Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bicep announced for the Friday.
    E.p seem to take a lot on board from me ;)

Mano le tough has it up on RA he is on it too but no day yet.

C'mom lads, who else.

Mano le tough is on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Synode wrote: »
    Mano le tough is on what?

Resident Advisor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Resident Advisor

He's on the line up!

Yeah he's been on the lineup since the first announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Finally got around to updating the Spotify playlist.

If there's anything missing let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Korvanica wrote: »
    Finally got around to updating the Spotify playlist.

If there's anything missing let me know.

Thanks! I was just about to ask if the creator of that playlist was a boardsie. Much better than the playlist by EP. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

When do they normally announce the schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

When do they normally announce the schedule?

It drips out but by bit but there's usually a schedule out there the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Usually only days, or perhaps a week beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I hope London Grammar's high placing on the lineup doesn't indicate a main stage slot. needs to be in a tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I hope London Grammar's high placing on the lineup doesn't indicate a main stage slot. needs to be in a tent.

Agree but they wedged the EA last time they played, remember looking out at one point, couldn't get over the crowd standing outside the tent, x3 years on, new album and a bit more exposure id imagine they're a mainstage act for sure.
    They've announced a gig in the Olympia nov 1st I think, tickets on sale Friday, how quickly it sells out (assuming it does) will give the EP organisers a good marker on when and where they'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I saw them on Sunday at Glastonbury and they were ace. They will be mainstage for sure I reckon, Olympia will sell out quick I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nice one, didn't know they had announced a gig in the Olympia. will try get tickets for that for sure. much more preferable than seeing them play in daylight on the main stage at EP with all the talkers and "here for the pints and selfies" crew.
    missed them at Glastonbury as went to see Moderat in West Holts instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Did I read here there's a good ep Playlist for Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Wouldn't have been au fait really with Mano Le Tough before Body&Soul but he was very good as part of the 'Maeve' b2b2b troupe that took over the Reckless in Love stage on the Sunday.

12 hours no small feat either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Seen the XX on Jools tonight, friend accused me of being an old fuddy duddy when I said they both looked like they'd fell straight out of an 80's fair city episode.

What did the other one look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jayop wrote: »
    Did I read here there's a good ep Playlist for Spotify?

Link on previous page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been au fait really with Mano Le Tough before Body&Soul but he was very good as part of the 'Maeve' b2b2b troupe that took over the Reckless in Love stage on the Sunday.

Heard about 15 minutes of him and was disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Electric Picnic have confirmed on Twitter that Phantogram have had to cancel their appearance at EP2017 due to unavoidable scheduling conflicts.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Someone asked earlier about getting into the Eco Campsite.
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/future-electric-go-eco-electric-picnic-2017

Registration opens tomorrow (Thursday 29th) at 10am for the campsite. You can only register one name at a time. Registration is on the EP website.
    They have increased the capacity from 1,000 to 2,000, and half of that is covered by the loyalty scheme of people who have been in the campsite before and some other loyalty requirements. So there are 1,000 places available tomorrow. last year they went very quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Madam Oblong

It drips out but by bit but there's usually a schedule out there the week before

Thanks, just wondering about headliners really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thanks, just wondering about headliners really

Friday for The XX, probably about 9:30
    Saturday ATCQ, probably about 10
    Sunday DD. About 9:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

Electric Picnic have confirmed on Twitter that Phantogram have had to cancel their appearance at EP2017 due to unavoidable scheduling conflicts.

Really? I don't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really? I don't see it.

https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/879992667320582144
    Phantogram have had to cancel their appearance at #EP2017 due to unavoidable scheduling conflicts.

Raging

Tago Mago wrote: »

Wouldn't have known much of his stuff before he was announced but have been listening a good bit since and he's class. Most definitely on my 'must see' list

Pity about Phantogram :(

At least they cancelled now and not on the day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Tents and camping equipment half price in home store and more as their July special offers

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Someone asked earlier about getting into the Eco Campsite.
    https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/future-electric-go-eco-electric-picnic-2017

Registration opens tomorrow (Thursday 29th) at 10am for the campsite. You can only register one name at a time. Registration is on the EP website.
    They have increased the capacity from 1,000 to 2,000, and half of that is covered by the loyalty scheme of people who have been in the campsite before and some other loyalty requirements. So there are 1,000 places available tomorrow. last year they went very quickly.

Do we need anything in particular to register for this?

Or is it just name/email/phone etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Slobberdawn

maximoose wrote: »

Strange that they needed to be asked before announcing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭showpony1

LCD didn't go on until 12:30am or something on the Sat so who would be on after A Tribe Called Quest assuming they will be asleep by then.

I'm hoping Mura Masa is headlining the Electric Arena on the sat.

Advertisement