Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Always buy my EP tickets the next day after it ends in sept without knowing a single act to be announced . Been going since the start , only taking a break when I was in oz for 2 years .

Bar a handful of decent acts down the lineup I'm Not feeling it this year . Going to sell my tickets for the first time .

Going to rock werchter next week , that'll give me my festival fix this year . Now that's how u do a lineup with proper headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

None of my hopefuls were announced , joe Goddard, laure and Marc de Marco.

However, there is more than enough to keep me busy and I haven't even researched properly into every else

There's a reason why I buy my ticket every year without knowing the line up, well apart from the discount :) the line up really comes secondary to the whole weekend. My highlights every year are never a headliner. Last year it was stumbling across these two random djs at the padoga stage at 1am in body and soul.

Everyone who is complaining about the line up is going to be back on here after the weekend saying they had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

First sweep through spotify and some serious potential at the lower tier. I'm liking Kweku Collins, Eden and Lyra.

Maybe not all doom and gloom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

If one was to listen to Annie Mac in order to assess whether she'd be worth seeing, what would you recommend to listen to exactly?

Get a medley of Clean Bandit's greatest hits, fire a blowhorn and shout "Banger!" all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Stillill42 wrote: »
    While it's hard to escape the notion that Festival Republic are skimping on the cash they're splashing on acts, there's no doubt that it's a thoughtful line-up, with really interesting acts across pretty much the entire music spectrum. I'm of a certain vintage and what I want out of the weekend is undoubtedly different to what most of you lot are after but even looking at the acts announced today, there are gems in there that I would never ordinarily get near. The Lemon Twigs are pretty much the epitome of what EP is about for me now. Never heard of them before, 3 songs in and I love them already, really looking forward to seeing them. I know for a fact that Aaron Lee Tasjan is going to be brilliant, Margaret Glaspy was a find for me last year and she'll be a highlight again this time around. With great age comes great wisdom folks. Trust me, it'll all work out.

Stuck on the Lemon twigs earlier, can't believe I've never listened to them, they get right on the must see list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

Quick question from an EP novice.

When do they announce the day by day breakdown?? Wouldn't mind going on the Sunday but obviously would like to have some idea who might be playing. Also will there be any other tickets released or will I have to go chancing my luck on Toutless, Seatwave etc.

Apologies that was two questions!!

Layne wrote: »
    Quick question from an EP novice.

When do they announce the day by day breakdown?? Wouldn't mind going on the Sunday but obviously would like to have some idea who might be playing. Also will there be any other tickets released or will I have to go chancing my luck on Toutless, Seatwave etc.

Apologies that was two questions!!

Day break down comes out a few days before hand, check the websites of the specific bands you want to because sometimes they have the day ages before, no more tickets for released for sale, but plenty of blowhards selling on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

If you need some perspective on how crap the lineup is for the money you pay have a look at the lineup for Glastonbury and have yourself a little cry

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage

And before anybody says you can't compare the festivals, have a look at the lineups for both 5 or 6 years ago
    You can compare the festivals if you wish but a few things to bear in mind -

Glasto is the biggest festival on the planet. 
    It's been running for 47 years and has a stature that EP will never have.
    It's almost four times the size of EP.
    It's a not-for-profit festival and thus attracts acts who'll charge less than their usual fee.
    The exposure from Glasto (via the BBC, etc) increases the standing & sales of most artists so they get whoever they chase.

And most importantly of all, incessant undeserved bitching about EP bores me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Speaking of Glastonbury, just watching the pretenders set on BBC 4. Very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

The XX also impressing. Never listened to them but I feel they could be good backdrop to a few little lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Elbow currently playing a surprise set at Glastonbury. In BBC 4 atm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Elbow currently playing a surprise set at Glastonbury. In BBC 4 atm. :)

Watching it here, 'magnificent' was fairly epic. Can't wait to catch them again at EP. Haven't seen them since Benicassim in 2011.

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Watching it here, 'magnificent' was fairly epic. Can't wait to catch them again at EP. Haven't seen them since Benicassim in 2011.

They're building the set nicely, 'one day' will be HUGE

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really enjoying elbow. Hope they are on around fivish...sunny Sunday afternoon...sipping beers. Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Poorside wrote: »
    They're building the set nicely, 'one day' will be HUGE

You weren't wrong!!

Annie mac playing a blinder. Not all doom and gloom

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows the story with registering for the Eco campsite? Ive never been there before, but old age is dictating a quieter EP...
    What is involved, I'm in a meeting in work on Thursday morning and need someone to resister for me.. what details do they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

D.Q wrote: »
    Annie mac playing a blinder. Not all doom and gloom

Were are ya listening to her

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Were are ya listening to her

Watching her on BBC. Co. UK /Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Not available in your area!! But thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Not available in your area!! But thanks.

You need a VPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

watching Dizzee now he would have been good late in Electric Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Very happy with Vince Staples (new album quality), Jagwar Ma, Lemon Twigs & Phoenix but the rest is fairly disappointing fare even allowing for a few 'discoveries' through streaming in the lead-up. Realistically was hoping for a Bestival cross-over two from three of Justice/Jamie T/DJ Shadow. Seems light on the electronic & indie front.

To echo a lot of people does feel as if Festival Republic are using EP's popularity as a cash cow to prop up other flagging festies. Headliners/sub-headliners not necessarily growing with the festival.

Back to the line-up: Any chance Leftfield might save the day on the main stage dance-front? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Thought elbow were so boring at Glastonbury, One or two were good apart from that very snooze. Radiohead were fantastic. I'd love Edward sharpe to be added to EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Having a quiet chuckle to myself here as I watch that Glastonbury mob settle for EPs sloppy seconds. Ye can keep your Radiohead.

Actually, they were alright. We're fairly confident they'll be in that 3rd announcement. Am I right? They're no lemon twigs but they have a certain charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows the story with registering for the Eco campsite? Ive never been there before, but old age is dictating a quieter EP...
    What is involved, I'm in a meeting in work on Thursday morning and need someone to resister for me.. what details do they need?

Gal44 wrote: »
    Thought elbow were so boring at Glastonbury, One or two were good apart from that very snooze. Radiohead were fantastic. I'd love Edward sharpe to be added to EP!

Other way round for me, Elbows set flew by while RH seemed like 4 hours long, when they went to the old stuff they blew it away.

Flaming lips on now, would love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The electric picnic died a few years ago. It's gone woeful **** now ....over crowded, full of ***** with cameras out the whole time, terrible campsite full of animals, crappy stalls blarring generic TUD TUD music, piss poor music line up which year on year is worse than the previous year and you know something we deserve this because of the ***** who buy the tickets when no one has been announced which puts zero pressure on the organisers
    Nothing last for ever and it had a good run.
    Although in saying that if your new to the picnic you'll have a great time and there is plenty on the line up to keep you going

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The electric picnic died a few years ago. It's gone woeful **** now ....over crowded, full of ***** with cameras out the whole time, terrible campsite full of animals, crappy stalls blarring generic TUD TUD music, piss poor music line up which year on year is worse than the previous year and you know something we deserve this because of the ***** who buy the tickets when no one has been announced which puts see pressure.
    Nothing last for ever and it had a good run.
    Although in saying that if your new to the picnic you'll have a great time

Is this one of the lesser-spotted Healy-Raes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Right so, we can get cracking with lists now I think?

Chaka Khan
    Father John Misty
    Band of Horses
    The Pretenders
    Young Fathers
    Perfume Genius
    Pond
    Car Seat Headrest
    Eden
    Real Estate
    Jagwar Ma
    All We Are