Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2017 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

showpony1 wrote: »
    LCD didn't go on until 12:30am or something on the Sat so who would be on after A Tribe Called Quest assuming they will be asleep by then.

I'm hoping Mura Masa is headlining the Electric Arena on the sat.

Maybe the Prodigy or Aphex Twin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Leftfield are def out of the running after being announced for Metropolis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Leftfield are def out of the running after being announced for Metropolis

As are TLC.

I mean, not that anyone was calling for them.

But still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Leftfield are def out of the running after not being announced for Metropolis Electric Picnic

FYP.

We aren't going to get any more big announcements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Excited now! Looks like I have my tickets sorted, have to meet he guy at the weekend, but he sounds legit on the phone, told me why he's not going, who he works for and some other stuff. Looking for face value on them too which is cool.

Was getting my checklist sorted this morning, first time at a festival so I'll probably bring everything but the kitchen sink just to be prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Jayop wrote: »
    Was getting my checklist sorted this morning, first time at a festival so I'll probably bring everything but the kitchen sink just to be prepared.

Some fine folk put up their sample EP checklists a good few pages back, might be worth checking out to give yourself an idea of what you might need. I'm sure there'll be more posted closer to kick off. Tis early doors as yet!;)

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Some fine folk put up their sample EP checklists a good few pages back, might be worth checking out to give yourself an idea of what you might need. I'm sure there'll be more posted closer to kick off. Tis early doors as yet!;)

Yeah I searched the thread and found a really good one that I took a few items from.

Here's what I'm looking at so far....

Essentials
    Tickets
    Money (how much?)
    Torches & spare batteries
    Power banks for phones
    Folding chairs
    Sleepings bags & bed sheets
    Pillows
    Ear buds
    Empty 5lt bottle
    Bin bags
    Waterproof jackets
    Many socks
    Hoodie
    Changes of clothes
    Wellies/boots/runners/sandals
    Medication & paracetamol/Rennies/berocca/dioralyte
    Baby wipes
    Toilet roll
    Suncream
    Handwash
    Towels
    Sunglasses & contacts
    Toiletries
    Hats (day & night)
    Bum bag thingy

Food
    Stuff for cooking depending on if I can warm beans etc.
    Sausages, eggs, pudding
    Bread & butter
    Cereal bars
    Crisps and chocolate
    Tea bags, coffee & milk

Stuff to check
    Gas stove, are you really not allowed it?
    Saucepan & frying pan
    BBQ
    Cutlery, plates and cups

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

Was really looking forwards to phantogram
    Would live slowdive yo replace them, hope we get someone decent enough if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Stuff to check
    BBQ

They'd be Neddy no no's I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Food
    Stuff for cooking depending on if I can warm beans etc.
    Sausages, eggs, pudding
    Bread & butter
    Cereal bars
    Crisps and chocolate
    Tea bags, coffee & milk

Stuff to check
    Saucepan & frying pan
    BBQ
    Cutlery, plates and cups

Seriously, you'll end up carrying that ****e there, then having to look after it for the weekend, then carry it home, it's not worth it. You won't need it, it's not a scout camp.

And gas is an utter no no.

my list : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

If you cannot carry it all in one go, then you've over packed, end of story.

• Advertisement

Yeah their website has gas as a no no so that cuts out any pots or pans as well as a lot of the food stuff.

A lot of the stuff can be left in the car for emergencies that you don't or do need according to the weather for example. As for looking after stuff, we'll have one of the huts, not a tent so I think we'll be able to lock it up when we're not around making that less of a worry.

Our camp mates are going on the Thursday and they have one of those little foldaway trollies and will come and meet us at the car park when we arrive so carrying the stuff in should be easy enough. I have a massive camp bag that I have my huge tent in that can hold the tent, beds & 4 bags, so if I take the tent and blow up beds out I'll have enough room in that for everything I need.

Seriously, you'll end up carrying that ****e there, then having to look after it for the weekend, then carry it home, it's not worth it. You won't need it, it's not a scout camp.

And gas is an utter no no.

my list : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103125258&postcount=3126

If you cannot carry it all in one go, then you've over packed, end of story.

I used your list actually for most of the stuff I have in my essentials top list. Great list, thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pity they don't allow gas cookers, took mine to Glastonbury last 2 years and it was great to be able to make a fry-up and tea/coffee in the morning when you're after waking up at the tent, rather than queue for 30mins to hand over a tenner for the same. campsite food options at EP are mostly sh1te.

pity they don't allow gas cookers, took mine to Glastonbury last 2 years and it was great to be able to make a fry-up and tea/coffee in the morning when you're after waking up at the tent, rather than queue for 30mins to hand over a tenner for the same. campsite food options at EP are mostly sh1te.

Making a cuppa would be my biggest reason for wanting to bring a wee gas cooker. I don't know if the power point in the festihut would be good enough for a little kettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Please no, can't let you bring all this.
    Yeah I searched the thread and found a really good one that I took a few items from.

Essentials
    Tickets
    Money (how much?)
    T̶o̶r̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶&̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶
    Power banks for phones
    Folding chairs
    Sleepings bags & b̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶e̶t̶s̶
    Pillows̶
    Ear buds
    E̶m̶p̶t̶y̶ ̶5̶l̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶l̶e̶
    Bin bags
    Waterproof jackets
    Many socks
    Hoodie
    Changes of clothes
    Wellies/boots/runners/sandals - don't need 4 pairs
    Medication & p̶a̶r̶a̶c̶e̶t̶a̶m̶o̶l̶/̶R̶e̶n̶n̶i̶e̶s̶/̶b̶e̶r̶o̶c̶c̶a̶/̶d̶i̶o̶r̶a̶l̶y̶t̶e̶ water and beer
    Baby wipes
    Toilet roll
    Suncream
    Handwash
    Towels̶
    Sunglasses & contacts
    Toiletries
    Hats̶ ̶(̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶&̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶)̶
    Bum bag thingy

[̶B̶]̶F̶o̶o̶d̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶S̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ ̶S̶a̶u̶s̶a̶g̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶e̶g̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶p̶u̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶B̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶&̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶e̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶s̶p̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶c̶o̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶T̶e̶a̶ ̶b̶a̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶f̶f̶e̶e̶ ̶&̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶k̶ ̶ ̶[̶B̶]̶S̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶G̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶ ̶S̶a̶u̶c̶e̶p̶a̶n̶ ̶&̶ ̶f̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶ ̶B̶B̶Q̶ ̶C̶u̶t̶l̶e̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶u̶p̶s̶[̶/̶Q̶U̶O̶T̶E̶]̶

Add beers, wine, spirits, airbed.
    Always bring to much the 1st time, just bring the essentials, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Making a cuppa would be my biggest reason for wanting to bring a wee gas cooker. I don't know if the power point in the festihut would be good enough for a little kettle.

It is :)

Don't need an airbed, I'll have a mattress waiting for me :)

Won't the torch be handy for late night toilet runs? Better than wasting your phone battery. Also, one of those tiny maglights doesn't exactly take up much space!!
    Rfrip wrote: »
    It is :)

Happy days! That's that sorted then. Herself will be looking to bring a hair straightener and dryer in that case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Excited now! Looks like I have my tickets sorted, have to meet he guy at the weekend, but he sounds legit on the phone, told me why he's not going, who he works for and some other stuff. Looking for face value on them too which is cool.

Don't forget the beer you have to give to people from the Internet.
    That's the most important thing.

Poorside wrote: »
    Don't forget the beer you have to give to people from the Internet.
    That's the most important thing.

Oh of course!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Essentials
    Tickets
    Money (how much?)
    T̶o̶r̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶&̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶
    Power banks for phones
    Folding chairs
    Sleepings bags & b̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶e̶t̶s̶
    Pillows̶
    Ear buds
    E̶m̶p̶t̶y̶ ̶5̶l̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶l̶e̶
    Bin bags
    Waterproof jackets
    Many socks
    Hoodie
    Changes of clothes
    Wellies/boots/runners/sandals - don't need 4 pairs
    Medication & p̶a̶r̶a̶c̶e̶t̶a̶m̶o̶l̶/̶R̶e̶n̶n̶i̶e̶s̶/̶b̶e̶r̶o̶c̶c̶a̶/̶d̶i̶o̶r̶a̶l̶y̶t̶e̶ water and beer
    Baby wipes
    Toilet roll
    Suncream
    Handwash
    Towels̶
    Sunglasses & contacts
    Toiletries
    Hats̶ ̶(̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶&̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶)̶
    Bum bag thingy

[̶B̶]̶F̶o̶o̶d̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶S̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ ̶S̶a̶u̶s̶a̶g̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶e̶g̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶p̶u̶d̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶B̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶&̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶e̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶s̶p̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶c̶o̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶T̶e̶a̶ ̶b̶a̶g̶s̶,̶ ̶c̶o̶f̶f̶e̶e̶ ̶&̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶k̶ ̶ ̶[̶B̶]̶S̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶[̶/̶B̶]̶ ̶G̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶o̶w̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶?̶ ̶S̶a̶u̶c̶e̶p̶a̶n̶ ̶&̶ ̶f̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶ ̶B̶B̶Q̶ ̶C̶u̶t̶l̶e̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶u̶p̶s̶[̶/̶Q̶U̶O̶T̶E̶]̶

?? Are you suggesting they leave out a Torch, pain killers, hat etc. Totally disagree! + 5ltr bottle is really handy, fill up at the drinking water areas after you get in, save 5kg of carrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

How do we actually book eco camp tomorrow? Like will they post on Facebook with a link or what? I'm splitting a tent, will we both need to sign up? Considering wed take up the same space regardless if only one get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

adam240610 wrote: »
    How do we actually book eco camp tomorrow? Like will they post on Facebook with a link or what? I'm splitting a tent, will we both need to sign up? Considering wed take up the same space regardless if only one get in.

Maybe check their website too. http://www.electricpicnic.ie/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Real shame about phantogram. Think I called them last December for ep, so pretty disappointed.

On me holidays at the moment in Portugal on a Phoenix listening binge. They sounded fantastic at Glastonbury on the radio last weekend and really looking forward to them as well as about ten other acts. It's gonna be deadly.

Oh yeah... Your lists are missing Ziploc bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lessthen50p

Fatfrog wrote: »

?? Are you suggesting they leave out a Torch, pain killers, hat etc. Totally disagree! + 5ltr bottle is really handy, fill up at the drinking water areas after you get in, save 5kg of carrying.

well i panicked a bit when seen this list, its just waaaayyyy to much stuff.
    I still bring to much every year.... really really cut it down to bare min these days, effort from the car and back just not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eco campsite registrations open now. Name, phone number and email address required.

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/bye-eco-campsite-registrations-now-open
    Electric Picnic 2017 Eco Campsite Registration
    If you would like to come and join us....well, we'd love to have you!!

The ethos is quite simple. By booking your place in the B.Y.E Eco-Campsite, you are agreeing to follow the eco-ethics shown here:

Every guest shall responsibility for his or her own waste.

All guests will endeavor to leave the BYE Eco-Campsite exactly as it was found - You brought it in? You bring it out!

As part of the B.Y.E Eco-Campsite experience, guests agree to separate their recyclables and to deposit their waste into the appropriate bins provided.

Most importantly! - as a guest of the B.Y.E Eco-Campsite, you agree to respect your fellow Eco-Campers and to respect the wonderful, natural surroundings of Stradbally Hall Estate.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

The F.B.I. (Festival Bin Inspectors!) will patrol the campsite, helping people live by the Be Your Environment ethos. B.Y.E Eco-Campsite is excited to bring NifyBins to Electric Picnic 2017, a new innovation for the education and management of waste materials. Introducing a range of customised bins designed to maximise the proper containment of recyclable materials, creating a zero waste educational environment.

If you'd like to join us in the B.Y.E Eco-Campsite, simply complete the form below. Bookings are STRICTLY limited to one person per booking and are given on a first come, first served basis. Due to popular demand, there are no group bookings this year. You will be notified as to the status of your booking.

The form below entitles you to book one person into the B.Y.E Eco-Campsite only. In order to access it, persons must also hold a valid weekend ticket to Electric Picnic 2017. As such, it is understood that you must adhere to the festival terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yes! Eco-camping registration done. Pretty quick and straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Was talking to Steve who runs the Eco show as i was leaving last year, they're hoping to have solar powered showers in there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Lzmunky

That can come in handy, I'd try squeeze it in

While I agree to an extent, the barracuda stall in Hendrix is pretty good, 7 quid and it's a great feed.

• Advertisement

Seathrun66 wrote: »

I postpone my meeting this morning for that?.. i could have done that in the meeting... oh well.

Advertisement