Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

The Killers putting on an impressive performance on the special guests slot at Glastonbury, and their schedule is empty during September!!!!!
    I never thought I'd be crying out for The Killers to be added, but after seeing that performance and with me having little interest in the line-up so far, it'd be very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I'm still holding out for King Gizzard to be added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Absolutely. A lot of other acts doing the rounds like the Mary Chain, Slowdive & Arab Strap that I'm surprised EP haven't scooped up. Not expecting much from the third announcement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Absolutely. A lot of other acts doing the rounds like the Mary Chain, Slowdive & Arab Strap that I'm surprised EP haven't scooped up. Not expecting much from the third announcement though.
    I think its best to expect nothing and then you wont be disappointed in any 3rd listing.
    For example I've given up on Leftfield being added even though it would be great and they are touring at the moment the Leftfield 22 re release and would be great and are touring and would be great.........( I don't like to go on about things !!)
    Should be some good Irish bands ( new and old) added to the bill as the various other sub stages do their announcements.
    the likes of Fangclub Otherkin King Kong Company for example were 3 of my last year highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Won a ticket for the second year running, and for the second year running, I'm not going. $$$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

seachto7 wrote: »
    Won a ticket for the second year running, and for the second year running, I'm not going. $$$

Weekend camping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Nugget89

seachto7 wrote: »

We heard you the first time.
    And I'm still willing to do you a favour and take it off your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭showpony1

I never thought I'd be crying out for The Killers to be added, but after seeing that performance and with me having little interest in the line-up so far, it'd be very welcome.

they would be great, but seemed as though from their interview at Glasto that was a one off with a proper return next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

showpony1 wrote: »

they would be great, but seemed as though from their interview at Glasto that was a one off with a proper return next year.
    Possible Glastonbury headliners for 2018 I'd say. I won't even wish for them for EP. The way it's going, we'll be lucky to get the saw doctors in 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭mgkelly

PinkCamper wrote: »
    showpony1 wrote: »

Possible Glastonbury headliners for 2018 I'd say. I won't even wish for them for EP. The way it's going, we'll be lucky to get the saw doctors in 2018
    LOL! It isn't that bad!

• Advertisement

mgkelly wrote: »
    LOL! It isn't that bad!

Just had a look over the full list again and I reckon it's even worse than I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Body and Soul roster was packed with good stuff last year, most of the good stuff on Other Voices added late.....lots of little treats still ahead. Just forget about the big names.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Body and Soul roster was packed with good stuff last year, most of the good stuff on Other Voices added late.....lots of little treats still ahead. Just forget about the big names.

Very true...for headliners I only saw New Order and a bit of LCD last year. So much going on elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Anyone else notice that Phantogram aren't listed on the line-up anymore with no explanation given?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ah ffs.

EP still on their own website, hopefully nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

From Spotify

420817.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

Just had a look over the full list again and I reckon it's even worse than I thought.

Stay at home and listen to 2fm so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

maximoose wrote: »
    Ah ffs.

EP still on their own website, hopefully nothing.

Hopefully nothing. But when you go to discover artists on EP's website it looks like the Phantogram page was deleted as it says 'Page not found'.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

PinkCamper wrote: »

No, there are no Glastonbury headliners next year... there is no Glastonbury at all next year. What they are calling a fallow year.

Lzmunky wrote: »
    Stay at home and listen to 2fm so

Why 2FM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Why 2FM?

Cos it's shyte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Not overly impressed with the new batch of acts announced, the only two I can see myself going to see are Bicep and Phoenix who should both be good. I was a big fan of the initial announcement though so overall so far so good. Of the top six acts on the lineup I feel that ATCQ and Pete Tong are the ones that standout the most, they are too far up the bill IMO, ATCQ definitely don't have as much of a pull as most headliners we have had in the past and Pete Tong is nowhere near the likes of Underworld, Chemical Brothers, Leftfield, Orbital etc. Having said that I would be interested in seeing both, just seem like a bit of a downgrade on what has gone before.

By the time the other smaller stages are announced and all of the Irish acts are on the poster I'm sure my timetable will be full of clashes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I think I'm gonna camp this year at EP. Previous occasions I stayed in Carlow.

Can't find much info online other than there's four sites. Which would be the safest/best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I think I'm gonna camp this year at EP. Previous occasions I stayed in Carlow.

Can't find much info online other than there's four sites. Which would be the safest/best?

They're all safe. "Best" depends on whether you want to be closer to the arena and don't mind noise and crowds (Hendrix or Wilde) or want more space and quiet but with a longer walk to the main stage (Joplin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Not overly impressed with the new batch of acts announced, the only two I can see myself going to see are Bicep and Phoenix who should both be good. I was a big fan of the initial announcement though so overall so far so good.

I've already seen elbow this year so they automatically take precedence over every other act cos I know how wonderful they are live. Watched Phoenix @glastonbury and they're a dead cert now too and along with the initial announcement, my dance card is already overstocked for the weekend.

Bicep announced for the Friday.
    E.p seem to take a lot on board from me ;)

Mano le tough has it up on RA he is on it too but no day yet.

C'mom lads, who else.

Mano le tough is on what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Synode wrote: »
    Mano le tough is on what?

Resident Advisor

Resident Advisor

He's on the line up!

Yeah he's been on the lineup since the first announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Finally got around to updating the Spotify playlist.

If there's anything missing let me know.

Advertisement