Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Come on!! Just go into the EP forum from 16-15-14 etc etc and its the same bitching and moaning around this time of year... only to be followed by "best weekend ever" some weeks later ;)

Bar a few exceptions (i.e. Blur) ep does not have "premium" headlines.

Theres allot of talk about Duran Duran not being headliner material, which I feel is wrong, they have appeal with a huge back catalogue songs. The same can't be said for a tribe called quest, what were they thinking!! Completely unknown in Ireland, if theres any sort of clash the main stage will be empty!!

Maybe Rita Ora will show up and then everyone will be happy.

Maybe Rita Ora will show up and then everyone will be happy.

Who??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

watching Glasto here Barry Gibb would have been class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

showpony1 wrote: »
    watching Glasto here Barry Gibb would have been class :D

Same here! Think he's putting on a great show.

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Same here! Think he's putting on a great show.

prob only plays very select shows?

Shaggy on now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Barry was brilliant, Would love to see him at EP!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I caught Phoenix last night on BBC.

They put on some show,very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mcbee88

Really enjoyed Barry and Shaggy!! Actually really enjoying the Killers on the john peel stage now too, they're putting on a great show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The Killers putting on an impressive performance on the special guests slot at Glastonbury, and their schedule is empty during September!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Chic great as always

didn't know that was them who sang Liztomania, defo up for seeing them. would they get main stage or a tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

didn't know that was them who sang Liztomania, defo up for seeing them. would they get main stage or a tent?
    Main stage sub-headliner or Electric Arena headliner I reckon. They've headlined Coachella & other fests in the past. Not as big now but still a fair draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Main stage sub-headliner or Electric Arena headliner I reckon. They've headlined Coachella & other fests in the past. Not as big now but still a fair draw.

If they play EA and clash with ATCQ, the main stage will probably have one of its smallest crowds ever for a headliner.

Seathrun66 wrote: »

As right too bad, not a big main stage fan; hopefully EA would be ideal.
    My list has improved from the initial look at the line-up..

Phoenix
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Krept & Konan
    Rejjie Snow
    Mura Masa
    Pete Tong
    Hannah Wants
    Annie Mac
    Madness

(then my usual extras)
    Attention Bebe
    bit of Casa Bacardi & Heineken tent
    Smash Hits
    Mother DJs

i think this festival is going to turn out alright in the end :) any other suggestions based on above acts to check out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

As right too bad, not a big main stage fan; hopefully EA would be ideal.
    My list has improved from the initial look at the line-up..

Phoenix
    A Tribe Called Quest
    Krept & Konan
    Rejjie Snow
    Mura Masa
    Pete Tong
    Hannah Wants
    Annie Mac
    Madness

(then my usual extras)
    Attention Bebe
    bit of Casa Bacardi & Heineken tent
    Smash Hits
    Mother DJs

i think this festival is going to turn out alright in the end :) any other suggestions based on above acts to check out?

Vince Staples

Listened to some Jagwar Ma earlier, will go with the yellow highlighter for them on my clashfinder printout, pink = must see, yellow = will go if not clashing with a pink.
    By Sunday I'll be colour blind anyway.

Wish Mother DJs played the Friday or Saturday night. Am always in a hoop by the time they play the Sunday

Synode wrote: »
    Wish Mother DJs played the Friday or Saturday night. Am always in a hoop by the time they play the Sunday

Aw no I love them closing out Sunday night. Makes me less sad that the wkend is over with them closing them out

• Advertisement

Sheeran is having a bit of a shocker, never liked him anyway but he's hitting bum notes and making a mess of classic songs, really can't see how he's up there.

Poorside wrote: »
    Listened to some Jagwar Ma earlier, will go with the yellow highlighter for them on my clashfinder printout, pink = must see, yellow = will go if not clashing with a pink.
    By Sunday I'll be colour blind anyway.

Every year it's the same, clashfinder printed out, laminated and highlighted ruthlessly....by Saturday I've it lost and never paid any heed to it Friday anyway!

Aw no I love them closing out Sunday night. Makes me less sad that the wkend is over with them closing them out

i thought they played a few different sets over the weekend, or maybe its listed differently as just one of the members playing under their own name?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sheeran is having a bit of a shocker, never liked him anyway but he's hitting bum notes and making a mess of classic songs, really can't see how he's up there.

Guitar tuning is terrible anyway.

I'm only watching as a soporific - Justice and Metronomy sets will be watched when I haven't to get up early :)

What! I'm no Sheeran fan but he's putting on a great show. No live singer ever gets it perfect. In fact I'd say that Sheeran is doing better than most live singers could ever dream of

not his fault he's so popular

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭endainoz

Have to hand it too him tho, to be able command a stage like that with just an acoustic guitar and a loop pedal is impressive.

Also great to see beoga a spot on the main stage, playing Irish trad like! A great band guaranteed to have a brilliant show at the picnic. There's a lot more to them than just that friggen Galway Girl song!

Every year it's the same, clashfinder printed out, laminated and highlighted ruthlessly....by Saturday I've it lost and never paid any heed to it Friday anyway!

Don't laminate it, so it's normally goosed because it's been in my back pocket when I sat on a wet bench/patch,

i thought they played a few different sets over the weekend, or maybe its listed differently as just one of the members playing under their own name?

Your right, various different mother djs play in Bacardi bar, sound atlas and I think that just eat place. Always try and catch Ruth and ghostboy and Kelly Anne Byrne in the afternoons. Just brilliant

• Advertisement

Think it's ghostboy that closes on the Sunday. It's always excellent

Advertisement