which a certain shindig in Laois would fit into...

fICK6e5.png

Totally not a chance but a monkey can dribble...

and now a quick search of the thread has pointed out to me that others have suggested this... nevermind...

I'm possibly at cream fields the Saturday before but there's a heap of acts that would travel well across..currently it's only Pete Tong so far.. http://www.creamfields.com/lineup

Snarky Snark Snark

I'm possibly at cream fields the Saturday before but there's a heap of acts that would travel well across..currently it's only Pete Tong so far.. http://www.creamfields.com/lineup

I know about 4 of the words on that page.

• Advertisement

I know about 4 of the words on that page.

I'd seen over 4 of them years before FF were even formed. Couple of them were even picnic headliners back in the day.

Advertisement