Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Just watched Glass Animal set from yesterday. Gladly go see them again this year if they were announced preferably in the Electric Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was doing a bit of giving out about the headliners but in hindsight besides 20 minutes of Noel Gallagher I didn't even see the main stage last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I was doing a bit of giving out about the headliners but in hindsight besides 20 minutes of Noel Gallagher I didn't even see the main stage last year.

This is exactly my point. There is so so much more to electric picnic than whose on from ten o clock onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mr.S wrote: »
    Same with me!

Body & Soul + Other Voices stages are what makes EP for me.

Same! People complaining about the headliners should check out the smaller stages. There is some seriously good Irish music being made these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

First timer here, what's the story with the different campsites? Not looking for a crazy one if possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm still bloody ticket less for this. Hopefully there will still be two at a reasonable price next weekend when I get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,751 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Jayop wrote: »
    I'm still bloody ticket less for this. Hopefully there will still be two at a reasonable price next weekend when I get paid.

If Facebook is anything to go by, the place will be empty so you'll have no trouble

everlast75 wrote: »
    If Facebook is anything to go by, the place will be empty so you'll have no trouble

What Facebook page are they on? I've never bought tickets for a concert from a second hand source and I'm terrified I'll get ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone knows the story with registering for the Eco campsite? Ive never been there before, but old age is dictating a quieter EP...
    What is involved, I'm in a meeting in work on Thursday morning and need someone to resister for me.. what details do they need?

I too am wondering this, any help would be appreciated!

Cheers MrS. Are forgeries really an issue or am I being paranoid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

The line up is actually really good but it's being presented badly. Lemon Twigs, Jaguar Ma, Father John Misty, Everything Everything, J.Hus.

I think the Festival could be really enjoyable this year, any troublemakers will stay away and it might get back the intimate eclectic vibe of ten years ago.

Yeah I'd definitely only buy a proper ticket but I asked around and Noone I know is selling. I'm limited then to the likes of those sites and done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Gal44 wrote: »
    First timer here, what's the story with the different campsites? Not looking for a crazy one if possible :)

First picnic you should be going at it full force, well you'll have no choice anyway all the "quite" spaces are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Off to Open'er festival next week.delighted with the lineup there for 130 eur with camping.Electric Picnic is a joke in comparison.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just keep looking! Most people get rid of tickets in August when they know they can't go anymore / don't want to go.

Good stuff. I've committed to going with a friend who's already paid for one of the festihuts. Posh camping ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Phoenix sounded phenomenal on radio 6 Glastonbury. Listening in on hols in Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Watched a bit of Glastonbury last night, people are raving about them but just dont get what the xx are about at all, was really dreary. Been on honeymoon last couple of weeks so missed going to Radiohead in Dublin. Set last night was class, dead jealous I missed it now. But its grand cause theyll defo be in the 3rd announcement ;)

Despite the nothing much announcement while I was hoping for a couple of bigger acts, I was praying no acts attracting teenagers were playing so still happy enough....

Why is everyone on FBook hating on Duran Duran tho, they are nearly the biggest name on the line up, I cant wait for Sunday night screaming Wild Boys at the top of my lungs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

kg703 wrote: »
    Why is everyone on FBook hating on Duran Duran tho, they are nearly the biggest name on the line up, I cant wait for Sunday night screaming Wild Boys at the top of my lungs

Because they are children who are not happy that they didn't get "their" favourite band and have zero idea who or just how big Duran Duran were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

kg703 wrote: »
    Watched a bit of Glastonbury last night, people are raving about them but just dont get what the xx are about at all, was really dreary. Been on honeymoon last couple of weeks so missed going to Radiohead in Dublin. Set last night was class, dead jealous I missed it now. But its grand cause theyll defo be in the 3rd announcement ;)

Despite the nothing much announcement while I was hoping for a couple of bigger acts, I was praying no acts attracting teenagers were playing so still happy enough....

The XX are dull. Jamie's DJ sets are blistering though.

Because they are children who are not happy that they didn't get "their" favourite band and have zero idea who or just how big Duran Duran were.

I'm of am age that I know how big Duran Duran are but I just don't really like them. Still think it'll be a fun act though to be at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

smurgen wrote: »
    Off to Open'er festival next week.delighted with the lineup there for 130 eur with camping.Electric Picnic is a joke in comparison.

do those festivals that everyone say is better have as much craic into the early hours though? Oxegen here had a great line-up and i had a great time going for a day trip in which i saw Bruno Mars, Too Door Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters etc for €100 - however wouldn't camp as you are basically in a dark field for the night drinking.

What sets EP apart is the late night activities for me randomly finding a stage with a DJ still on at 4am, i went to see Attention Bebe at about 2am in trailer park and it was rocking, same Mother Djs at 3am on the Sunday night. these are the things why i would be cautious when researching the festivals i go to abroad in case its similar to Oxegen. Though i'm sure there are people who are purely going for the acts then to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

showpony1 wrote: »
    do those festivals that everyone say is better have as much craic into the early hours though? Oxegen here had a great line-up and i had a great time going for a day trip in which i saw Bruno Mars, Too Door Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters etc for €100 - however wouldn't camp as you are basically in a dark field for the night drinking.

What sets EP apart is the late night activities for me randomly finding a stage with a DJ still on at 4am, i went to see Attention Bebe at about 2am in trailer park and it was rocking, same Mother Djs at 3am on the Sunday night. these are the things why i would be cautious when researching the festivals i go to abroad in case its similar to Oxegen. Though i'm sure there are people who are purely going for the acts then to sleep.

having said that if Foo Fighters were headlining i'd be ten times more excited for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Katy perry great at glasto . All the music snobs on here would have an aneurysm if she was added to EP .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Katy perry great at glasto . All the music snobs on here would have an aneurysm if she was added to EP .
    If EP also got Radiohead, the national, the flaming Lips etc....im sure K.Perry would be more than welcomed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I think you spelled erection incorrectly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Father John Misty sounding superb from Glasto. Please give him a tent headline slot at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

And can we have Cabbage as well?

Ah Katy - the personification of the phrase "never stick your dick in crazy"

Foos are rocking Glastonbury - can't wait til they're announced for the Picnic

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And can we have Cabbage as well?

My sons band were asked to support them recently, turned them down because of some stuff the singer had said, muppets.

Advertisement