Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pjd435

U dont need a code if you buy loyalty tickets from the tickemaster kiosk in the Jervis, they just give them out without showing any proof that you have been to 3 ep's

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Gonna go w/ Gorillaz, either Radiohead or Stone Roses (preferably with a new album in tow), alt-J, Jeff Lynne's ELO and Christine & the Queens to headline or feature in some way.

Agree with the shouts for a continued hip hop presence.

Iggy Pop would be sublime if he was still on the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Gonna go w/ Gorillaz, either Radiohead or Stone Roses (preferably with a new album in tow), alt-J, Jeff Lynne's ELO and Christine & the Queens to headline or feature in some way.

Agree with the shouts for a continued hip hop presence.

Iggy Pop would be sublime if he was still on the road!

Are Stone Roses expected to tour next year? I'm mad to see them again after the Marlay park gig!

Gorillaz would be some headliner too!

Are Stone Roses expected to tour next year? I'm mad to see them again after the Marlay park gig!

Gorillaz would be some headliner too!

They're one of the favorites to finally headline Glastonbury. Imagine if they have more new material in form of album they'll showcase it at a few festivals.

Marlay park gig - to borrow Madchester parlance - was mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭evani1976

Radiohead would be amazing, AIR possibly too..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

My wish list for next year is:

M83
    Grimes
    Strokes
    QOTSA

Money well spent on them i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Above any other act I'd love to see Spiritualized, probably headlining a tent.
    Don't think they've played since 2007.

Hopefully Kiasmos, Stephan Bodzin, Run The Jewels, Vessels and James make an appearance too.

As for the Saturday night dance act, it might be Leftfield's time to return if Neil Barnes is back on the road, although I suspect he'd need to deviate from the last tour setlist, which only had one Leftism track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

what is the pink moon bar like? is there music playing at it? what time does it open until?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully Kiasmos, Stephan Bodzin, Run The Jewels, Vessels and James make an appearance too.

As for the Saturday night dance act, it might be Leftfield's time to return if Neil Barnes is back on the road, although I suspect he'd need to deviate from the last tour setlist, which only had one Leftism track.

They seem to be playing the older stuff again now, well they did at Bestival last week anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

M83
    Grimes

Strokes
    QOTSA

Two of these acts could should have been at EP 2016.

For next year my wish list looks like this:

<wish_list>
    </wish_list>

This way I can't be disappointed. This is my final grump on the 2016 thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

They seem to be playing the older stuff again now, well they did at Bestival last week anyway.

Nice one.
    This maybe puts them near the top of the list for that headline slot then.
    The live set from the last album was banging, but it felt incomplete without Song of Life and a few others.

In saying that we could end up with someone like Disclosure again.
    Air were mentioned as well... be good to see them at some stage over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Edit: Sorry thought I was posting in the 2016 thread ...

I really enjoyed the festival this year, despite the below par line-up. I felt that the crowd and the overall vibe was a lot nicer than 2015. The festival certainly has changed and a whole new demographic is now a major part of the festival. That's just that ...

Oh, and on the subject of bringing kids to EP. Parents themselves are best qualified to determine what is good and safe for their kids. Other people judging those decisions are just sticking their noses in where its not needed.

We don't bring our 11 year old to EP, mainly because EP just too big. We bring to her to other small festivals all the time and she generally enjoys them (until she saw the mudfest in B&S this year when she just headed back to the campervan and played with her mates).

Personally I don't believe in wrapping them up in cotton wool, and right or wrong, people being stupidly drunk is a part of going to events in Ireland. I personally don't see any harm in exposing her, safely and within reason, to the real world.

Other parents may feel different and that is their right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

D.Q wrote: »
    what is the pink moon bar like? is there music playing at it? what time does it open until?

1 - same ****ty beers as inside the arena
    2 - same ****ty beer prices as inside the arena
    3 - they did have bodies on "stage" (aka a crate) playing the geetar (and yes, they committed an act of wonderwall)
    4 - pretty much stays lit up all night but the music stopped I think about 1ish

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Aphex Twin live date in USA alert!

Hope springs eternal, bodhrandude!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin live date in USA alert!

Hope springs eternal, bodhrandude!

Nice, he's broken a non touring gap of 4 years, lets hope he adds more dates in Europe at some point.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

M83
    Grimes
    Strokes
    QOTSA

I was 100% convinced they would make an appearance at either Longitude or EP (or Metropolis) this year, would have put money on it if there was a market on paddypower. Disappointed they didn't come to Ireland in the end but would definitely be high up my wishlist for next year!

Was thinking about the late night dance act as well, would be disappointed myself if it was Leftfield but they are a possibility. The Chemical Brothers, Underworld & Disclosure (3 of the last 4 years, didn't really have one in '14) were all great for that slot but don't think there are many options left who would be big enough to play it. Leftfield, Orbital, Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada*.. Any other contenders?

*Groove Armadas DJ sets have been awful any time I've seen them but a live show would be good.

Or we could get our hopes up for Daft Punk again... :pac:

edit: one who just crossed my mind.. Justice! They are releasing a new album soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ween are back touring. They would suit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Leftfield, Orbital, Basement Jaxx, Groove Armada*.. Any other contenders.

Faithless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Faithless

Heard very mixed reports of their Kilmainham gig. I like a good few of their songs but they're no Underworld/Chemical brothers.

Would love to see Orbital back. It's been a while. Or Daft Punk (we can always dream)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

anyone see these guys on body and soul main stage, thought they were very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJUwvhShPec&list=PLdotjTcK5OghynptsDPeMoWCE8mJ7o1eU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Faithless

Definitely another who are on that level, forgot about them. Would Jamie XX be big enough? Probably not but he hasn't been at EP in a while. Caribou are another who would be high up my wishlist but not sure if they would fit the bill as a late night dance act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I know most people will hate them but have to say i was really impressed with their set at Pukkelpop this summer and a great live show as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Definitely another who are on that level, forgot about them. Would Jamie XX be big enough? Probably not but he hasn't been at EP in a while. Caribou are another who would be high up my wishlist but not sure if they would fit the bill as a late night dance act.

Dunno would Jamie xx draw a crowd like Chemical Brothers, etc but he had a huuuuge crowd at Longitde this year. From where I was standing, it looked bigger than the National's crowd - but that might just be more indicative of the overall lineup (i.e., more pop/hip-hop/dance acts across the weekend than indie).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I know most people will hate them but have to say i was really impressed with their set at Pukkelpop this summer and a great live show as well

I'm probably one of the few who actually like Chase & Status. They would be a nice addition to the Friday night slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'd be well up for Leftfield or Basement Jaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Caribou would be amazing.

Have seen Jamie xx twice now between Longitude and Metropolis. I'm still a fan, but the appeal has worn a little.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'm probably one of the few who actually like Chase & Status. They would be a nice addition to the Friday night slot.

Yea i went to see them at Pukkelpop just to see what they were like and they were very good live and were perfect since they played at 12am after Chemical Brothers . I only stayed for half of the set since i was wrecked but they do a have a good set of songs.

Also Basement Jaxx would be another band id love to see (seem to always miss them when they come here)

What would be the accepted wisdom on deadmau5 in the Underworld/Chem Bros Friday night slot? I know he appears synonymous with EDM & the associated festivals but seems to me he rails against that commercial drivel as much as anyone. His music speaks for itself in my opinion.

Might attract few extra scobies though in mitigation....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Tago Mago wrote: »
    What would be the accepted wisdom on deadmau5 in the Underworld/Chem Bros Friday night slot? I know he appears synonymous with EDM & the associated festivals but seems to me he rails against that commercial drivel as much as anyone. His music speaks for itself in my opinion.

Might attract few extra scobies though in mitigation....

Seen him before at a work event. The guy has talent within a particular sound, but its just one that doesn't suit EP whatsoever imo. Underworld have a kind of experimental side to them that sets them apart from the trance scene. Fatboy Slim is about as mucky a dance act as EP have ever booked, and I don't even think he would be as bad as deadmau5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Since there are plenty of dance/synth acts been thrown around as contenders, might as well throw Depeche Mode into the mix, be great to see Dave Gahan jumping around a stage in Stradbally!!!!!!!!

Advertisement